Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2002 10:37:09 AM EDT
[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=5213136[/url]

Is this for real?
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Several companies make or are currently working on a high cap conversion using M3 "grease gun" mags.  I think that conversion is a Special Weapons conversion.  They also have one of the SL-8-1.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#2]
That [u]appears[/u] to be the Special Weapons semi-auto version of the HK-UMP in .45 acp utilizing M-3 grease gun mags.

You might want to check with others who have purchased reworked weapons from Special Weapons before you attempt to purchase one!

Eric The(WordToTheWise!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You might want to check with others who have purchased reworked weapons from Special Weapons before you attempt to purchase one!

Eric The(WordToTheWise!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

JUNK! JUNK! JUNK!  I think I would rather have something made by Lorcin before having another SW POS!  I'm still bitter over that ordeal
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#4]
It's being sold by our very own SteyrAUG !
(note the e-mail addy)

The USC is an awesome gun indeed, I just don't know if I'd buy a SW though..
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#5]
ahhh, run away, run away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

special weapons= crap.(beware the toad)

go with the CAV arms lower for the USC so you can use hi cap grease gun mags for the USC, and it actually goes bang when you pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Wait a minute!  Don't be so hard on the guy... I think it's worth the opening bid amount of $.01
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]
It's actually a very nice conversion.

SAR is dooing a write up on it due out in Feb.

Cav Arms is no longer making a unit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
(note the e-mail addy)

View Quote

Damn, is hell freezing over already???
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Talk to Garry Owen over at Calvary Arms before buying a SW mod.  From what I've read on the industry forums, Garry is still in the testing phase of his product, and Todd (aka toad) cranked his product out w/o testing it extensively.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
(note the e-mail addy)

View Quote

Damn, is hell freezing over already???
View Quote

Thought it was cold here...

Actually that is my buddies gun, former Marine and HE installed the SW magwell. it has been test fired and DOES function. He is unloading it to free up some cabbage for a Shrike.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's actually a very nice conversion.

SAR is dooing a write up on it due out in Feb.

Cav Arms is no longer making a unit.
View Quote

Odd, they didn't say that when I talked to them last week.

The Cav Arms one lets you keep the HK mag release, but you still lose the last shot bolt hold (no big deal for me). And you get the UMP style stock, I think.

They said next summer for it. So I went with a USP .45f. I'll get the USC in June, so I can get a lower priced used one since I'm voiding the warrenty anyway.

Link Posted: 9/6/2002 12:25:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I hate that damn forward angle on the magwell, I can't get over it [:(!]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 12:34:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought one of the SW5's in 9mm the finish looks great.  I fired a 1000 rounds through it with no problems!  SW has come a long way from when they first started!
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I bought one of the SW5's in 9mm the finish looks great.  I fired a 1000 rounds through it with no problems!  SW has come a long way from when they first started!
View Quote

They sure have. They now make a stamped receiver that has big ass gaping holes in it. I posted pics of a current SW5 with gaps so large a #2 pencil could be inserted into the receiver. As hard is it is to believe the NEW SW5 is actually worse. Glad yours works, you beat the odds.

As to the USC conversion, it does work. Or at least the one I saw and fired. I did a fair evalution on full-auto.com. Given that this is a mostly HK gun is probably why it worked.

That said I'm waiting for the Cav Arms lower which despite A-nus declaration, is still in the works. I talked to Shawn last week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top