Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/6/2003 4:10:45 AM EDT
[url]http://www.sunspot.net/news/local/carroll/bal-ca.bomb05jun05,0,5996137.story?coll=bal-pe-carroll[/url] Teen-ager accused of making explosives Gunpowder, fireworks, toilet bowl cleaner found -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- By Athima Chansanchai Sun Staff Originally published June 5, 2003 A Carroll County teen-ager was arrested yesterday after state police found a potentially explosive combination of empty airgun cartridges, gunpowder, fireworks and toilet bowl cleaner in his car, authorities said. Lee E. Hensley, 18, of the 500 block of Old Baltimore Road in Westminster was charged with manufacturing explosive devices and the possession of incendiary devices, state police in Westminster said. Hensley's co-workers said that he told them he had made bombs and detonated the devices in a rural part of Sykesville, according to state police. A tip prompted investigators from the Westminster barracks to stake out Hensley's house overnight and bring in their Special Tactical Assault Team Element for support. Police would not say where Hensley works. "Nowadays because of 9/11, with people's heightened state of awareness, they are attuned to anyone talking about exploding or detonating anything," said Lt. Michael E. Cain, assistant barracks commander. "He talked about making devices and exploding them, but there were no threats to specific people or buildings." The ingredients seized could be combined to make a bomb capable of blowing up an object the size of a car and causing injury or death, police said. Police searched Hensley's house and car early yesterday morning and recovered a bottle of gunpowder, an empty box of cartridges that are typically used to propel bullets in airguns, a receipt for those cartridges, six boxes of sparklers and a bottle of toilet bowl cleaner, according to charging documents. Hensley talked about filling empty cartridges with gunpowder, then using the sparklers as fuses, the charging documents state. The toilet bowl cleaner, when mixed with water in a closed container, could be explosive, according to the documents. Troopers arrested Hensley without incident at his house. He was being held at the Carroll County Detention Center in lieu of $25,000 bail. A bail review hearing for Hensley is scheduled for this morning.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:15:51 AM EDT
I'm never shitting again! That damn Tidy Bowl Man, I never did trust that guy, turnin all our thrones into bombs. The horror!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:16:49 AM EDT
[b]toilet bowl cleaner, when mixed with water in a closed container, could be explosive[/b] yea, and an old tire that is over inflated can be an explosive incendiary device. here we have a kid that did the same thing half the guy's on this board have done and now he will have his life ruined "in the name of national security".
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:35:39 AM EDT
i wonder what the "Special Tactical Assault Team Element" (STATE) consisted of.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:01:38 AM EDT
that's six fat state troopers each with an MP5 and a SOCOM pistol.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:21:23 AM EDT
The kid was probably just being "naughty." I use to try to make black powder back in high school (not successful). You are right. Most of us have either tried or made some oversized firecrackers in our time. In fact, my last drill with the USAR, we were at Fort Drum. The 401st CA Bn was there for weapons qualification. One officer decided to show us how to make a "field expediant device," or a bomb for you non mumbo jumbo types. It consisted of a one liter soft drink bottle, duct tape, and pulverized MRE heater compound. Wrap the bottle in duct tape, pour in the compound, add about 1/2 cup of water, seal bottle quickly, and throw a distance away from all personnel and equipment. Well, we all thought it would just "pop." we were WRONG! It sounded like a shotgun blast! The Operations Officer came out of his tent, "What the hell is going on!?" The officer, a captain, explained what he did. The Ops, a major, said, "If you're going to do something like that, make sure it doesn't sound like a gun shot on a range that is cold!" The captain got off lucky. All we needed was some adult supervision. Bilster
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:39:46 AM EDT
Good thing they stopped this bozo before he removed his face. Sparklers for fuses. SHEESH! As for the toilet bowl cleaner, you make acid bombs with them. Yes, I did this stuff as a kid, I was so stupid I can't believe I reached age 16. Gave it up when one of my 14 year old co-idiots killed himself with a black powder bomb made from a set of bicycle handlebars.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:45:54 AM EDT
toilet bowl cleaner found
View Quote
Sounds like he was going to blow the crap outta something.
Top Top