Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 9:16:14 AM EDT
I just got my statement, I can't believe they are hammering us for $2.00 a pop for a balance inquiry fee. It's not even the normal screwing for the ATM fee but above that. I didn't even get cash out for kerist sakes.

sorry, just pissed me off seeing it on there.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Credit union.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#3]
well how else do you think that they make thier money
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#4]
You're right. You should be able to pester them constantly about how much money you are keeping in their bank for free.

Assuming you keep $10,000 in their bank at all times, they're probably making $100 a year off of holding your money for you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#5]
read your TOS terms of service agreements!  that fine print is there and given to you for a reason.  If it is NOT in your TOS and you still have your paper work you can probably get that refunded to you IF your nice and honest to the supervisor in charge and not rude and learn and do not do it again and try to complain.

Kindness and honesty go a long ways.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

By creating money with a formula to loan out money against their savings/checking accounts.

Banks create money out of thin air.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#7]
If I had gotten cash, I really wouldn't be bitchin'.

but to see your balance is usury to me.

don't worry, it won't happen again.

What bank do you use 82nd? this was Suntrust.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#8]
See if they do online banking to keep track of your account balance, or find the balance once and set it up in Quicken os MS Money. Then track what you spend so you know how much you have in your account at any time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
read your TOS terms of service agreements!  that fine print is there and given to you for a reason.  If it is NOT in your TOS and you still have your paper work you can probably get that refunded to you IF your nice and honest to the supervisor in charge and not rude and learn and do not do it again and try to complain.

Kindness and honesty go a long ways.

I agree... I used to be a bank teller, and yeah, even though we don't make the rules, people still come and complain to us about it.  If it bothers you, check online or use the telephone banking system.  Pretty much EVERY bank these days has a telephone banking system that gives you your balance, pending transactions and transaction history.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#10]
How did you check your balance?  ATM, teller, internet, phone?

If it was via a teller, I can somewhat understand the fee.  They're trying to "encourage" their customers to do basic banking tasks automatically without having to use a teller.  I don't like it either, and I'd probably switch to a bank that doesn't charge all those bs fees, but I can at least undrstand their point of view.  Of course, I only speak to a human at my bank about twice a year.

If it was via an ATM, then I'd raise holy hell.  Your inquiry took up zero employee time and might have used 2 cents worth of electricity.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Investments and loans.  

If they're nickle-and-diming you for having an account there, take your money--and your mortgage, and your car loans, and all of your business--to some place that wants your business.  And be sure to tell everyone why you took your business elsewhere.

The worst offender I have found is Bank of America.  

Jim
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#12]
nm.  ks beat me to it.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I just got my statement, I can't believe they are hammering us for $2.00 a pop for a balance inquiry fee. It's not even the normal screwing for the ATM fee but above that. I didn't even get cash out for kerist sakes.

You wouldn't happen to bank with Wachovia, would you?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#15]
My bank has me on a "free" checking account.
I write three checks a month, at most. Have a
debit card, but have only used it twice in the past
year.

The other day, I noticed they were withdrawing
$5.95 each month from my account for an electronic
banking fee. I have never electronically banked.

Called them. They refunded all the fees since last May.

Sometimes it pays to complain. It always pays to keep an
eye on your money when others have access to it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You wouldn't happen to bank with Wachovia, would you?

no, suntrust. getting ready to be somewhere new too. or trash the ATM totally
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
How did you check your balance?  ATM, teller, internet, phone?

If it was via a teller, I can somewhat understand the fee.  They're trying to "encourage" their customers to do basic banking tasks automatically without having to use a teller.  I don't like it either, and I'd probably switch to a bank that doesn't charge all those bs fees, but I can at least undrstand their point of view.  Of course, I only speak to a human at my bank about twice a year.

If it was via an ATM, then I'd raise holy hell.  Your inquiry took up zero employee time and might have used 2 cents worth of electricity.

it was the ATM balance inquiry.

that's what pissed me off to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#18]
The bank I work for doesn't charge for that.  Or using the ATM or another banks ATM etc....
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Join a credit union. I haven't been in a bank in 20 years.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#20]
this may be new with suntrust, I hve never seen it on there before. I'm going to get a call back here in a little bit I hope to clear this up.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#21]

I wrote a check for $.93 the other day.  I will not get an ATM card or Debit Card.  Its cash, check, or CC.  It aint that hard to live without.

Shok
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I wrote a check for $.93 the other day.  I will not get an ATM card or Debit Card.  Its cash, check, or CC.  It aint that hard to live without.

Shok

that may very well be where I'm headed.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

By creating money with a formula to loan out money against their savings/checking accounts.

Banks create money out of thin air.

So absolutely true!!! for those who dont know anything about banking read "modern money machanics" published by federal reserve(they are as much federal as federal express lol), Rob NJ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top