Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2009 12:46:01 PM EDT
Those fucking cockgobbling bitches! I ordered a computer on Dec 1st for a friend of mine as a surprise present. Estimated delivery date 12-18-09. Now I get an email saying it won't be until the 29th. If I had wanted an after Christmas present, I would have celebrated a different fucking holiday you fucktards. In addition, her main computer died after I placed the order, so now she is looking around to buy one - time is a factor. So I call these fuckers up, stay on hold forever and a fucking day, and get pushed thru their phone tree loop twice by Ravdi (may his testicles be bitten off by a mongoose or whatever vile little creature is native to his foreign fucking land) just to reach some other cum gargling peon. I'm trying to be reasonable - if it's a certain component that I can do without/upgrade and if they can expedite shipping, fair enough. The fucktard that I finally get through explains "There is no exact part that is delaying your system." Bullshit - either there is a part, or you can't build them fast enough. Tell me what it is, then I have something to work with. If it's a part that not critical, we can work around that. If it's piss poor planning on your part, fucking tell me, then build the son of a bitch and ship it overnite. If you can't do either one of those things, then fucking put in an extra CD drive for wasting my time going through your seven levels of hell fuck me in the ass without a reach around phone tree/redirect fuckwittery!

I recommended to him that Dell should just put in their initial automated phone message, "Don't waste your time if you are calling about a delayed order - we don't care and won't do anything." Hell, even Best Buy sent me a gift card when their repair was delayed (they actually went beyond that and replaced the TV with a newer, better, and bigger  model and gave me $700 worth of store credit on top of that - the time I actually used a product service plan, it paid off). I also told him that word of mouth travels quickly in the internet age, I would be posting about this episode and their lack of customer service whereever I can on the net, and that I would be looking for other options. So, now I'm going to hunt around for a computer locally, and if I can find one with similar specs, I'll cancel the order with Dell. And before you guys say build one - I don't have the time (now, after  waiting 17 fucking days thinking it will be here), to order the parts and get it running.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the last millennium....  

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL.  "Dell" and "in a hurry" are like oil and water.

Decent rant though, 8.5/10.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to competition for goods, as exists in a capitalist society.  

Man up and deal with it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Good rant 9/10
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#5]
exactly like my experience with dell a year ago.... never again
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And before you guys say build one - I don't have the time (now, after  waiting 17 fucking days thinking it will be here), to order the parts and get it running.

Newegg ships guaranteed three days. I've received many orders from them in 2.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#7]
why not just cancel the order & run to Best Buy?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

One of the places I'm looking at locally.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Good rant 9/10

This...one of the few times no one will say "needs moar fucks"

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
And before you guys say build one - I don't have the time (now, after  waiting 17 fucking days thinking it will be here), to order the parts and get it running.

Working thru Tuesday, so the build would happen on Wednesday - if I get a bum part, I'm screwed.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm glad I can build my own PC's

That seriously does suck though man. Cancel order, go to best buy or a frys if they go t one near you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Dell servers - 3-4 weeks behind schedule.  Deal with it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#14]
That's bizzare...

I ordered a Mini laptop from them about a week ago and had it THE NEXT DAY...

Did you order something special or custom ???

I didn't even pay for shipping. They offered free next day shipping... so I took it.

My previous experiences with them have been just as good...  One thing I DID notice though... the shipping updates are usually WAY behind actual reality.  If you originally got a notice saying the 18th was the delivery date... then pushed off to the 29th... don't be surprised if it shows up on the 19th or 20th.

At least that's what I've had happen to me in the past...  The shit usually arrives long before the emailed update does...  like a week to 10 days before.

I never understood why, but never complained because I always got shit quickly from them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Dell suck donkey balls for consumers, their enterprise support is top notch
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#16]
what is your price range?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Dell = no more of my $ - long story, unhappy ending.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Newegg is the best place for all PC needs. I buy all my PC parts from them and a friend of mine slaps together a kick ass system that is heads and shoulders above anything Dell or other makers can do. My wife bought a Dell a year ago and it sucks moose balls.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#19]
yup #(@# dell indeed... excellent rant towards a most deserving company
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Great rant.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the places I'm looking at locally.

Beware of Bestbuy. 15% restock fee. You will not get cash back, only a check and you wait 7 to 10 business days to get it in the mail. I have had better luck with CompUSA it I needed something local. All else, Newegg.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#22]
cum gargling peon

9/10
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#23]
For extra laughs, wait to cancel the order till you get the shipping notice, then refuse delivery.  Unless of course, Fedex just leaves it on the porch with no signature (they do that all the time here) in which case wait for it to disappear off your porch and then tell them you never got it delivered.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I just wait for one of my family members computers to stop working for them, they go and buy a new one, and send me their old one.

I have aquired 3 computers this way. 2 worked great after reformatting, 1 needed a new PSU.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I ordered a laptop from Dell on a Sunday night, Nov. 29. It shipped that Monday Nov.30 and was delivered Tues Dec 1.

Did you have a special order? Upgrades that would delay it?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#26]
The only way this is going to get better is if they're a union shop.

Anyway, in before the- "It's their company, if you don't like it go elsewhere." brigade.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Dell could give two shits about home user customer service.  They make it rather obvious.  I'll never order another Dell computer.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Even though Dell has some decent deals on some decent machines, it's been public knowledge forever that their customer service is crap. Also, with all the big box stores stocking machines now, you should be able to walk into any Best Buy, Walmart, MicroCenter etc and buy a pc right on the spot, and save yourself hassle of dealing with Dells antics.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Even though Dell has some decent deals on some decent machines, it's been public knowledge forever that their customer service is crap. Also, with all the big box stores stocking machines now, you should be able to walk into any Best Buy, Walmart, MicroCenter etc and buy a pc right on the spot, and save yourself hassle of dealing with Dells antics.

I went to staples and bought a new  HP.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Dell sucks road kill dicks.
Couldn't;t pay me to take one.
I wish that company nothing but bankruptcy.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Fuck Dell!  I ordered a Wii bundle from them on Black Friday.  The goddamn thing was shown as "in stock".  I get a estimated delivery date of 12/11/09.  The next day they sent an email saying that date changed to 12/21/09.  A week later they sent an email saying the delivery date was now 3/19/10.  WTF?  This is the second time they have fucked me on an order, and it will be the last time.

And screw there fucking camel jockey customer service reps.  I threatened one a year ago on the phone.  Told him I was going to fly over there and kill his sorry ass.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#35]
You are in TX, drive down there and kick some ass.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a Dell that is about 7 years old. Am typing this on it now. Has run like a champ, however when it takes a dump I am not buying another. Gonna get an iMac. A co-worker just got one and it freakin' kicks ass.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 for Newegg. They are my source for everything. Because of my location I can order something tonight and it will show up at my door tomorrow, it's insane. Good prices too.

Any company that uses India for customer service is basically saying to me "we don't give a fuck about you complaint and nothing will get done to resolve the situation." This has been my experience on multiple occasions.

Fuck India.

Fuck Dell.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#38]
no time to build?  It takes 1 hour, at most, to assemble.  1-2 hours to install the OS and software.  3 hours isn't hard to find.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Well as much as I like Newegg if you want to build you a pc,  I have ordered from this company before

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

I have not had one of their systems in 3 years but i was impressed with their customer service and ability to build/upgrade various systems from varying price points
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#40]

dell is still in business?

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Good rant, but how did you not know dell sucks with CS?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top