Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2001 7:07:06 PM EDT
Anyone here have one of these?
Thinking about buying one and haven't read or heard anything about this little .45
If anyone's shot one at all, please share the experience.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a PT111 9mm. Great pistol. Shoots well, pretty accurate.
VERY fragile. Somewhere near 2500 rds. the takedown pin broke, then the pins holding the frame to the action broke.
Great gun if you carry a lot, shoot a little.
This gun will not hndle lots of use.
BP (dont buy one, IMHO)
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info.
would the .45 be built the same way? shouldn't it be stronger?
anyway, I thought Taurus offered a lifetime warranty on all their guns.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info.
would the .45 be built the same way? shouldn't it be stronger?
anyway, I thought Taurus offered a lifetime warranty on all their guns.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no idea if the 45 is stronger.
Yes their warranty is great. All repairs were free of charge... EXCEPT- it took SEVEN weeks to turn around and nearly 50 bucks to send the pistol in for repairs.
Would you trust a pistol that might break? I can no longer trust mine!
BP
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, Taurus offers a life time warranty on all of their firearms. Does that mean a life time of your firearm being shipped back and forth for repair?
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
NO! You pay to ship it to them. They ship it back. No cheaper way to ship either.
BP
oops, misunderstood last post.
Apparently, you are correct.
The thing that pissed me of most. I sent them a long letter explaining the problem, and how I was dissapionted that a personal defense firearm was so fragile. I told them how could I trust this gun in the future etc...
They sent nothing back with the firearm. No explanation, nothing.
Not very confidence inspiring is it?
BP
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got the PT-140. The 40 S&W version of the pistol. They also make some ultralights in 45 and 9mm. Its a great conceiled carry gun as it lays nice and flat. Mine has not given me any trouble but I've probably only put around 1000 rds through it so far. My wife sometimes has trouble with it cycling but its because she does not hold it firm enough I believe (no wise cracks). I never had cycling problems though. All in all it would not be my choice for carring into battle, but for the occasional 7-11 shootout its fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top