Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 5:34:22 AM EDT
Man screw that. Those bitches always seem to send me the broke DVD or the wrong ones in the right sleve. Does the people who run that shit actually watch what they are doing to make sure the DVD arn't damaged or even in the right envelope? We tried to watch the Ghost in the Darkness today and it was scratched halfway through  and just last week I tried to watch Team America and that was scrathed all to hell. Oh yeah we first tried to watch Star wars ep 1 this morning and that one was broken in half!  WTF is up with this shit this is like the 5th DVD I've gotten thats been broke. SO I tried to cancel my account and it kept showing an error when I put my comments in.

Do not get this service its run by the retarded.

Sorry my rant is over
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:43:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Go netflix man.  I've prolly gotten 75 dvd's from them so far, none have been unplayable.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:49:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have that bad of a problem with Blockbuster Online.  I have noticed that the discs are generally pretty beat up though.  
Both IRobot and Ven Helsing were so scuffed up that they stopped playing in my home player and I had to run them through my PCs drive to finish watching them.

I got Sin City on Monday and as I knew it would be a new release I looked at it to see how new it looked and it wasin perfect shape.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:51:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Man screw that. Those bitches always seem to send me the a broken DVD or the wrong ones in the right sleve. Does Do the people who run that shit actually watch what they are doing to make sure the DVD arn't DVD'S aren't damaged or even in the right envelope? We tried to watch the Ghost in the Darkness today and it was scratched halfway through  and just last week I tried to watch Team America and that was scrathed all to hell. Oh yeah we first tried to watch Star wars ep 1 this morning and that one was broken in half!  WTF is up with this shit this is like the 5th DVD I've gotten thats been broke. SO I tried to cancel my account and it kept showing an error when I put my comments in.

Sorry my rant is over

It's okay.  I know you are upset, So I fixed your grammatical errors.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:53:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:55:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't deal with Blockbuster do DUE to their anti-gun policy.

Seems like a spelling thread.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:03:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Netflix rocks
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:07:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:16:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Retards at Blockbuster Online huh? I would have thought that it being Blockbuster was a dead giveaway. I drive right past 2 Blockbuster stores on my way to Hollywood Video.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:21:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I was a netflix member for over 3 years. I got over 500 movies from them. Of the 500, 5 were lost in the mail, 7 were scratched and 1 was broken.

They always responded quickly to reported problems. I would recommend them whole heartedly.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:28:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Get netflix.

Out of more than a hundred DVDs I've received from them, there was exactly ONE that was unplayable.

I sent them an email and had a replacement the next day, they didn't evn wait to get the bad one back.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:37:23 AM EDT
[#11]
half the DVDs I got from BB were cracked and about two days late.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:38:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Netflix fans should read here:

www.manuelsweb.com/netflix.htm
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:40:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Go netflix man.  I've prolly gotten 75 dvd's from them so far, none have been unplayable.

+1

I've been using them for about 4 years now...out of roughly 400 movies, I've gotten 3 that were unplayable.

Their customer service is great, too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:42:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Dunno where this guy is based, but that has been the opposite of my experience.

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:38:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dunno where this guy is based, but that has been the opposite of my experience.

YMMV

+1.

From my experience with Netflix, this guy is FOS.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I've had nothing but great service from Blockbuster Online (seems like I'm a broken record).  Consistantly great shipping times.  I've gotten one bad disc, they immediately mailed a replacement.  Every disc I've gotten has been in great condition.  Couldn't be happier with their service.

Contrast that with my Netflix experience.  4-8 days to check in a DVD, scratched discs.  I notice they shut down the distribution center I was using at the time, so maybe that was the problem.  When I brought up the horrible lag for check-in (took 2 days for a disc to get to me), they gave me the form response.  Never offered anything to make it right.

Netflix can suck my balls.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Man screw that. Those bitches always seem to send me the broke DVD or the wrong ones in the right sleve. Does the people who run that shit actually watch what they are doing to make sure the DVD arn't damaged or even in the right envelope? We tried to watch the Ghost in the Darkness today and it was scratched halfway through  and just last week I tried to watch Team America and that was scrathed all to hell. Oh yeah we first tried to watch Star wars ep 1 this morning and that one was broken in half!  WTF is up with this shit this is like the 5th DVD I've gotten thats been broke. SO I tried to cancel my account and it kept showing an error when I put my comments in.

Sorry my rant is over

+1 MORONS.

Order any TV series on DVD and I guarantee you the wrong DVDs will be in the wrong sleeves. If the series is Disc 1-4 plan on getting Disc 2 at least 3 times in a row. I even wrote on a DVD sleeve that the WRONG disc was in the sleeve. Within 5 days I got the SAME wrong disc in the same sleeve I wrote on.

Incredibly stupid and incompetent people run blockbuster online.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Having had BOTH Netflix is a dream compared to Blockbuster.

I've gotten the wrong DVD and I've gotten broken or unplayable DVDs from Netflix. But it happened with Blockbuster all the time. Probably a 5:1 comparrison.

More importantly Netflix corrects the problem right away. Blockbuster just sends you an automated email reply.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You could have a service where a super hot blond brings you an extra large pizza, a 12pack, a crisp $100 bill, and a blowjob and there will still be some dork who sets up a site whining about it...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You could have a service where a super hot blond brings you an extra large pizza, a 12pack, a crisp $100 bill, and a blowjob and there will still be some dork who sets up a site whining about it...

Hotblondpizzaslutswhopaytoblowyou.com SUCKS.

They never bring the parmesan cheese and the $100 bill is usually really worn out.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I got my first cracked disc from Blockbuster today.  Disc still cop...err, played fine.

I reported it as damaged, they removed the disc from my shipped discs list immediately.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Blockbuster doesnt let you surf there webpage while armed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#23]
had great service from blockbuster online, they even sent me a disc free once.
I have had one lost going back to them, they just replaced it. They give you online coupons
for 2 free game/movie rentals in local stores (my son loves the game ones and they are normally $6 a rental so that is a deal there).

This month they gave me a free dvd (with a coupon online to go in a store and pick out one of several offered). I got Spartan, thought it was a good flick and it was free to keep.

Also have coupons almost each month now for "buy one, get one for $5" or something like.

Better value and never had a lost dvd to me or had trouble playing any of them.
Of course...YMMV

Essayons
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top