Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/4/2012 6:10:27 AM EDT
This is the GOP , this is the Republican party.

to permanently ban many semi-automatic firearms.  "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense,” Romney said in 2004. "They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”2

Romney also spoke in favor of the Brady law’s five day waiting period on handguns.  The Boston Herald quotes Romney saying, "I don’t think (the waiting period) will have a massive effect on crime but I think it will have a positive effect.”

State mandated health care...........

Stuff like this is not important. Romney MOST LIKELY win NH then go on to win SC  

This is our guy ARFCOM  . This is what the GOP is. This is the face of the Republican Party.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:15:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Sarcastic post is sarcastic.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:17:09 AM EDT
[#2]
again?

Havent we had this conversation like 200 times now?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

"These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense,” Romney said in 2004. "They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people

I've said since the beginning that Romney was our biggest threat this year.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:19:20 AM EDT
[#4]
At least Ron Paul lost!!

My big government politician is better than your big government politician!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:19:34 AM EDT
[#5]
And everyone here will vote for him in November and we will be told to hold our noses like McCain.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:19:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Romney has won and we have lost.

The best we can hope for is for Congress to hold the lines.

It's scary to think that the last semi-pro gun President that we might ever see in our lives was George W. Bush.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:19:49 AM EDT
[#7]
The Paulbot butthurt is strong this morning.

Sure, I'm concerned about his stance. But I also believe that the strength of the NRA and a nation of gun owners will prevail over the past actions in a small, liberal state.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And everyone here will vote for him in November and we will be told to hold our noses like McCain.

McCain was against the assault weapons ban and voted as such.

McCain was against the Brady Bill and voted as such.

I will not vote for Mitt Romney.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:21:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I am not a Republican.

I am a conservative.

Fuck Romney.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:21:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

...The best we can hope for is for Congress to hold the lines....

Yeah, those Republicans are so good at that when there's a Republican president.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:22:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

McCain tried to close the "gunshow loophole".  He even authored a gun control bill named after himself to do it.

eta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1c4Ko2KvEw
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:23:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Paulbot butthurt is strong this morning.

Sure, I'm concerned about his stance. But I also believe that the strength of the NRA and a nation of gun owners will prevail over the past actions in a small, liberal state.

Wow. Paulbot and butthurt in the same sentence. Successive no less.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:23:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
again?

Havent we had this conversation like 200 times now?

It would seem to me that we had this conversation to few times.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:23:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Romney isn't arfcom's choice.  The Republican ticket is arfcom's choice.  Romney is the media's choice.  The confluence of the two is why he could win.  The only disagreement I see to Romney criticism on here is when the criticism is combined with an alternative that is considered by many to be unelectable.  So far it looks like you can criticize anyone but Ron Paul without much argument, and Ron Paul supporters will argue with that criticism.

What arfcom really lashes out at is saying that you won't vote for the R ticket if Romney is on it.  The hive doesn't really seem to care who is on that ticket, and long as it has a chance of removing the D from office.

Just the way I see it, and I'm not arguing whether the sentiment is right or wrong, just observing what I see in the small sample of threads I read on the subject.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
At least Ron Paul lost!!

My big government politician is better than your big government politician!!

I'm a Paul supporter, and I and VERY pleased with his 3rd place finish. Hell, look at how close the top three are. It is still anyone's game.

My Small government guy is still in it to win it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:26:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No, we won't.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:26:54 AM EDT
[#17]
LMAO
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:28:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

...The best we can hope for is for Congress to hold the lines....

Yeah, those Republicans are so good at that when there's a Republican president.

I think most gun bans that have taken place under republican presidents have been EO's by George H.W. Bush.

If your talking about the 86 MG ban....  Gongress did not vote for that ban..   It was a sham.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:29:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Romney might be your guy but he is NOT mine. The jackass has been campaigning for president since before the last election and can only pull 25% of the vote in Iowa. Did he even exceed the number of votes he got there in 2008? What does that tell you? Enjoy your shit sandwich once again and thank the GOP for putting another loser on the ballot.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

to permanently ban many semi-automatic firearms.  "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense,” Romney said in 2004. "They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”2
Romney also spoke in favor of the Brady law’s five day waiting period on handguns.  The Boston Herald quotes Romney saying, "I don’t think (the waiting period) will have a massive effect on crime but I think it will have a positive effect.”

Stuff like this is not important. Romney MOST LIKELY win NH then go on to win SC  

This is our guy ARFCOM  . This is what the GOP is. This is the face of the Republican Party.

This is proof that the two party system is broken. Time to add a third...
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll never vote for Romney

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#22]
And to think it was just 3 years ago that GD was screaming for a boycott of Robinson Arms because of his support of romney over shitstain.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:35:48 AM EDT
[#23]
I am no Romney fan, but there are 2 things to consider in Nov, 2012.

1.) Romney is much more likely to nominate at least moderate (if not conservative) justices to the Supreme Court (and district courts for that matter).
2.) Romney is demonstrably much more fiscally conservative and wise about finances than Obama.

Those 2 issues alone are powerful arguing points to not vote third party and hold the nose...

A good conservative congress will hopefully hold the line on the other issues with which Romney is not aligned with our belief systems.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:37:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Ohh but ARFCOM can bash the shit out of Ron Paul for far less! Fuck Romney, bash the shit out of that RINO he is fair game.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:39:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nope. I won't vote for him. I actually consider Obama less dangerous than Romney.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm confused.......

Why did you only use one parenthesis in your thread title and why didn't you capitalize the whole thing???

Doesn't make any fucking sense at all.  I vote to lock the thread.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Fuck Romney!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:40:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. I won't vote for him. I actually consider Obama less dangerous than Romney.

With a Republican controlled congress, we'd have deadlock. I'd prefer deadlock than anything Romney might do.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:41:15 AM EDT
[#29]
All I know is this, This Republic cannot survive four more years of Obama. We can't survive Obamacare or any more of his SCOTUS appointments. We cannot survive his spending, his absence of leadership, his appeasement of our enemies, his hostility toward our military, and his willingness to happily preside over an America in decline. If we get Zero for another term, it will fundamentally change the relationship between The People and Government forever.

Forever!

I'm no Romney fan, but if he's the one left standing to run against this madness, he will get my vote, because that's all I got. If any of us can look at the headlines and think we can still afford to be idealists, then you're just not paying attention. We are in a real crisis folks and we had better wake up to that fact.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:44:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Don't worry guys....

Romney is IN the NRA now.

Hahahaha.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:46:42 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Fuck Romney!

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:48:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

DU troll is troll...
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

And to think it was just 3 years ago that GD was screaming for a boycott of Robinson Arms because of his support of romney over shitstain.

I remember that well.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Cool story bro

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:52:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

1994 Senate roll call vote on HR 3355  "AWB".
McCain (R-AZ), Yea
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:53:08 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't really like any of these guys, but we need someone who isn't Obama or Romney, IMO.  Be it Gingrich or Paul or Santorum or Bachman or Huntsman.  It's the best we're going to get this election.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

McCain tried to close the "gunshow loophole". He even authored a gun control bill named after himself to do it.

eta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1c4Ko2KvEw

McCain was a populist.  I wouldn't even call him a Republican, let alone a conservative.

The mood of the country is different now.

It was war weariness that caused the dem takeover.  The media hammered GWB every day for years and the sheeple swallowed it.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:56:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is proof that the two party system is broken. Time to add a third...

HERP DERP.

So we can have government like MEXICO!!! Yeah!!  With all parties hating each other, yet making alliances that hurt no one but the citizens.

Instead of putting so much energy into a third party that would take a couple decades to be viable, (and GUARANTEE Democrat rule for at least 10-15 years) put the same energy into getting GOOD republicans in lower offices and push out the big government types over the course of a few elections.  Two parties is the only way to actually affect change to anything, and we need change BACK.  A third party would ruin hope of any return to small government for years.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's scary to think that the last semi-pro gun President that we might ever see in our lives was George W. Bush.

Wrong. Romney is the last anti-gun Republican we will ever see. If you notice, he has reversed his official stance on firearms since 2008. He certainly own't push for any gun control legislation. Even Obama hasn't done that. Are you totally blinded by paranoia and cannot see the enormous victories the pro-gun side has won in the past 15 years?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Exactly so what if he would sign a gun ban or appoint a supreme court justice that would trash the second amendment who cares . he is better than Obama because Fox new said he was . I don't know how . and I couldn't tell you what the difference from Romney to Obama is but Fox says he's better and that's good enough for
me .

Americans don't need guns ..we need Romney it's the lesser of two evils
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:02:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember that well.

<––-does not forget 2A issues easily.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:02:24 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With a Republican controlled congress, we'd have deadlock. I'd prefer deadlock than anything Romney might do.
No, sorry. The executive branch has terrible power to fuck things up all by their lonesome.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'll never vote for Romney

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

+100,000,000
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:03:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck Romney!

O.k. I will use my big people words...

He doesn't support the Constitution and has actively sought to defile it's edicts. As I said in another thread I am just tired of compromising. We all have to compromise a little but I just can't make the leap so far across to Romney.

The quote in your first post seals the deal for me.

Furthermore I am convinced that if Romney gets the nomination that Obama will win. I am a libertarian so naturally I like a lot of what Paul has to say, and I am not alone. A guy who thinks the Constitution means what it says, what an idea.

Now I don't agree with all that Paul thinks, Isolationism isn't going to work in 2012 but we could definitely scale back on some of the bullshit.

If there was a good fiscally conservative candidate that believed in the Constitution I could get behind them regardless of party.

Honestly at this point I am just praying for West in 2016. Of course by the time that gets here I am sure he will burn his chances somehow like they all do.

Shit I am just disheartened and depressed by the whole thing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:08:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not me. I'll vote third party or not vote the presidential election. I don't see any difference between (D)Obama and (R)Obama. If anything, I think the Republican version will do even more damage. And I do not think that (R)Obama will save The Supreme Court from tilting left. I believe (R)Obama's nominations would be the same as his healthcare bill and his comments on gun rights. He will go straight left.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:12:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong. Romney is the last anti-gun Republican we will ever see. If you notice, he has reversed his official stance on firearms since 2008. He certainly own't push for any gun control legislation. Even Obama hasn't done that. Are you totally blinded by paranoia and cannot see the enormous victories the pro-gun side has won in the past 15 years?

We haven't won anything, We are simply defending what we had. WE ARE LOSING GROUND!  Maybe you don't see it with your blinders on but little by little the progressive anti-gunners are nibbling away at our god given rights(Firearms and others).

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:15:18 AM EDT
[#47]
The uneducated masses come out of the woodwork whenever anything political hits the hot plate here.

They just look to see what the other guys they tend to align with posted and blindly follow suit.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I am not a Republican.

I am a conservative.

Fuck Romney.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Romney is a step in the wrong direction. He makes me feel like as soon as he is elected he will peel his human skin and show himself as the SNAKE Bastard he really is.......I feel creepy inside about that guy
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:28:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top