Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 7:18:59 AM EDT
[nuclear rant mode]

I cannot stand UPS.  For the past 6 months it's been crappy service.  I've never had a problem receiving a package until then.  Literally, Tuesday I'll receive a package and on Wednesday the driver cannot find my house.  I just don't get it.  I've given my local hub the directions to my house AT LEAST 3 times.  Each time the person says it's now in the system and I won't have any more issues.  Well, I've ordered about 10 things on line and have only received about 1/2 of them at my house.  The other 1/2 I've had to pick up because they couldn't find my house.

Thursday I'm anxiously awaiting a new holster, magazine pouch and range bag for my new Mark 23.  I'm waiting and waiting.  Finally around 7:30 I check the status on-line.  Delivered 6:59PM .  I call up the 800 number for UPS and all they can tell me is it was delivered and was accepted by a man.  I explain that I live by myself and didn't receive any package.  I also requested that my local hub call me so I can talk with a manager and get him/her to talk to the delivery guy to try to handle it in house.  I check with all my neighbors...  No package there.  

I now have to contact the shipper (Copsplus.com) so that they can start a track on the package as they are the only ones who can receive the insurance.  I check the web-site and they don't provide a damn phone number.  Friday morning I E-Mail them and explain the situation.  Friday is going by with no call from the local UPS.  I call UPS again on Friday evening to ensure that a track has started and I'm told that it hasn't been.  I again ask that my local hub call me so that I can talk to a manager.  The customer service lady tells me that they attempted to call me earlier in the day but didn't get an answer... she'll put it in again.  So now my local UPS people are trying to avoid calling me and they've delivered my package to the wrong address.....great.

I go the the hub in person and talk with a manager.  The same bull shit...  Sorry for the inconvenience.  He'll talk to the delivery guy on Monday to see if he can remember my package.  Funny thing is he didn't get my name, address, or tracking number so this isn't going anywhere.

So basically there's nothing I can do but wait.  If I don't hear anything back from copsplus.com today I'll call Visa on Monday to reverse that purchase.  So very, very pissed right now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#1]
At least it wasn't something as expensive as a Apple Laptop that was delivered to a member here a while back. It had a different name and address than where it was delivered. Across town I think.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I received an automated E-Mail back from Copsplus yesterday directing me to the FAQ section of their site...

Here's a E-Mail that I just sent:

Copsplus.com,
I wrote an e-mail on the morning of Friday, Oct 27th, explaining that UPS has delivered my order to the wrong address.  I’ve spoken with UPS and according to them the sender must start a track on the package as only the sender can make a claim for the contents of the package.  

I called UPS just before writing this and I am disappointed to find out that UPS had not received a phone call from you concerning this lost package.  As I’m sure you’re aware a trace investigation needs to be started as soon as possible, to ensure the highest chance that the package can be recovered.

Since it has been over 24 hours since my initial E-Mail, I attempted to start a trace investigation myself.  However, if I did that, and the package could not be recovered, I would not be eligible for a claim on the contents of the package.  

You must contact UPS today, Saturday, Oct 28th, to start a trace investigation.  Tomorrow morning, Sunday, Oct 29th, if a trace has not begun I will start one.  If the package is unable to be located, I will contact Visa to reverse my payment.

Thank you,
Magoo6541
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top