Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 9:34:12 AM EDT
Anybody know where there may be something in print on how to do this?  I haven't installed string on this thing in years (try very hard not to use the screaming thing), but the time is now to install new string on the spool.

Anybody help me with this?  

vmax84

And yeah, I know, check the manual..........where that is at is another mystery.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
a new spool should come with the strings "clipped" in to little slots on the side of the spool. Make sure that there is enough loose string beyond the slots to feed through the holes in the trimmer head. With the strings still clipped to the spool, feed them through the holes on the trimmer head and push the spool in to place. Then, pull on the ends of the strings that are poking throught the holes until they pop out of the slots on the spool. Screw the retainer back on, and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
a new spool should come with the strings "clipped" in to little slots on the side of the spool. Make sure that there is enough loose string beyond the slots to feed through the holes in the trimmer head. With the strings still clipped to the spool, feed them through the holes on the trimmer head and push the spool in to place. Then, pull on the ends of the strings that are poking throught the holes until they pop out of the slots on the spool. Screw the retainer back on, and you are good to go.

Thanks.............Now that I'm done cussin', I'll go back out to the garage and give it another whirl.  

vmax84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top