Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2003 8:36:39 AM EDT
Guys I just had the wife chop up and fry some left over baked potatoes from yesterday and I have to tell ya, they were the best fried potatoes I ever ett.

I'm one who likes the skins on their baked potatoes burnt a little, I like the stronger flavor burning them gives and because I like the burnt taste so well I asked the wife to leave the burnt skins on the potatoes.

She added chopped onions to the coarsely chopped potatoes and fried the mixture in a little butter, man what a great taste and smell.

The potatoes were not overly moist or soft, they actually dried out from yesterday and chopped well.

I hope you try Sniper Breakfast Potatoes soon, you'll be amazed at the great flavor day old slightly burnt baked potatoes offer.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Mmm...Burnt potatoes...Mmm....
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree about how burning the outside giving better taste when I cook my taters for mashing. I like russits. I cook the taters all the way through in the microwave, then I cover them in olive oil and salt. I then put them on the grill to crisp the outsides. The grilling makes one hell of a difference in taste. Try it, you'll like it [:P]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks CAPITALIST, sounds good, will try them out the next time we grill.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Whenever we cook potatos I always toss in several extras just for dem dark brown/black potato morsels with onions for the next day. I love over-easy or sunny-side up eggs on 'em too![banana]

Damn, now I'm hungry for breakfast and I just finished lunch...
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Am I the only one wondering why the title of this thread is 'sniper' breakfast potatoes?

I like 'em with a brown coating on the outside.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:07:32 AM EDT
[#6]
OK, but where are the pics??

(with gun, knife, tape measure....etc.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top