Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2002 8:45:04 PM EDT
... Anyone else going out on opening day (6 hours)?

... 'tis still a great country we live in!
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 1:38:19 AM EDT
[#2]
It's 0430 in Texas and my boy and I are walking out the door. We've got 800 acres of corn in a field adjacent to the Cowboys'. Gonna be a great Opening Day.

Like to talk but there's birds out there.

Arock & Son
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Pssttt.. its mourning dove not morning dove. Not trying to embarrass you or anything.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pssttt.. its mourning dove not morning dove. Not trying to embarrass you or anything.
View Quote

... It was a play on words my friend.

... Notice the comma
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I took both my boys ( 13 & 10 )and one of the older boy's buddy.
The 10 yr old got his first dove after 11 shots,I am so proud of him ! You should of seen him get kicked when he touched off the max loaded 3".20ga.#8s - He'd been shooting the 2-3/4 low brass,Anyway,It was a L. to R. front passing shot,Him sitting on a folding stool.
After the shot,The recoil knocked the poor boy off the right side of the stool.I guess you had to of been there.
The two older boys shot up 150+ shells.
the younger one used only about 40.
I shot up 75 give or take 5.
We came home & cleaned 42 birds.And I have to get up and do it again.In the morning I'm gonna have to post myself in a shady spot.
Be Safe!
Jimmo
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
upland season opened yesterday in montana.  the damn wind was blowing so hard we didn't see a single bird.  i don't know where they went too, but we could even find any huns to shoot.

Link Posted: 9/1/2002 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#7]
fuckers. no dove hunting in iowa. cause the bible and hte "long range" ammo used on doves. the libral who made that shit up will smoke a turn in hell for it. tastey little bastages run around here like they own the place

and long range ammo. who hasnt been hit by a birdload that rains down on you. give me a frickin break
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Still a couple of weeks away down here.  Got my lisence, ammo, and gear.  Even went out to practice on some clays.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

... It was a play on words my friend.

... Notice the comma
View Quote

Man am I embarrassed, too many beers I suppose.  I stand corrected.  {Dang commas [:)]}
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 3:06:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
fuckers. no dove hunting in iowa. cause the bible and hte "long range" ammo used on doves. the libral who made that shit up will smoke a turn in hell for it. tastey little bastages run around here like they own the place

and long range ammo. who hasnt been hit by a birdload that rains down on you. give me a frickin break
View Quote

How in hell did that happen??  The absolute world expert on doves and dove hunting as a managment tool, Dr. Wilmer Jay Miller, is a prof. at Ames.  He's originally from Lawton, OK and a dove hunter when he was younger.  How did the anti's slip that past him??

Arock
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Arock, how did you and your boy do on the corn field?  Details, man!

We cleaned and cooked 12 birds on opening day, then put 26 more into freezer bags for later enjhoyment on Monday.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top