Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/2/2002 7:45:27 PM EDT
… After several years of a couple of my closer friends shooting my rifles they finally received or bought themselves “battle rifles” for Christmas. One got a post-ban L1A1 "kit gun" and the other got his first AR15; a post-ban Bushmaster. … The three of us got together for a shoot over the holidays and they are both really “getting into” the sport now that they are “owners”. Kind of like giddy kids opening new presents. … One of my buddies boasted about his FAL clone being better than mine because it is lighter and the other arrogantly stating “what do I need a flashider or bayonet lug for anyway”. … After some thought on a response I decided to just bite my tongue. After all they are now maybe a little more inclined to proactively support our position on gun control. The once finite line in the sand for me (post versus preban) is now a little more fuzzy. … and I think I’m happy about it!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:47:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:51:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:06:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2002 8:07:48 PM EDT by ChrisGene]
The once finite line in the sand for me (post versus preban) is now a little more fuzzy. … and I think I’m happy about it!
View Quote
It's not "fuzzy" for me. I have not become comfortable with the restrictions placed on us with the '94 crime bill. They want us to think these bans do not bother us. Now that some have calmed down about the crime bill, and it is being forgotten, it's the perfect time to hit us with more new, disarming laws. You are right, the difference is small between the effectiveness of post and pre-ban rifles. The real damage was done when a few proved they could take rights away from many, and the "many" could do nothing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:49:20 PM EDT
Biting your tongue at that moment was a good thing. In a little while, after they've started to read and talk more about guns and rights and all that, they'll see that they were restricted, and will want to buy new guns, not sell the old ones, and then, they'll be hopelessly hooked like we are...! Pretty soon they'll be talking about which parts to buy and if they need this caliber or that upper, etc. Excellent.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:54:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ChrisGene:
The once finite line in the sand for me (post versus preban) is now a little more fuzzy. … and I think I’m happy about it!
View Quote
It's not "fuzzy" for me. I have not become comfortable with the restrictions placed on us with the '94 crime bill. They want us to think these bans do not bother us. Now that some have calmed down about the crime bill, and it is being forgotten, it's the perfect time to hit us with more new, disarming laws. You are right, the difference is small between the effectiveness of post and pre-ban rifles. The real damage was done when a few proved they could take rights away from many, and the "many" could do nothing.
View Quote
... All good points. You and I have been preaching since them since 9/94, but many "non-owners" could give a damn in the past. Maybe we have two more allies now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 12:12:57 AM EDT
Tools that defend freedom against evil-doers that need to be brought to justice: Incremental legislation Hegelian dialectic Rationalization Let's roll.
Top Top