Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2002 1:20:53 PM EDT
In a show of solidarity for a manufacturer who has been victimized by one of its customers, Should the Next AR group purchase be a Bushmaster?
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me think......

[b]SUPPORT BUSHMASTER NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!!![/b]

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com[/url]

Scott

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]I beat you to it!!! HAHAHA[/b] [:D]

Please post on this topic, under the [b]Bushmaster[/b] forum. I have been reading other posts regarding Bushmaster, and I don't know if we can get a group purchase going, through them anyway.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=28&t=138522&w=myTopicPop[/url]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#4]
It means-- it performs well when driving on soft mud-- no problems, and it hauls ass. BUT: its always going to the shop for something covered under warranty...
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Trust me, Bushmaster will not lose from this. People who are considering purchasing a "Black Rifle" will not avoid BM because some wacko shot some innocent people with one. It is just free advertising for them. Look at their website, it got shut from overloading.
People who hate "Black Rifles" already hate them.
What we should be doing is not buying new firearms. We should be taking up a collection to support a group who will help us keep the ones we have.JMHO
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Well...Just tonite I purchased a BushMaster 20" A2 upper W/BC. Hopefully it will be here in less than a week.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]
It's always been said that there is no such thing as bad publicity, and that is pretty much borne out in today's world.

People will recall something, but they will just not remember [u]why[/u] they recall it.

BTW, I own 3 pre-ban Bushmasters, 2 carbines and 1 rifle, and they are great! They are actually my favorite of all the ARs!

[b]I collect Colts, but I shoot Bushys![/b][:D]

Eric The(Remarkable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#8]
You mean I have to buy another...  ouch, oh, quit twisting my... ok, ok.
I'm in.
I suggest a LEGP CMP, with a few trimmings, commemorative engraving of 9-11, homeland defense and a small American flag (rectangular flag, please.  Not the waving flag that is popular right now.)
Shipped wrapped in a 3'x5' American Flag, in a pelican case.
America would be more secure with more of these locked up in American homes.
Not purple though, woodland cammo would be nice, or a good black finish.  Purple is not acceptable.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#9]
How about a HDR-15? Homeland Defense Rifle? Slabside SP-1 Style?

I'll take mine in Bushy purple!
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#10]
My first AR was a Bushmaster that I got in 88'. I later sold it during the firearms buying craze between Brady & AWB. It was sold to the person who reverse engineered it, and was used as the pattern for the B.O.H.I.C.A. receivers.

I was sorry to sell it, but I needed the cash then and due to the current market I got top dollar.

I currently have [i]many[/i] different AR's by five different manufacturers, but not a Bushy in the group... I will need to rectify that.

BTW - I have access to a 60W Engraving laser at my FFL address if anyone wants artwork added.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#11]
the rifles wont be purple. the purple rifles was actually a parkerizing defect from anout 10 years ago, the new Bushmasters are black.

It would be realy cool to get some new purple ones tho. I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I suppose I should stop calling my Bushie a "purple people shooter"
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:26:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I suppose I should stop calling my Bushie a "purple people shooter"
View Quote

..... I'm Trying real hard not to laugh.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top