Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2010 5:23:40 PM EDT
So I'm loading the plane this morning, and when I grabbed onto a wooden crate, there was a screw I snagged my middle finger on and cut it open.  Not a real bad cut, so, didn't think anything of it.

But now, 14 hours later, my finger is swelled up and I can hardly bend it without it hurting.

How can one small cut do this?  

vmax84
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Infection??
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

So I'm loading the plane this morning, and when I grabbed onto a wooden crate, there was a screw I snagged my middle finger on and cut it open. Not a real bad cut, so, didn't think anything of it.

But now, 14 hours later, my finger is swelled up and I can hardly bend it without it hurting.

vmax84
You've got the MRSA...sorry for your family's loss

Dibs on any short ribs you have in the fridge.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Infection??

Thread/
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not a doctor, but have played doctor many times.  We need more info as to where you cut it and how deep.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]
right middle finger, picking up a wooden box that had a screw protruding from it.    Not very deep, but as stated earlier, somehow I got the infection from it.

I suppose my tetnis shot from 20 years ago isn't gonna do much, huh?!!  

vmax84
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Go to the Emergency Room Now.

Impeach Obama for the Good of the Nurses.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd go get a tetanus shot ASAP before you wake up with lockjaw.

Unless you know you're up to date...

IF in that case, wash it out with some Peroxide.

You probably do have an infection, so if you see a red line traveling towards your heart it's ER time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#8]
As a medic goto the nearest ER now! Get it looked at before it gets to bad.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So I'm loading the plane this morning, and when I grabbed onto a wooden crate, there was a screw I snagged my middle finger on and cut it open. Not a real bad cut, so, didn't think anything of it.

vmax84
You've got the MRSA...sorry for your family's loss

Dibs on any short ribs you have in the fridge.

Dibs on the guns!!!.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

right middle finger, picking up a wooden box that had a screw protruding from it.    Not very deep, but as stated earlier, somehow I got the infection from it.

I suppose my tetnis shot from 20 years ago isn't gonna do much, huh?!!  

vmax84

I'd go get a shot.

NOW.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#11]
It's called an "infection" and you probably could use a good antibiotic.

About half the time I get a cut on a hand,  it gets a low grade infection.   Essentially, I wait until it starts to come to a head,

then I lance it myself.  (Just excavate a small hole at the highest point and apply pressure.  This does the trick.)  Then I treat it

with antibiotic ointment and it's just fine in a day or two.

These days I'm very good about washing my hands and am very aggressive about cleaning any new injuries.   It seems to help quite a bit.

CJ

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Doctor yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Man up, just heat the cut a bit. You'll be good to go in minutes....

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#14]
No pic, no proof.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top