Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 3:20:59 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 9:15:50 AM EST by renotse]
Michael Moore Draws Boos at Convention (link)

NEW YORK - Already a box office sensation, filmmaker Michael Moore got another loud reception Monday at the Republican convention. This time, it was boos.

When Sen. John McCain (news, bio, voting record), R-Ariz., told the delegates about "a disingenuous film maker who would have us believe that Saddam's Iraq (news - web sites) was an oasis of peace," they knew he was referring to the maker of "Fahrenheit 9-11." The film, which savages Bush's Iraq policy, has set a box office record for documentaries, grossing $115 million so far.

McCain's comments prompted prolonged booing and chants of "Four more years." Many of the delegates faced Moore, who was seated in the press seats at Madison Square Garden because he is writing a column this week for USA Today.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:26:14 AM EST
It's time for this slob to just fade away.
Stop paying attention to this meat head and let his 15 minutes end already!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:36:21 AM EST
I'd like to see someone beat the living shit out of him on TV. I mean a THOROUGH thrashing, the kind where he gets dragged around a little bit as he's being pummeled and kicked. (Yes, if you must know, I've had this fantasy!)

BTW, I don't give a damn what kind of example it sets or how it makes our side look. I'd just like to see it!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:44:43 AM EST
Gotta love that pic.
What a looser he is.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:05:28 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:44:44 AM EST
At least USA Today is revealing it's true colors.
I suppose they are going to call it "unbiased" reporting too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:47:22 AM EST
ratings gentlemen, ratings
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:48:10 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:49:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By Aimless:
tar and feather him

Naw, that would be a waste of tar and feathers.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:50:21 AM EST

Any publicity is good publicity.

And as far as Moore is concerned, the best publicity he could get, given his audience, is the opprobrium of the Republicans.

But I still loved it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:52:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By ABNAK:
I'd like to see someone beat the living shit out of him on TV. I mean a THOROUGH thrashing, the kind where he gets dragged around a little bit as he's being pummeled and kicked. (Yes, if you must know, I've had this fantasy!)

BTW, I don't give a damn what kind of example it sets or how it makes our side look. I'd just like to see it!

you and I both. I hate that guy with a passion

List of people I hate

Michael Moore
Dianne Feinstein
Charles Schumer
Barbara Boxer
Sarah Brady
Hillary Clinton
Carolyn McCarthy
George Soros
Rosie O'Donnell
Howard Metzenbaum(thank god he's out)

I hate these people with the utmost unrefined and unrestricted loathing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:03:07 AM EST
I just saw the streaming video of it... they gave him a SOLID booing.... McCain couldn't even continue.

It was hot.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:03:15 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:17:02 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:31:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 5:33:02 AM EST by Shadowsabre]
I'm not literate till I have my Mountain Dew in the morning.
I beg and plead forgiveness for my rotten typing.
I am not worthy.
I am not worthy.
I am not worthy.
Can I change it to " What an A$$?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:17:52 AM EST
I hope all of the coservatives out there are boycotting USA Today for sending Moore to cover the RNC... especially since they didn't even run Coulter's column.

Did I mention boycott?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:19:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 6:20:48 AM EST by knightsar]
Michael Moore, don't go away mad just go away.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:24:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By pathfinder74:
I hope all of the coservatives out there are boycotting USA Today for sending Moore to cover the RNC... especially since they didn't even run Coulter's column.

Did I mention boycott?

No self respecting conservative should be reading USA Today in the first place. It’s barely a step up from People magazine. I won’t even read a free copy that hotels leave outside the door.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:31:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By markl32:

Originally Posted By pathfinder74:

Did I mention boycott?

No self respecting conservative should be reading USA Today in the first place. It’s barely a step up from People magazine. I won’t even read a free copy that hotels leave outside the door.

Ditto.
Don't read it anyway, but if I did, that would have been enough to make me stop.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:12:59 AM EST
You can see Mc Cain Diss The Lards Ass HERE
Top Top