Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#3]
prescient, and very tin-foil hatty
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope ........... but the similarities are interesting
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeha, ive shown it to MANY people and they were all pretty freaked about it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I quit the Xfiles after the 4th season, got boring
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I think this is a Lone Gunman show.  They made it as a spin off of X-Files, but it died pretty fast.  The show did air what is shown according to some poeple on the net.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0243069/
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#9]
That wasn't an episode of the X-Files, it was an episode of Lone Gunman.  It was a spinoff, that lasted for maybe four or five episodes.  The pilot episode had to do with remotely controlling a passenger flight and flying it into a building.

Yes, it did air.  In 99 I think.  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I need to get the sound card fixed in my puter!  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing like giving the terrorists ideas, eh?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I've seen it, but it took the clip to evoke the memory.  Long forgotten by 9/11.

That part about the Cold War is over, the arms market has gone flat, crash an airplane and there's plenty of tinpot dictators begging to get smart bombed...  Yeah, where's my Reynold's Wrap?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
That wasn't an episode of the X-Files, it was an episode of Lone Gunman.  It was a spinoff, that lasted for maybe four or five episodes.  The pilot episode had to do with remotely controlling a passenger flight and flying it into a building.

Not just any building...

Of course, if Flight 93 had continued
to its assumed target, we'd be all talking
about how Tom Clancy was a prophet.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#15]
freaky
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did that episode air in the middle east?

I'm kidding for the most part.  They do have cells here and they aren't all poor and sheltered either.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#19]
DAMN....... I have not seen that before, interesting......
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Seriously, it doesn't take a genius to think of crashing an airliner into the tallest landmarks in the western world's greatest city. The X factor was finding a suicide crew.

When the news came in that the first tower was hit by a "plane" my co-workers thought Cessna. Someone said "could it be terrorism?" I chimed in "With a Cessna? No way. If terrorists want to really do some harm they'd use a 747." I could only shake my head when I had heard what really happened.

The Twin Towers were ground zero for the terrorists....it was target number one "against the greedy and satanic west."

looks like a good episode.....however, the show sucked huge donkey balls. RIP "Lone Assmen"
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Yep. It was the pilot episode of The Lone Gunmen which was a spinoff of X-Files. It originally aired in March of 2001.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yep. It was the pilot episode of The Lone Gunmen which was a spinoff of X-Files. It originally aired in March of 2001.

Maybe Osama had all of the episodes on Betamax and viewed them in his cave????
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Man I miss that show.  Damn shame it didn't make the cut.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#25]
It sucks to see how some movie/TV companies look to make money out of a tragedy.  Shameless!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
It sucks to see how some movie/TV companies look to make money out of a tragedy.  Shameless!

You're an idiot. This aired SIX MONTHS BEFORE 9/11 so how in the hell could they be making light or making profit off of an event that had not even happened yet?

Idiot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't know about the rest, but I'm kidding.  Some of you are so touchy.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nonsense!  "Storming Heaven" by Dale Brown had terrorists using airliners to drop bombs out of the cargo door, then using the entire airliner in an attempt to destroy the White House.  That book came out in 1994.

Thanks DoubleFeed… I've been trying to remember the name of that book for weeks…

Andy
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're an idiot. This aired BEFORE 9/11 so how in the hell could they be making light or making profit off of this event?

Idiot.

Did it really??? Damn, I guess I am an idiot, and in shock!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

yep
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#32]
I remember that episode of Lone Gunman. It was well before 9/11.

Doesnt anyone remember hearing, shortly after 9/11, that Washington wanted to put together a think-tank of screenwriters and the like to come up with some other creative ways we might be attacked so that preventitive measures could be put in place? I do.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I think this is a Lone Gunman show.  They made it as a spin off of X-Files, but it died pretty fast.  The show did air what is shown according to some poeple on the net.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0243069/

It did, I remember seeing this episode on television.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#35]
I find that very startling.

I shouldn't be suprised though.  While mocking the terrorists back in 2000 while driving back to Barksdale AFB from Dallas I suggested that if the terrorists were smart then they would fly a jetliner into the WTC instead of the truck bomb which was the result of piss poor planning.

I worked on cruise missiles, so to me a jetliner just looks like a big cruise missile.  There's more strategy involved in our discussion, but for the sake of those who lost their lives on Sept 11, 2001 I'll say no more.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Umm, didn't they figure out that the idea was floated to Osama like 10 years ago or so, long before this show? They don't need ideas from us. They may be evil, but they aren't entirely stupid.

We don't need help anticipating them either. But we do need the shock of an actual major terrorist attack to really focus on stopping future attacks and hunting down terrorists.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#37]
After the X-Files movie came out I was never able to watch another episode.  That was on of the all time worst movies in history.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I shouldn't be suprised though.  While mocking the terrorists back in 2000 while driving back to Barksdale AFB from Dallas I suggested that if the terrorists were smart then they would fly a jetliner into the WTC instead of the truck bomb which was the result of piss poor planning.

Yeah - my fiancee reminded me of a conversation like that we had sometime in 1998 or something (I don't remember saying it, but she swears I did), where I was also mocking the terrorists for trying to knock down one of the WTC towers with a small truck bomb, and apparently said something to the effect of "if you wanted to knock down one of those towers, the easiest way would be to fly a large jet into it"

I'm sure if a group of people were really trying hard to think of a way to knock down the towers, thinking of a large jet plane is not really that far-fetched.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I remember that episode of Lone Gunman. It was well before 9/11.

Doesnt anyone remember hearing, shortly after 9/11, that Washington wanted to put together a think-tank of screenwriters and the like to come up with some other creative ways we might be attacked so that preventitive measures could be put in place? I do.  

I remember that.  It really does not take that vivid an imagination to figure out how to attack us.  Just an honest one.

I concur.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah - my fiancee reminded me of a conversation like that we had sometime in 1998 or something (I don't remember saying it, but she swears I did), where I was also mocking the terrorists for trying to knock down one of the WTC towers with a small truck bomb, and apparently said something to the effect of "if you wanted to knock down one of those towers, the easiest way would be to fly a large jet into it"

I'm sure if a group of people were really trying hard to think of a way to knock down the towers, thinking of a large jet plane is not really that far-fetched.

Exactly.  It wasn't much of a stretch of the imagination.  But damn, 10 years of planning.  The operation was pristine.  May those jihadist SOBs be eaten by the worm.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I do remember that episode and at the time thought that was a very doable idea.  The thought of it being done by remote control was a little hard to swallow though.  Seem to remember them flying the plane between the towers after regaining control but I've slept since then.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I do remember that episode and at the time thought that was a very doable idea.  The thought of it being done by remote control was a little hard to swallow though.  Seem to remember them flying the plane between the towers after regaining control but I've slept since then.

... Yeah, me too. But that's what 95% of the DU crowd believe is FACT.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's got to be one of the top 30 stupidest things I've ever heard.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's got to be one of the top 30 stupidest things I've ever heard.

... What exactly do you mean by that? Nearly every one of those conspiracy theorists on DU believes the perps were anyone but Muslim terrorists.

… Specifically, they think the Bush Administration was behind it.

… you don’t believe me?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The thought of it being done by remote control was a little hard to swallow though.  

Well, to further muddy the waters a bit--the technology exists. Northrup Grumman has a bird that allows exactly that: control of the plan from liftoff to landing from a remote location. Its first flight was from Edwards AFB in February of 1998.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#49]
In 1996, Tom Clancy wrote "Executive Orders" in which the president, Congress, and Supreme Court are killed when a Japanese terrorist crashes a 747 into the capitol.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Sweet Jesus that episode was a bit too prophetic for my tastes...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top