Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2001 4:25:29 PM EDT
I see these things advertised several places and they are all over the place price wise.  CDNN has them for $60. ad states OEM Unsurpassed quality spring and buffer included.  I've seen ads in SGN for these things as high as $120.  Is there a difference?
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
OEM according to what manufacturer?

My Colt 4pos is plastic and I paid about $100.00 for it.

I think there is also a M4 stock that has maybe 6 positions?  Not sure.

I was told that the M4 shorty stock comes with a heavier duty buffer.

I just saw the picture on their website and it looks like the plastic one.  The buffer looks like a factory Colt or Bushy type.

Maybe it's a Colt, but how could they get the price down that low?
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#2]
i don't know didley about them.  I have seen some that are aluminum I think but they were usually cheaper than the plasctic.  $60 seems like a good deal to me but I'd like to know what the differences are so I can call and ask CDNN the right questions.
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have seen some that are aluminum I think but they were usually cheaper than the plasctic.
View Quote

The aluminum stock are usually more expensive,  they rattle, they weigh more than their plastic counterparts, and they are cold to your face in cooler weather.  I bought mine from aluminum CAR from Bushmaster a fews back.  I haven't seen them carry it recently.

The stock are available in 2, 3, & 4 positions.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]
So 40 some folks read this and nobody has any other opinion on the difference between the $120. stock and the $60. stock.  I'll just work on the assumtion that the $120. must be gold plated then and get the $60. one [:)]
Link Posted: 3/13/2001 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
The $100+ one is the Colt, same as the GI M4 (Colt 767) and it is plastic. It comes with the heavier buffer that has an "H" marked on the face where the carrier hits it (not needed in semis but won't hurt to have it), and a castle type nut instead of a spanner nut. The $60-$70 one is the new aftermarket type (made by RR I think - Gunsmoke in Fla has them 4 a good price), these now have 6 positions. They are different looking than the Colt/GI, are a tad longer and have a slant to the butt and a lower sling swivel like the standard A2 stock. I think they are slightly more functional. I don't like the aluminum ones for the reasons already stated. Have fun. [sniper]
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info RW and timeport.

I called CDNN.  They did not know the mfg but the stock is plastic.  The tube where the spring is, is aluminum though.  I suspect this is the aftermarket stock RW described.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top