Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 6/19/2007 3:34:27 PM EST
It was bad enough this year that I was raked over the coals both for federal and state taxes. Granted, the state taxes weren't as bad as the federal ones, but I still owed an extra $200. Well I get this notice in the mail saying that I didn't pay my additional state taxes, and they added on a fine and interest on top of that.

I have the fucking cleared check proving that I paid. So I called and said "You all made a mistake, I paid my taxes on time, I have the check to prove it" They said "No you didn't we show nothing of you paying the additional." I said "I have the cleared check with the treasurer's stamp, it was deducted from my checking account" The woman then said "Well you will have to appeal it" I said "ok how quick can I get everything cleared up" She said "months'. I then asked if I was going to be charged interest during this time she said "of course" I then brought up that I as involved in trying to buy a house and was wondering if it affected my credit rating she said "I don't know, probably"

Fuckers!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 3:39:47 PM EST
Yea, I had a similar situation. The fed's still owe me money over a year later. (and one of their collection minions who skimmed auto-deducted payments and called the partial fed refund "sufficient".) Joy.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 3:39:51 PM EST
And the kicker: Guaranteed if the roles were reversed and the state found they owed you money, it would take them months to pay you back.
Top Top