Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 12:24:28 PM EDT
... ATC shut down civilian air traffic in Phoenix. My incoming flight diverted to Tucson for fuel. Oh well, it's not nearly as painful as it is for the neverTrumpers on same flight
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#1]
MAKE WAY FOR THE KING, YOU PEASANTS!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Leader of the free world and shit
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Presidential TFRs be presidential and shit. Intercept them to see some cool fighter jets!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#5]
at least he wasn't getting a haircut.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#6]
You must be a big deal.

Honestly though how hard is it to fly into airforce bases
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
at least he wasn't getting a haircut.
View Quote
Came to say this.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Hope he gets reelected just to piss the commie fucktards in Washington state the fuck off! 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Honestly though how hard is it to fly into airforce bases
View Quote
Proximity, I'd guess.  But I really don't know.
We have Luke AFB here but it's on the far west end of metro Phoenix, probably 30 miles from downtown.
Whereas Sky Harbor is very close to the convention center
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:48:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Was this a last second TFR or your airline have some clueless dispatchers?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#11]
AF1 Trumps all other flights.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

We have Luke AFB here but it's on the far west end of metro Phoenix, probably 30 miles from downtown.
View Quote
And Sky Harbor has the Air Guard base with secure hangars and refueling,etc. Its perfect for Air Force One.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not to mention the fact that a lot of people gather to see the POTUS arrive and depart on AF-1. It's a way more involved process to vet all those folks for entry onto, and provide security on, a military reservation. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#14]
The First Lady almost made my wife and I miss our connection after they delayed our flight out of ft Lauderdale.    It was funny seeing all the travelers freak out about Air Force one. I didn't feel like correcting them and ruining their photos though.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And Sky Harbor has the Air Guard base with secure hangars and refueling,etc. Its perfect for Air Force One.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Indeed

Quoted:
Not to mention the fact that a lot of people gather to see the POTUS arrive and depart on AF-1. It's a way more involved process to vet all those folks for entry onto, and provide security on, a military reservation. 
Good point, I hadn't considerd that
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
... ATC shut down civilian air traffic in Phoenix. My incoming flight diverted to Tucson for fuel. Oh well, it's not nearly as painful as it is for the neverTrumpers on same flight
View Quote

We all know where to grab those neverTrumpers
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#17]
... Like I said, I'm not anywhere nearly as sore as the Democrats on the flight :-)
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
How many 747 size hangars does Goldwater ANGB have?  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I went to A&P mechanic's school at Love Field in Dallas.  The prezs would fly in and out a good bit.  If you have never seen all this entails, you would not believe it.  They would land next to our hanger.  What a cluster.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How many 747 size hangars does Goldwater ANGB have?  
View Quote
From the freeway it looks like they only have one hanger. But its wider than three KC135s. Have no idea what it was designed to hold originally. Don't know what the door configuration is either, but its certainly big enough inside if there are no door pillars in the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top