Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2002 2:39:42 PM EDT
Finally went shooting today.  It's been at least a month or so since the last time.  Needed a nice relaxing day at the range.

But when we get there, the place is trashed!! Shot up plastic bottles, cans, boxes with targets taped to them, and some dumbass had been shooting at GLASS bottles. Damn that shit just pisses me off.

So, we take about an hour cleaning up all that shit. Cut my thumb on a shot up veggie can(not too bad, duct tape fixed it). Why the hell can't people clean up after themselves? Even my kids know better than to not clean up a mess they make.

After all that we did have a good day shooting. Yeah, we shot up a bunch of stuff,some 5 gal. metal cans,concrete blocks,a heavy ass solid wood door ,and assorted other stuff.  

When we were done it all went into the dumpster that's about 50 to 75 feet behind the firing line. Right next to the parking lot.

Hell, they've already closed one range because of this kind of shit.  I don't want to see this one close.

Sorry for the long rant, but that just pisses me off. When will folks learn?
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 2:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the "me syndrom".  Same things that make people look at a sign that says "keep off the grass, no U turn, do not enter, etc." and think, "well they dont mean me".  I hate people.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's the "me syndrom".  Same things that make people look at a sign that says "keep off the grass, no U turn, do not enter, etc." and think, "well they dont mean me".  I hate people.
View Quote

I don't hate people. But I feel better when they're not around.
AB
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep in mind that a LOT of "fair weather gun enthusiasts" celebrate the 4th of July by tearing the nearest range a new one.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
We have the same assholes at my local range. We also have the fuckers that like to shoot up range benches and other things that are there for people to use (non-target). They even shoot holes in the roof of the shooting area. The Board is thinking about putting up a gate to block off the pistol range that gets the most damage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top