Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/31/2001 2:51:53 AM EDT
This guy burned me on a sale, never came through with a HK94 I purchased from him. His email was Gunmen4u@aol.com
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:30:44 AM EDT
Is this the same guy that lives in Dallas?
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:42:13 AM EDT
Yes, he lives in Dallas, TX. Used DFW gun to do the transfer.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:48:07 AM EDT
get him! styr aug (sp? probably) this could be a new mission for the club that doesn't exist. hint hint. OffRoad
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:00:31 AM EDT
Guys this is the same little piece of fecal matter that goes by the name of A. Munoz, Jason A., and possibly several other names. He has a Mailboxes, etc. box. Subguns.com is down right now, so I cannot link to the board of inquiry, but when it comes up later, look up John Been, Albert Munoz, etc. on their Board of inquiry. This is the same guy that as "Combat Kid" wanted to trade a Python for a Beta C mag here on AR15.com a little while back. He also posted a WTT for an OA-93 kit he had on Subguns, and an HK P7 M13 that he has for sale. He uses other e-mails-- killuquietly@hotmail.com killuquietlypunk@yahoo.com And one or two dealing with Smith and Wesson Sigma's at AOL and other free e-mail services. He has taken MULTIPLE people. The address he uses (claims on occasion it is a Gun Dealer) is along these lines (the exact address is on Subguns.com Board of Inquiry) #3xx (sorry, can't remember the exact box #) xxx Casa Linda (or Casa Linda Plaza) Dallas (or Garland) Texas. Occasionally, he calls it Suite #3xx, or PMB 3XX. Normally, it is addressed to the name he is using and he heads the address with "Joes". He has claimed to be a full time student on HK91.com and has claimed to be full time military to others. He uses various user names on several boards (Combat_kid here, I believe it is quicksale at HK91.com). The ATF is already involved as he has been claiming to use a dealer that doesn't exist, and the manager of the Mailboxes, Etc. is aware of the problem. Local Law Enforcement is filing fraud charges. I hope he reads this--start looking over your shoulder, they are coming for you. AFARR
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:12:12 AM EDT
Interestingly enough this time he used a valid FFL dealer, DFW Gun in Dallas, TX. I have talked with the dealer and they said they have his info on file and that he had picked up the HK91 already. There was a trade involved here my HK91 and cash for his HK94. He has my HK91 and cash and I have NO HK94. I will be contacting the ATF today on firearms theft. Any other info on this guy would be helpful. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:19:24 AM EDT
You may be able to get a court order to get information from AOL. Law enforcement generally could get such an order. Additionally, you might also be able to get pre-suit discovery that would compel AOL to release the info.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 8:21:05 AM EDT
I can't believe no one has notified the postal inspectors about this piece of garbage. Those who've been ripped off, I highly recommend contacting USPS... they will get on his sh*t but quick.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:18:37 AM EDT
Why would the US Postoffice be involved? I used UPS for shipping. I would say this is a FBI and/or ATF issue.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 9:25:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR15nut: Why would the US Postoffice be involved? I used UPS for shipping. I would say this is a FBI and/or ATF issue.
View Quote
Sounds like and ATF issue and also contact the local DA and report it. If the gunstore has the info on him let the ATF know too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 10:04:53 AM EDT
AR15nut-- lemme guess, the deal was pretty good, right. Not quite too good to be true, but close? I would absolutely file criminal charges. ATF won't get involved in your transaction, as the gun went to a dealer (even if he said he was going to send you the 94). However, he has claimed that his Mailboxes, etc. address was a dealer at one point, so that is why they are involved. When Subguns.com comes back up, check out the Board of Inquiry, and do a search for the names I mentioned, or alternately our own Stokes who posted there about him. The guys there can put you in touch with the police investingating the matter. Hopefully he can be caught--most of what he was doing was non-traceable (i.e. getting merchandise in trade, etc.) or difficult to trace. Filling out a 4473 might just do him in. I am personally pissed because I myself use a Mailboxes, etc. address for 3 reasons-- 1. Convenience. 2. Security (the idiots at the front desk of my apartment complex can't be trusted to take the garbage out, let alone handle a package). 3. Easier if I break the purchases to the wife on my own time vs. having a package picked up by her. I would hate to have people not be willing to do business with a MBE address. AFARR
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 10:38:39 AM EDT
Here's the info from Subguns.com Read through all the posts carefully. In the SECOND link, find the threads that support him (give good references) and look carefully at their e-mails (strike you as similar?). I would e-mail some of the affected parties and see what kind of LEO contacts they have on the matter. I am sure they would LOVE to get their hands on a completed 4473 that has his correct info on it. [url]http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/inquiry.cgi?read=13962[/url] This is the link to read the good references: [url]http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/inquiry.cgi?read=13607[/url] [url]http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/inquiry.cgi?read=13175[/url]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:57:52 PM EDT
BTT So everyone has a chance to see this. AFARR
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 12:02:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 1:26:30 PM EDT
So who here lives in North Dallas? cpermd
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:10:37 AM EDT
Man I bet I saw him somewhere in the DFW gun show last weekend. Wish I jad known or had a picture. Too bad I am back in NM now also.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:36:29 AM EDT
North Texas checking in. Post names and info here.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:43:10 AM EDT
North Texas checking in, and I am a regular at the gunshows and ranges around here.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:36:05 AM EDT
What a POS! I hope he gets what he deserves....
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:35:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:34:56 PM EDT
My brother and I will be in Garland in two weeks If you can send me a name,phone number and address we will pay him a visit. This fucker has screwed a bunch of folks on several boards. Do not post any thing here.Just email straight to me. My baby brother is an LEO in a TX state dept. cpermd
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 9:51:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 11:29:31 AM EDT
I'll never understand why people take the risk of pissing off folks who have guns. I mean, that is just stupid. I'm not saying that anyone here would resort to violence over a few bucks (or even serious money), but if I were out to rip people off that would be the first thing on my mind. Say you take a guy for 1G. Well, let's say that same guy just lost his job (which seems to be happening a lot lately), has a failing marriage and is dealing with a little constipation...and happens to own a sweet piece of black steel. You might find a bullet in your head. That's not the kind of chance I'd be willing to take. Yes, I'm sure all of us here are responsible gun owners...but people do all kinds of crazy sh!t when they have serious problems. Ya know? Of course, being an honest person, I can't see why anyone would even want to engage in any rip-off game. Good luck to anyone who has delt with this slime.
Top Top