Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/23/2005 3:44:30 PM EDT
www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/23/D8CPU38G8.html

School Expels Girl for Having Gay Parents
Sep 23 7:05 AM US/Eastern

ONTARIO, Calif.

A 14-year-old student was expelled from a Christian school because her parents are lesbians, the school's superintendent said in a letter.

Shay Clark was expelled from Ontario Christian School on Thursday.

"Your family does not meet the policies of admission," Superintendent Leonard Stob wrote to Tina Clark, the girl's biological mother.

Stob wrote that school policy requires that at least one parent may not engage in practices "immoral or inconsistent with a positive Christian life style, such as cohabitating without marriage or in a homosexual relationship," The Los Angeles Times reported in Friday's edition.

Stob could not be reached for comment by the newspaper. Shay and her parents said they won't fight the ruling.

School administrators learned of the parents' relationship this week after Shay was reprimanded for talking to the crowd during a football game, Tina Clark said.

Clark and her partner have been together 22 years and have two other daughters, ages 9 and 19.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:50:34 PM EDT
Ehh.. Its a private school. They can do as they like.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:51:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SO-COM:

+1.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:58:12 PM EDT
Yes the school is within its rights. But that's not a very Christian way to treat a child, who had absolutely no role in choosing her parents or the circumstances of her birth.

That's the kind of attitude that helped me find my spirituality outside of organized religion.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:04:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By California_Kid:
Yes the school is within its rights. But that's not a very Christian way to treat a child, who had absolutely no role in choosing her parents or the circumstances of her birth.

That's the kind of attitude that helped me find my spirituality outside of organized religion.

+1

I don't recall anywhere in the Bible where it's said Jesus said "You're not good enough to associate with me." He always said "I forgive you. Go and sin no more." And that is the true Christian attitude anyone calling themselves Christians should have. IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:09:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 4:09:40 PM EDT by SO-COM]

But that's not a very Christian way to treat a child, who had absolutely no role in choosing her parents or the circumstances of her birth.

True. They should lead by example and be truley tolerant. Afterall, god will pass his judgement on everyone -- including his believers.

The thing is, that article leaves out that it is not a public school in what could be an insinuation that her rights were violated. Which is why I posted that...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:12:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:

+1

I don't recall anywhere in the Bible where it's said Jesus said "You're not good enough to associate with me." He always said "I forgive you. Go and sin no more." And that is the true Christian attitude anyone calling themselves Christians should have. IMHO.

Perhaps the school said "stay with us and sin no more" to the "couple" and they they said F. You.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:15:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 4:26:43 PM EDT by JHMC79]

Originally Posted By WooDy_the_infidel:

ONTARIO, Calif.

A 14-year-old student was expelled from a Christian school because her parents are lesbians, the school's superintendent said in a letter.

"Your family does not meet the policies of admission," Superintendent Leonard Stob wrote to Tina Clark, the girl's biological mother.

Stob wrote that school policy requires that at least one parent may not engage in practices "immoral or inconsistent with a positive Christian life style, such as cohabitating without marriage or in a homosexual relationship," The Los Angeles Times reported in Friday's edition.

Stob could not be reached for comment by the newspaper. Shay and her parents said they won't fight the ruling.

School administrators learned of the parents' relationship this week after Shay was reprimanded for talking to the crowd during a football game, Tina Clark said.

Clark and her partner have been together 22 years and have two other daughters, ages 9 and 19.

Perhaps the government of California should kick in the door of the school with machine guns drawn (Elian Gonzales style) and make this private school accept everyone; Gay's, Muslims, Pedophiles, and juvenile deliquents. Then, when these student's parents decide they don't want their kids learning about Christianity any longer, they can have the government make them stop teaching about Jesus.

Or perhaps we can see this for what it is, a private school following its own policies.

ETA: If you don't care for the school's policies, don't send your children there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:22:44 PM EDT

the school is in the right...i wonder how this even made the news, its just nothing made into 'something' (sort of)

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:26:04 PM EDT
Private school, Private school rules...Good Call
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:29:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TacticalMan:

+1

Perhaps the school said "stay with us and sin no more" to the "couple" and they they said F. You.

That's very possible too.

However, I've known my share of very devout Christians who would be proud to judge gay people as unworthy of God's love. My own dad included.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:32:49 PM EDT
That's pretty sorry. The parents aren't going to the school, the child is. And, she doesn't have any choice in her parents.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:34:01 PM EDT
Chalk another one up for tolerance and Khristian values!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:34:31 PM EDT
First it's CANADA,, but the child is innocennt,,2nd the school should've never admitted the girl ,it had to know from enrollment ,,,if it was in the US I'd bet they'd sue.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:35:52 PM EDT
how christian of them... as if the kid has any control over her parents.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:42:20 PM EDT
i hate homos and there children.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:43:13 PM EDT

ONTARIO, Calif.

how the fuck did they "have" those?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:44:24 PM EDT
Together for 22 years and have kids 9, 14 and 19 years old? Somebodys been jumping the fence!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:45:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zaphod:

Originally Posted By SO-COM:

+1.

+1

Punishing the girl for her parents is just as bad as forcing a gay agenda on kids in public school but still going with my +1.

I honestly don't know why lesbians would send their kid to a school that will teach them their parents are going to burn in hell but it wouldn't be the first time lesbians did something that made no fucking sense.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:45:21 PM EDT
While I don't agree with the rule, I do respect the rights of the private school as well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:46:38 PM EDT
It's a private school. Private means it has the right to refuse whomever they want for whatever reason they want. That is freedom.

I got to rant here.

Why don't these special intrest groups start their own private school, organizations, ect. themselves. Instead they sue. Like they sued the BSA.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:47:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By h2o2gunr:

Well DU.com is thataway. ------------------------------------------->

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:48:12 PM EDT
Your family does not meet the policies of admission.

School administrators learned of the parents' relationship this week after Shay was reprimanded for talking to the crowd during a football game.

They might have over looked the lesbian parents but the girl is a loud mouth.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:48:41 PM EDT

You also seem to have something against proper spelling and capitalization as well

Learn to speak the language prior to insulting people with it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:49:06 PM EDT
Actually it's California. They make Maglights there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:54:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:

It looks like www.DU.com is a site for travel, gifts, and finance.

hmmmmm???????????
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:58:16 PM EDT
Private school, private rules, but I'd be glad to spend a day praying and counseling with the administrators. They might have good reasons (as a private institution) for saying "Only one mommy per open house," but I'd hate to have to explain to God why I denied a child a Christian education - especially if I shared the school's views on the dangers of her home life.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:01:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JPC:
First it's CANADA,, but the child is innocennt,,2nd the school should've never admitted the girl ,it had to know from enrollment ,,,if it was in the US I'd bet they'd sue.

did no one catch this idiot? Was he trying to be clever or just stupid? It's in Ontario . . . CALIFORNIA!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:07:23 PM EDT
Stupid kommiefornia, naming one of its cities after a Canadian province.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:08:02 PM EDT
ahh at last a chance to use some of my new material.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:18:38 PM EDT
Just because the poor kids parents came from Lesbia?

Which part of Lesbia?

I'm County Clare Irish.

What's the difference?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:46:32 PM EDT

Since Ontario Christian is one of the few schools that my sons school beat all three years he played football, I'ld have to say that they don't fall into the category of "organized"
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:58:41 PM EDT

PDNFOTTBSPWAT!

Originally Posted By Fourays2:

<snippage>

how the fuck did they "have" those?

Never heard of Turkey basters, eh?

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Together for 22 years and have kids 9, 14 and 19 years old? Somebodys been jumping the fence!

Possible, but, IMO, more likely one has an open-minded brother who donated HIS "seed" and they bought a brand new Tyurkey baster and ..... of course, 3 daughters... maybe artificial insemination w/the "Y" sperms "segregated".... as 3 daughters are unlikely (NOT "impossible" - but unlikely) w/the Turkey baster route.

Originally Posted By piccolo:
Just because the poor kids parents came from Lesbia?

Which part of Lesbia Lesbos?

I'm County Clare Irish.

What's the difference?

Fixed it for ya ;) Nice try though!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:20:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:
I honestly don't know why lesbians would send their kid to a school that will teach them their parents are going to burn in hell but it wouldn't be the first time lesbians did something that made no fucking sense.

I would imagine they sent their daughter to a Christian school for the same reason that some Jewish families in my area send their kids to the local Catholic parochial school. They get a better education and have more control over their kids education then if they went to public schools.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:28:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MachinegunManiac:
Stupid kommiefornia, naming one of its cities after a Canadian province.

Good one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:55:51 PM EDT

+1

You're right.
Go forth and SIN NO MORE.
Not, "Hey, it's all good. It's just a lifestyle choice. Go forth and do as you please."
People always forget the problem with homosexuals isn't that they sin, it's that they sin and refuse to repent.
Top Top