Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/27/2009 12:45:52 PM EDT
http://www.earthhour.org/home/

YOUR LIGHT SWITCH IS YOUR VOTE

This year, Earth Hour has been transformed into the world’s first global election, between Earth and global warming.

For the first time in history, people of all ages, nationalities, race and background have the opportunity to use their light switch as their vote – Switching off your lights is a vote for Earth, or leaving them on is a vote for global warming. WWF are urging the world to VOTE EARTH and reach the target of 1 billion votes, which will be presented to world leaders at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009.

This meeting will determine official government policies to take action against global warming, which will replace the Kyoto Protocol. It is the chance for the people of the world to make their voice heard.

Earth Hour began in Sydney in 2007, when 2.2 million homes and businesses switched off their lights for one hour. In 2008 the message had grown into a global sustainability movement, with 50 million people switching off their lights. Global landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, Rome’s Colosseum, the Sydney Opera House and the Coca Cola billboard in Times Square all stood in darkness.

In 2009, Earth Hour is being taken to the next level, with the goal of 1 billion people switching off their lights as part of a global vote. Unlike any election in history, it is not about what country you’re from, but instead, what planet you’re from. VOTE EARTH is a global call to action for every individual, every business, and every community. A call to stand up and take control over the future of our planet. Over 74 countries and territories have pledged their support to VOTE EARTH during Earth Hour 2009, and this number is growing everyday.

We all have a vote, and every single vote counts. Together we can take control of the future of our planet, for future generations.

VOTE EARTH by simply switching off your lights for one hour, and join the world for Earth Hour.

Saturday, March 28, 8:30-9:30pm.

I for one will make it a point to turn on every light in my house, as well as every TV, computer, the AC, and every car in the driveway to offset their stupidity.

Will you take this pledge with me, to use as much energy as possible tomorrow in the hopes that it makes one hippy shed a tear.

Fuck Al Gorleon, hippies and the libtard feel good assholes that organized this stupidity. They can kiss my ass. I WILL cast my vote tomorrow. And it will be a resounding FUCK YOU.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I usually put a pile of tires on to burn shortly before leaving for work.  I also crank the AC down to 62, leave the TV on for our pets, and keep my car idling in the parking lot so it's nice and cool for the commute home.  Oh, and my husband works in the same office complex but we each take our own vehicles.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I just took my 850 Watt, Quad Core 8GB Vista system out of "Power Save" mode and put it in "Performance" mode.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Somebody should burn freezers and refrigerators, thats right CFC foam burning, with freon release, and wasting some deisel totop it off, and while your at it start a good forrest fire.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Can I contribute to global warming by firing up my 125,000 btu Mr. Heater in the backyard.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Somebody should burn freezers and refrigerators, thats right CFC foam burning, with freon release, and wasting some deisel totop it off, and while your at it start a good forrest fire.

Now you're gettin it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to start a tire fire with gasoline while eating a Big Mac in the old stryofoam packing and kill a baby seal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Every light in house and shop will be on and all vehicles running.

I am maximizing my Carbon Foot Print.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder just how fast I can get my meter to spin?

it's gonna be fun!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Kill a baby seal... you animal.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I will light my house up  and send them a picture with christmas lights and all.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I do everything I can to save power.

My apartment has mostly CFLs –– we don't normally need heat or AC (open the windows or turn on a fan if you're hot, and put on a sweatshirt if you're cold).  Lights go off when we don't use them.  We don't watch a lot of TV...etc etc...heck, I even unplug things that aren't going to be used for long periods of time.

Why?
It isn't about saving the earth –– for me it is about saving money.  My power bill last month was $35.  Fuck no I'm not going to turn everything in my apartment on just to make a statement.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Sat from 8:30 - 9:30 huh. I better make sure the bulbs in all my security lights are good for the show of light in my yard tomorrow night.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I got a new one,
drive around with a whole bunch of molotov coctails and burn every hybrid car you see.
I swear I am not a pyro
ok, back to work
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Will you take this pledge with me ..............

You can count on me, sir.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#16]
is this eastern time or what?

I want to be sure I'm sicking my finger in their eye at the appropriate time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#17]
TV's, floods, overhead light, inside lights, workshop lights, if it has a filament or draws juice, it'll be running.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just took my 850 Watt, Quad Core 8GB Vista system out of "Power Save" mode and put it in "Performance" mode.

WHOA  -  Don't blow the lid off that thing!!

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm going to start a tire fire with gasoline while eating a Big Mac in the old stryofoam packing and kill a baby seal.

But what about doing something different for this Earth Hour thing? That's my normal lunch right there

Maybe I'll eat a baby seal while raping a tree (ouch?), then burn a windmill farm with gasoline and styrofoam while throwing Big Macs at prairie dogs
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#20]
OSHA and MN-OSHA won't let me turn of the lights in my work areas.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought I was gonna be the only one saying FUCK THAT SHIT.....im turning on all my shit during that hour.  

WTF is with the animated insurance chick who's whole commercial is about that shit....
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I thought I was gonna be the only one saying FUCK THAT SHIT.....im turning on all my shit during that hour.  

WTF is with the animated insurance chick who's whole commercial is about that shit....

E surance. Like I'm going to buy insurance from some animated emoretardchick who fights make believe monsters.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
E surance. Like I'm going to buy insurance from some animated emoretardchick who fights make believe monsters.

She's not even that hot.

What?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I guess I could burn some old tires and dump some motor oil down the storm drain.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#25]
So let me get this straight?  They turned out the lights on the fucking roadways in some dipshit cities to 'vote for earth'?

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Another feel good shitty idea
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Pardon me, I have to go dump some toxic waste into the Potomac..
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I usually put a pile of tires on to burn shortly before leaving for work.  I also crank the AC down to 62, leave the TV on for our pets, and keep my car idling in the parking lot so it's nice and cool for the commute home.  Oh, and my husband works in the same office complex but we each take our own vehicles.

Ma'am, you rock.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#29]
So in.

Depending on if it's hot or cold tomorrow, I'm turning up the heat or A.C. and opening all the doors and windows in my house.

I'm going to not only have turned on every light switch in the house, but make it a point to replace any burned out bulbs before hand.  I'm also going to restring my Christmas lights and turn them all on.

For the hour, I'm opening up my refrigerator and freezer doors.  

I have two brass tumblers which will both be turned on with no brass inside.  There is a mini-fridge in my garage from college.  I will hook it back up for the first time in 5 years.

When my wife and I go to town tomorrow, I'll make her drive a separate car.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm cranking up my generator for extra juice.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#31]
every thing I own will be turned on. hell I might even let the water just run
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Come on guys, as a photographer I look forward to getting some good shots with less light pollution during earth hour.  Gimme a break!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#33]
That reminds me.gotta go get my fire permit tomorrow AM.and have a big bon fire!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Every light in house and shop will be on and all vehicles running.

I am maximizing my Carbon Foot Print.

I don't know if I'm going to maximize it, but I'll turn on my big LCD TV.

Fuck Barack Obama.

Oh, yeah.  Maybe I'll fire up all my quartz lights and point them straight fucking up.

J
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I will be emptying several cans of aerosol spray into the sky in honor of Earth Hour. For everybody else, here's an old but very good article on the Myth of Global Warming.

"What If All The Ice Melts?" Myths and Realities

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#36]
My band's playing tomorrow night; we'll have about 6500W going so I think we're covered.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I guess I could burn some old tires and dump some motor oil down the storm drain.

Burn some tires like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVEBX5QxmyQ

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll do my part and crank up the old 53' chevy and let it burn some oil and leaded gas for a few hours.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Burn some tires like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVEBX5QxmyQ

He'll need a new set of tires after that.

Probably should burn the old ones to save the $5/tire recycling fee.

John
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:38:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll be sure to turn my oven on with the door open, and fire up the A/C.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Instead of all this touchy feely nonsense maybe the eco-wackos should spend their time ACTUALLY PROVING human caused global warming.  Because as of now there is no PROOF.  Until them all those watermelons can fuck off.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#42]
You will be able to see my house from the International Space Station.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
http://www.earthhour.org/home/

YOUR LIGHT SWITCH IS YOUR VOTE

This year, Earth Hour has been transformed into the world’s first global election, between Earth and global warming.

For the first time in history, people of all ages, nationalities, race and background have the opportunity to use their light switch as their vote – Switching off your lights is a vote for Earth, or leaving them on is a vote for global warming. WWF are urging the world to VOTE EARTH and reach the target of 1 billion votes, which will be presented to world leaders at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009.

This meeting will determine official government policies to take action against global warming, which will replace the Kyoto Protocol. It is the chance for the people of the world to make their voice heard.

Earth Hour began in Sydney in 2007, when 2.2 million homes and businesses switched off their lights for one hour. In 2008 the message had grown into a global sustainability movement, with 50 million people switching off their lights. Global landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, Rome’s Colosseum, the Sydney Opera House and the Coca Cola billboard in Times Square all stood in darkness.

In 2009, Earth Hour is being taken to the next level, with the goal of 1 billion people switching off their lights as part of a global vote. Unlike any election in history, it is not about what country you’re from, but instead, what planet you’re from. VOTE EARTH is a global call to action for every individual, every business, and every community. A call to stand up and take control over the future of our planet. Over 74 countries and territories have pledged their support to VOTE EARTH during Earth Hour 2009, and this number is growing everyday.

We all have a vote, and every single vote counts. Together we can take control of the future of our planet, for future generations.

VOTE EARTH by simply switching off your lights for one hour, and join the world for Earth Hour.

Saturday, March 28, 8:30-9:30pm.

I for one will make it a point to turn on every light in my house, as well as every TV, computer, the AC, and every car in the driveway to offset their stupidity.

Will you take this pledge with me, to use as much energy as possible tomorrow in the hopes that it makes one hippy shed a tear.

Fuck Al Gorleon, hippies and the libtard feel good assholes that organized this stupidity. They can kiss my ass. I WILL cast my vote tomorrow. And it will be a resounding FUCK YOU.

This is pretty much exactly what I said to my wife after hearing someone talking about this on television a couple of weeks ago.

I am usually the guy that is always adjusting the thermostat/lights/etc. to save energy but, fuck, do I hate these greenie asshats.

Sign me up...

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#44]
I can understand the backlash against the global warming farce, but there is nothing wrong with conservation.

Using less energy is a good thing.  It lowers costs in the short and long term.

We sort of look silly claiming we want to use as much energy as possible, regardless of the reason.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I do everything I can to save power.

My apartment has mostly CFLs –– we don't normally need heat or AC (open the windows or turn on a fan if you're hot, and put on a sweatshirt if you're cold).  Lights go off when we don't use them.  We don't watch a lot of TV...etc etc...heck, I even unplug things that aren't going to be used for long periods of time.

Why?
It isn't about saving the earth –– for me it is about saving money.  My power bill last month was $35.  Fuck no I'm not going to turn everything in my apartment on just to make a statement.

Dude, it's only for an hour.  Your electric bill might be an extra 50 cents or something, geez.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'll do my part and crank up the old 53' chevy and let it burn some oil and leaded gas for a few hours.

Can you still buy leaded gas?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

So now it only freezes every 15 minutes instead of every five?

<––––- Recent Mac convert. Come to the light!

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#50]
I think I'll change the oil in my truck and all of my tractors,  then dump it on top of my trash (containing aerosol cans), light it all up, and snack on deer jerkey while watching TV from outside with my kerosene salamander heater going right beside me. That should do it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top