Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/13/2002 1:54:12 PM EDT
How long do i have to wait for a package sent priority till it is considered lost and I can start paperwork on claiming insurance? Sent package last tuesday priority to NY and it did not arrive in the usual 3 days. What do i do? Wait or can i call the postoffice in the area and see if the package arrived? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 1:58:28 PM EDT
Ditto!! I have been waiting for three weeks for one coming to Canada!! Nadda...it was insured. but the question is how long till its declared DEAD?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:02:01 PM EDT
I'd just wait a little while longer. Larry Watson of Watson's Weapons (the place that makes .50 cal AR uppers) sent me a package via priority mail once that took 17 days to show up! That was 17 days from the date of the postmark. It arrived in perfect condition with no abnormalities to make me think that something happened to it. Who knows where it was for the extra 13 or 14 days. Especially with the stuff that is going on with the postal system right now, I wouldn't worry about it too much yet.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:03:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:07:28 PM EDT
Priority Mail is NOT any kind of special express service. It is basically First Class mail, the USPS just gave it a snazzy name to try and draw business away from FedEx and UPS. I once had to get a letter to Louisiana; it didn't need to be there overnight, but I wanted to put a rush on it, so I sent it Priority Mail. The letter took two weeks to get there, and the response of the local Postmaster when I complained was, "Sorry, but three day service isn't guaranteed." Just my 2¢.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:12:18 PM EDT
Your going to have to wait a little longer, due to the Anthrax problems in NY, NJ & D.C. you're just at the mercy of the clean up, prevention and scanning issues taking place. There are several stories of USPS delays, here are a few of my own. - 7 days to go 90 miles in state (Priority) - 12 days from FL to IN (Priority) - 7 days from VA to FL (Priority) - 14 days from FL to AZ (1st class)
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:28:30 PM EDT
What Nimrod1193 said... Priority mail isn't guaranteed worth a damn, so don't be surpirsed if it takes much longer than the 2-3 days they claim it should take. First class mail is usually a better way to go, and a little cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:34:39 PM EDT
I do a lot of stuff with eBay and Priority Mail is 99% fast and accurate. I use the conformation $.40 and they have never lost anything and everything has been witin 5 days. For lighter items it is by the best shipping around and they GIVE you the boxes to ship. Even a item to Hawaii made it in 4 days and the cost was no different than sending it across the county. UPS is great once you get over a certain weight. P.S. I do not work for the Post Office but someone who ships more than 20 boxes a month but less than 50.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:36:38 PM EDT
if it is more then 3 days, take your receipt back and they will remberse the sender 100% Keving67
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:00:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2002 6:00:38 PM EDT by Glock9]
I had a priority mail package lost on I had to wait 30 days before they would let me file a claim.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:07:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:09:53 PM EDT
Well I am lucky my sender paid for insurance instead of priority. As it was going to Canada and there is not UPSP priority mail to here. So he wisely used the extra money for insurance... Looks like it might come in handy!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:26:52 PM EDT
Being 54, I remember a time when we got twice daily delivery and 1-2 day service for a couple of pennies. The posts so far, indicate a service that's just completely gone to hell. Why?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:43:08 PM EDT
I've used priority mail quite a few times and this is the first time this has happened. Good thing it's insured. Buti know how anxious the buyer is to get his purchase,I feel the same way when I'm waiting on something. Hope it gets there this week. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:59:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By stcyr: Being 54, I remember a time when we got twice daily delivery and 1-2 day service for a couple of pennies. The posts so far, indicate a service that's just completely gone to hell. Why?
View Quote
ill tell ya why. i work there. the motivation for the company is $$$$$ !! but you knew that didnt you? service to the people be damned. as long as they make the money and the managers get their numbers.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:28:51 PM EDT
I think you just hit the nail on the head. You no longer work for the country, you work for a "company". Believe me, redray, that's not meant to be a reflection on you, or the rest of the people who do the job.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:35:06 PM EDT
Originally posted by Aimless... Express is the one where you get $ if it's not delivered in 3 days. Priority is regular mail basically. It'll show up when it show up. You can ask for a trace-fat chance
View Quote
Just got done turning 3 of mine on saturday afternoon. 100% refund on all shipping charges but not on the insurance and tracking. Keving67
Top Top