Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/12/2002 7:10:44 PM EST
I sent a bill to get North Carolina to officialy recognize the INDIVIDUAL right to keep and bear arms (RTKABA)and none of this National Guard BS being thrown around. My local rep said he was more than happy to help pass the amendment. This would mean the NC Constiution would say WITHOUT QUESTION that RTKABA is an INDIVIDUAL right. No more NG crap or other anti-second crap. [:)] He said though it wouldn't be until the next legis session that he could reintroduce it. CRC
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:14:19 PM EST
It would also state that the militia includes ALL the legally armed citizens of the Old North State and so no matter what RTKABA is protected. Say what you want many politicians subscribe to the applies to the National Guard only view. Now they can subscribe to that but the state's position will be of the INDIVIDUAL right. CRC
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:38:38 PM EST
The Constitution of Michigan already clearly establishes it as an individual right.
CONSTITUTION OF MICHIGAN OF 1963 (Art. 1, Declaration of Rights) ARTICLE I DECLARATION OF RIGHTS MCL Const.1.1 § 6 Bearing of arms. Sec. 6. Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:27:05 PM EST
I just checked your constitution, They just used the 2nd and added to it about no standing army and then this part;
Nothing herein shall justify the practice of carrying concealed weapons, or prevent the General Assembly from enacting penal statutes against that practice.
View Quote
That sucks! Tell him you want it worded nice and simple like ours. Best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:44:38 PM EST
out-a-ammo, You got it! Nice, simple and clear (as if wasn't clear enough already!). I also think that part about concealed carry stinks too and will mention that too. CRC
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 2:32:58 AM EST
NC has become NJ South. No insult intended to the decent people there, but too many of the worst kind have come in and taken power.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 3:21:20 AM EST
Well, damnit CRC, tell us who this rep of yours is so we can email him our support.
Top Top