Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2003 5:43:22 PM EDT
... A few months before 9/94 I sold a Fabrique Nationale FNC folder for a song. Kicked myself every since. They are fabulous, beautiful rifles. A bit heavy, but they're great. I want another.

... What affect do you suppose the potential AWB sunset would have on imports in this category? Right now, I can't justify $2000 for a rifle I once spend $400 on. Think prices will come down on similar imports?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
No, because the real ones are limited to supply on hand since they can not be imported. The AWB has nothing to do with the 89 ban, so I would say no, no change unless they go up.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Imports are totally seperate from the AW ban.  If you remember Clinton banned more items in 1996 and then a couple years later he had the ATF change their ruling on kits so that they could not be used to build new guns.

There are also rules that US technology can't be imported and that arms can't be imported from China or other hostile nations.

What you can expect is for a flood of AK mags to come in.  Unless George stabs us in the back either directly or indirectly through the ATF.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#3]
When the ban sunsets, you will see a lot of companies setting up shop over here.  HK is defintely going to open a factory and I am sure a bunch of other companies will enter into licesning agreements.  

There is 10 years worth of pent up demand for a number of popular guns.  Smart businessmen will see to it that the guns are available for purchase.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:53:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The AW ban sunset won't affect imports very much -- an EO signed by the first Bush banned the import of these things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top