Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/25/2002 9:13:12 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:21:31 PM EST
Smooth, real smooth.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:29:15 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:30:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/25/2002 9:31:34 PM EST by Badseed]
:sniff: [red][redeyes][/red] What? [red][/redeyes][/red] - I can talk alot; really fast... and, did I ever tell you about...hey, what's that over there?
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:31:38 PM EST
Bass Player for "the Who". 58 yoa (iirc) at time of death.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:31:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:34:11 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:36:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By tattoo:
Originally Posted By DrFrige:
Originally Posted By tattoo: who is John Entwistle?????????
View Quote
WAS the bass player for "The Who"
View Quote
ahh ok sorry that was before my time
View Quote
Next you'll be askin' if Paul McCartney was in another group before "wings"......[;D]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:42:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/25/2002 9:44:18 PM EST by Badseed]
Originally Posted By tattoo: Next you'll be askin' if Paul McCartney was in another group before "wings"......[;D]
View Quote
No, I think his new band is [b]"feet!'[/b] ...but it's only a re-production anyway.[flame] (sorry if my heartless joke offended any amputees that may dwell here.)
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:46:15 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:48:45 PM EST
Their music was pretty good. BUT... He frigging deserved it ! 'Ya play with drugs and 'ya die. (hey -- a new song idea!)
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:55:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/25/2002 9:57:29 PM EST by DrFrige]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:02:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By Badseed: (sorry if my heartless joke offended any amputees that may dwell here.)
View Quote
Why I swear that if I had fingers why I would curl them into a fist and punch you in the head. Bad enough I have to type with my nose you ... you ... ah ah ah...CHOOOOopas hdfhasfasbdadfo. Oh excuse me...sneezed. [b]OH and BTW according to the "FORUMS CONDUCT CODE" I must inform you that the threat I just made was not real and just a joke.[/b]
View Quote
Oh crap... Fridge.. man. I was trolling for lamos. Sorry if you lack the phillanges. Hmm, after reading the conduct code.. I should excuse myself on several counts [:P]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:51:49 PM EST
A rock star dying from drug use? Now I've heard everything! BTW, director Ted Demme who died this year (his last movie was Blow) probably died for the same reason.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:38:02 AM EST
Got money that says the WHO won't be doing this tune anymore. I hope I die before I get old...talkin bout my generation...
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:45:46 AM EST
Originally Posted By raven: A rock star dying from drug use? Now I've heard everything! BTW, director Ted Demme who died this year (his last movie was Blow) probably died for the same reason.
View Quote
Do rock stars die from natural causes? It always seems to be drugs, or a transportation related accident. It's part of the job.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:48:07 AM EST
Originally Posted By talbalos: Do rock stars die from natural causes? It always seems to be drugs, or a transportation related accident. It's part of the job.
View Quote
Joey Ramone died of prostate cancer. So did Frank Zappa (if you can call him a "rock" star).
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:01:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By talbalos:
Originally Posted By raven: A rock star dying from drug use? Now I've heard everything! BTW, director Ted Demme who died this year (his last movie was Blow) probably died for the same reason.
View Quote
Do rock stars die from natural causes? It always seems to be drugs, or a transportation related accident. It's part of the job.
View Quote
Should drugs surprise anyone? Lets see who else died because of drug related deaths. Jim Morrison of the Doors, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and a bunch of others that I can't think of at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:56:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 8:58:18 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:07:30 AM EST
Originally Posted By warlord: Lets see who else died because of drug related deaths. Jim Morrison of the Doors, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and a bunch of others that I can't think of at the moment.
View Quote
[b]JIM MORRISON IS DEAD???????????[/b] OH Great next you will be telling me Elvis is gone too!
View Quote
Morrison, Hendrix, Joplin, now that's a loss, but Elvis. shit they gave him rank just so his uniform would look good.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 9:40:07 PM EST
"I almost saw Elvis once...then my shovel broke..."
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 9:50:12 PM EST
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
Damn it I'm really gettin OLD!!![>(]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 7:25:38 AM EST
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
You are kidding, right? "your time"???? What is it with these teens and 20-somethings who refer to Rock as "old mans music"? That really frosts me..the record companies went and killed the whole rock genre about ten years ago, and theres almost nothing new worth listening to anymore. I blame it all on the switch from LP's to CD's. I got a LOT of my musical interests listening to older LP's while LP's were still around and the format was alive. , in my mindSure, CD's are great, but the younger kids during the switch over stopped listening to older stuff that wasn't already on CD's ...they stopped listening to older siblings music, essentially. After a few years it was too late by the time a lot of the older stuff finally made it to CD. THe younger listeners had already moved on to the newer musical stuff. I dont know what I'll listen to anymore once what they refer to now as "legacy" acts all retire.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 7:32:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By DrFrige: Well I heard it on the radio today and they said that Las Vegas Medical Examiner released the report that John Entwistle died of a heart attack due to an overdose of cocaine. Good going John. [rolleyes]
View Quote
A member of the rock 'n roll band called the Who takes drugs? Ahhh ca'mon. Who'd 'da thunk it? "...hope I die before I get old."
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:01:54 AM EST
Originally Posted By tcsd1236:
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
You are kidding, right? "your time"???? What is it with these teens and 20-somethings who refer to Rock as "old mans music"? That really frosts me..the record companies went and killed the whole rock genre about ten years ago, and theres almost nothing new worth listening to anymore. I blame it all on the switch from LP's to CD's. I got a LOT of my musical interests listening to older LP's while LP's were still around and the format was alive. , in my mindSure, CD's are great, but the younger kids during the switch over stopped listening to older stuff that wasn't already on CD's ...they stopped listening to older siblings music, essentially. After a few years it was too late by the time a lot of the older stuff finally made it to CD. THe younger listeners had already moved on to the newer musical stuff. I dont know what I'll listen to anymore once what they refer to now as "legacy" acts all retire.
View Quote
Can't say that about all young people, in a conversation with my high school nieghbor, he has actually heard about Black Sabbath and the LP Paranoid. Blew me away.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:36:04 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:40:52 AM EST
Top Top