Posted: 9/14/2004 10:29:13 AM EDT
guns!!!!!

Chuck
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#1]
agntsa
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey! For some idiots here to them "A rifle is a rifle"  Get it?

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like someone is trying to justify the $1400 price tag on their 11 year old Oly frankengun.  

I don't look at the left side of the mag well when I'm pulling the trigger.  To some folks a prancing pony means the world, to me it is nothing more then another AR, and it's value is only dependent on it's condition.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Some states still have bans in which the pre/postban rules apply and they can have all the evil features if the gun is a pre1994ban gun.  There will still be a demand for pre1994ban items, but that demand has reduced greatly, and with a relatively constant supply, you price will drop - there is no way around that.  If you expect to get $1600 or more for one, you may get it, but you will likely have to wait MUCH LONGER for the right customer to come and buy it.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Comparing firearms to cars is apples to oranges that is not a fair comparison, how ever i do hear what you are saying, right now the market has to settle on a price. In a free state you pre-ban gun barring any colletablity (the fact that it is a former preban means nothing in a now free state) is just a 10 year old or older gun and will be worth less than a new one, however your preban gun will retain some value in a non free state i.e NY that value depends on a few factors, but if i lived in a free state and i don't i'm a NY'r, I would trade my preban for a new bushmaster + $100-$200 i think that is reasonable. but it is not up to me.

It depends on how many free state guys want to trade their old guns for new ones + SOME CASH, its win win win  I don't get how people are complaining about loosing any thing.

Trade me your preban for a brand new one gun, AND i'll give you $100-$200- all you did was get a brand new gun and some cash for the, WTF?  your retarded if you don't do it.

If you have a colt i'll buy you a colt if you have a bushy i'll buy you a bushy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sounds like someone is trying to justify the $1400 price tag on their 11 year old Oly frankengun.  

I don't look at the left side of the mag well when I'm pulling the trigger.  To some folks a prancing pony means the world, to me it is nothing more then another AR, and it's value is only dependent on it's condition.  

Oookay...Would you sell me your Pre 94 Colt 6520 Green Label for $800.00?

I'll pay you $50.00 more...Hmmm?  A rifle is just a rifle right?

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't think that Colt is a better product. I sold my Colt prebans and bought new Bushmasters. The Bushmaster is the superior product.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#9]
shotar,

Where can you buy a Colt AR-15 with all the previously banned features for $900.

Chuck
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I don't think that Colt is a better product. I sold my Colt prebans and bought new Bushmasters. The Bushmaster is the superior product.  

And I sold both my Colt and Bushie's for a RRA.  Just as good and almost 1/2 the price.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#14]
what I paid!!

Chuck
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#15]
WOW!!! Open up the:

LMAO!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#16]
BTW i have a bushy lower brandy new looking to trade it for a preban (with raised fencing) +A few dollors.

IM ME
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To me, yes, a rifle IS just a rifle.  I find the Colt product to be overpriced when compared to other manufacturers.  To me, that green label Colt is worth NO MORE then what I can buy a Sunset Bushmaster/Armalite/RRA rifle with the same features for, and worth LESS unless it is NIB.  The prancing pony on the side does nothing for me, for others it means the world.  To each his own, but to me the Colt is NOT worth the extra $$$.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#18]
A Colt will always be worth more than an Oly/DPMS/PWA ect.

A Colt Sporter will always be worth more than a Colt Match target.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

They maybe worth a bit more due to collector value, but if you're a shooter, they are all the same. The problem is that some of the Colts do not push-pin take-down like that in the M16s and the rest of the industry. Also some of the Colts(in an effort to apease the anti-gunners) have different diameter tirgger and sear pins.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I agree but make another point...It's value is also what someone is willing to pay for it!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#21]
OK them how much is a Colt SP1 Sporter with a sear block. I know a guy who has a full size one and doesnt know its value....it's sitting in a pawn shop.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
shotar,

Where can you buy a Colt AR-15 with all the previously banned features for $900.

Chuck

I bought a Govy Carbine AR15A2 LE with all evil features yesterday for $850 plus sales tax. Just have to look.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#23]
If so, I will buy it now!!!

Chuck
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
shotar,

Chuck

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=221967

Technically those would be closer to $1000.00 before you throw any transfer fee, S&H etc. on them.

But who's counting an extra hundred or so?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

To me, yes, a rifle IS just a rifle.  I find the Colt product to be overpriced when compared to other manufacturers.  To me, that green label Colt is worth NO MORE then what I can buy a Sunset Bushmaster/Armalite/RRA rifle with the same features for, and worth LESS unless it is NIB.  The prancing pony on the side does nothing for me, for others it means the world.  To each his own, but to me the Colt is NOT worth the extra $$$.

D-Preacher,
No justification needed, I am in complete understanding that my Colt's are not worth what they were. Not everybody here is just a shooter some of us collect and shoot. That is what makes this a great country, we can all have our opinions about politics and the types of firearms we possess.
I find it hard to believe that if you had a Colt Pre-ban 6520 Green label rifle that you would sell it for $800. If so, I will buy it now!!!

Chuck

Well, his point seems to be that he wouldn't pay any extra for one in the first place, so moot point.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I believe he, like anyone else, would sell it for as much as they could get for it!

If I lived in an un-free State I would expect to pay more for a pre-'94 ban gun.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#27]
The value of a "preban" is the value of any other used gun:  Exactly what someone else is willing to pay for it.   Supply was artificially restricted, price went up.  Supply now goes up, price comes down.

sheesh- It's economics 101- not even worth arguing about.

btw- I think that the prices on the "pre import ban" stuff WILL come down. I just don't think enough people care about the collectability of those guns.  Most are too common, and if there is an American made replacement that is just as good, why would the prices stay elevated?

Class 3 FA is another story- prices will increase, unless the manufacturing ban is lifted, or unless they get completely banned.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The value of a "preban" is the value of any other used gun:  Exactly what someone else is willing to pay for it.   Supply was artificially restricted, price went up.  Supply now goes up, price comes down.

sheesh- It's economics 101- not even worth arguing about.

btw- I think that the prices on the "pre import ban" stuff WILL come down. I just don't think enough people care about the collectability of those guns.  Most are too common, and if there is an American made replacement that is just as good, why would the prices stay elevated?

Class 3 FA is another story- prices will increase, unless the manufacturing ban is lifted, or unless they get completely banned.

Hold on there Professor...If the above was true then the price of the LE6920 Colt M4's would not be $1250.00 now when 1 week ago they were selling for $889.95!

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

D-Preacher,
No justification needed, I am in complete understanding that my Colt's are not worth what they were. Not everybody here is just a shooter some of us collect and shoot. That is what makes this a great country, we can all have our opinions about politics and the types of firearms we possess.
I find it hard to believe that if you had a Colt Pre-ban 6520 Green label rifle that you would sell it for $800. If so, I will buy it now!!!

Chuck

Well, his point seems to be that he wouldn't pay any extra for one in the first place, so moot point.

GunSlingAR is in the X-ring.

Helldog40, Leatherneck Extraordinarie, has seen the righteous light and is spreading the gospel!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I think he just wants to justify the price for that sp1 he has for sale over in the ee.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Thank you,
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
OK them how much is a Colt SP1 Sporter with a sear block. I know a guy who has a full size one and doesnt know its value....it's sitting in a pawn shop.

Colt SP1s do not have sear blocks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

AR15 Roll Mark....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top