Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/15/2005 8:49:51 AM EDT
I probably won't make friends with this but the sooner you face it the better you are.

All of you who drive gas-guzzeling trucks or street-tanks who DO NOT use them for serious work, have no right to bitch about gas prices. For it is you who contribute to the soar in gas prices.

Little formula here: Demand > Supply

No other country in the world has as many cars, nor as inefficient cars as the US. 20% of the worlds gas supply goes to our personal vehicles alone (source: NPR)

And take a guess what terrorist countries are getting your cash?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:51:11 AM EDT
Who complained?

By the way, how is that electric car working out for you?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:52:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Lockedon:
I probably won't make friends with this but the sooner you face it the better you are.

All of you who drive gas-guzzeling trucks or street-tanks who DO NOT use them for serious work, have no right to bitch about gas prices. For it is you who contribute to the soar in gas prices.

No other country in the world has as many cars, nor as inefficient cars as the US. 20% of the worlds gas supply goes to our personal vehicles alone (source: NPR)

While I agree with you to an extent, I would be careful using NPR as source for anything objective
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:52:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 8:56:05 AM EDT by Lockedon]

Originally Posted By Right-to-Bear:
Who complained?

not electric yet.....'04 Civic....$20/month....I'd LOVE to have a Prius
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:56:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 8:56:53 AM EDT by Merrell]
I don't use my SUV to cruise endlessly around the McDonald's, bass thumping, neon lights pulsating, nor do I hang idiotic unaerodynamic wings (that don't add any appreciable downforce below 100 MPH anyway) in a flaccid attempt to curry favour with the town Britney clone skank.

I do use my vehicle to go to work and shop (combining trips where possible), and appreciate the mass & legitimate frame that might save my ass from an untimely demise should said vehicle encounter another vehicle in the same space, at the same time.

Braindead tweakers of tomorrow in their ricer boomcars waste more gas trying to remember what the hell they went out for in the first place, thanks to disintegration of their cerebral cortexes due to continual high-SPL exposure, than all the sentient SUV drivers in the world put together.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:56:49 AM EDT

Who put sand in your vagina? I like my truck and I hate the gas prices. Welcome to America!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:57:35 AM EDT
[Rant] To those who complain about those who complain about gas prices who drive gas-guzzlers:

Sit on it, Pottsie!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:58:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Right-to-Bear:
Who complained?

+1
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:58:52 AM EDT
my 4x4 truck gets 18 mpg, not super low , but not bad. I dont bitch about prices, I can afford the gas. I still snicker at pantywaisted econobox drivers when I look down on them as I pass them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:00:27 AM EDT
The Prius doesnt get anywhere near the MPG as they advertise. About 5-7 mpg less on each.

But still more then your average car. But there are diesels with that kind of performance.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:00:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:
my 4x4 truck gets 18 mpg, not super low , but not bad. I dont bitch about prices, I can afford the gas. I still snicker at pantywaisted econobox drivers when I look down on them as I pass them.

Me too, except I only get 16 mpg in mine.

Adjusted for inflation gas is still cheaper today than it was 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:01:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rifleman2000:

Who put sand in your vagina? I like my truck and I hate the gas prices. Welcome to America!

Hey I'm not telling you to sell your truck. I'm not even saying that I hate your truck. I'm just bringing attention to the fact that gas prices are the way they are because our enourmous demand for gas. And that your cash is going straight into the pockets of those who kill our soldiers.
Be a proud American.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:01:55 AM EDT
I paid my $1000 gas guzzler tax on my 04 GTO and my v-8 powered Silverado gets me back and forth to work just as good as a little 4 cyl car would. So, keep driving that little 4cyl of yours. My gas guzzlers need all the extra they can get.

As for supporting terrorists, you drive a Honda! All but 60 years ago, Japan was the enemy. Now you want to help them become more powerful by supporting thier economy??

Kris
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:02:55 AM EDT
I'll stick to my truck. I'd rather be the dominant one in vehicle collision negotiations.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:03:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 9:05:22 AM EDT by Lockedon]

Originally Posted By shop_rat45:
I paid my $1000 gas guzzler tax on my 04 GTO and my v-8 powered Silverado gets me back and forth to work just as good as a little 4 cyl car would. So, keep driving that little 4cyl of yours. My gas guzzlers need all the extra they can get.

As for supporting terrorists, you drive a Honda! All but 60 years ago, Japan was the enemy. Now you want to help them become more powerful by supporting thier economy??

Kris

60 years ago? Are you kidding me?? that's even an issue??

The other option would be what? "American" cars made in MEXICO with Tax shelters overseas????
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:04:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 9:05:01 AM EDT by Max_Mike]

You bucking to be the gas nanny.

It is none of your stinking business what I drive or how I spent my money.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:05:07 AM EDT
Would this be analogous to chastising Class III shooters who complain about ammo shortages and prices, out of curiosity?

This is America. I want cheap gas and a truck. Bitching about not having either is my birthright.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:05:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 9:44:03 AM EDT by AssaultRifler]

Hey I'm not telling you to sell your truck. I'm not even saying that I hate your truck. I'm just bringing attention to the fact that gas prices are the way they are because our enourmous demand for gas. And that your cash is going straight into the pockets of those who kill our soldiers.
Be a proud American.

mpg isn't anything, a truck that gets 18 mpg and drives only 7500 miles a year uses less gas than a honda that gets 36 mpg and drives 15,001 miles a year.

I appreciate all the econobox owners saving gas for me though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:06:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Max_Mike:

yes it is. you're collectively raising prices for all of us.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:07:09 AM EDT

Kris

The other option would be what? "American" cars made in MEXICO with Tax shelters overseas????

I may not approve of Ford and GM (notice I didn't say Damnear Chrysler) building in Mexico and such, but at least the profits from that goes back to the AMERICAN companies and supports the AMERICAN economy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:08:29 AM EDT
I have my guzzlers and my gas savers. If I get called in to work in horrible weather, it'll be an emergency and mandatory show up. [utility Biz] Not to many gas sippers will go thru a foot of snow or drive over blown down branches or trees. The 4x4 can. Besides, have not seen a sipper yet that haul a trailer, boat, or the like.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:09:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Max_Mike:

If you believe that horseshit then I suggest you do your duty and stop driving and take a bike…

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:10:53 AM EDT

I love rising prices on poor people, the little bastards don't pay hardly any income taxes, most none at all and make the "rich" pay all the taxes. Now it's payback time!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:11:02 AM EDT

Kris

60 years ago? Are you kidding me?? that's even an issue??

Is that what they teach in school these days? GM & Ford are the debil, support your country by sending all the auto profits overseas?

HELLO????

www.census.gov/indicator/www/ustrade.html

[whining]but it was assembled in America[/whining]

Yup, and where did the profits go? (and what does that do to our currency?)

Surprise!

To punctuate it all, Japan’s No. 1 automaker delivered $18 billion to the bottom line over the past two years — and almost all of that cash came from American consumers.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:14:53 AM EDT
Hmm... I'm surely feeling the pinch with my Suburban.

While looking at normal employment, I am well aware of commute distances, and all of a sudden, the 55 miles each way I did as a youth with a 4 banger isn't cutting it.

I'm looking at 10 miles or closer...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:16:02 AM EDT
You don't hear me bitching in my big, comfy 4x4 truck or supercharged V8 Mustang. Gas is still cheaper than milk. Which one would YOU rather have to get by yourself?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:16:37 AM EDT
I saw on the FNC the other day that if every SUV was traded in for a hybrid car it would only effect gas consumption by less than .5%.

SUV's are not the issue.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:19:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
I saw on the FNC the other day that if every SUV was traded in for a hybrid car it would only effect gas consumption by less than .5%.

SUV's are not the issue.

I saw that too, I was surprised by the story.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:20:11 AM EDT
Besides, your whole premise is flawed.

Assume that the entire worlds demand for oil was 20% less historically.

The worlds ability to drill for and refine oil would be decreased by 20%

Guess what? We would be paying the same amount.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:20:42 AM EDT

Kris

Nomination for "Stupid Remark of the Week".
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:24:22 AM EDT

Okay, somebody explain why I'm paying more for diesel than premium?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:26:03 AM EDT

mpg isn't anything, a truck that gets 18 mpg and drives only 7500 miles a year uses less gas than a honda that gets 36 mpg and drives 15,001 miles a year. I got 2 trucks, I put about 7500 a year each on them.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Together, you put 15k on the 2 gas guzzlers combined. I am not taking sides in this argument, it's just that that is the second most nonsensical post on this thread.

1 truck getting 18 x 7500 miles=417 gallons
2nd truck getting 18 x 7500 miles=417 gallons
total=834 gallons

1 Honda getting 36 x 15001 miles=417 gallons total.

So, even though one truck doing half the mileage uses the same amount, your trucks combined use 834 gallons.

Sheesh.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:26:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

SUV's are not the issue.

I didn't see the story... but it would seem the obvious issue is Americans (including your's truly) refusing to curb (pun inteneded) their very mobile lifestyle. This is due, in part, to the demize of neighborhoods and the shops they used to have. Now everything is centralized in "master planned" communities... with commercial districts, residential districts, and so on...

That, coupled with the average American's inability to efficiently plan their motoring to get the most value out of their mpg.

And of course... YMMV!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:27:24 AM EDT
Personally I don't think gas prices are all that bad and I couldn't even tell you what I paid for the last fillup. Hardly matters since it hasn't yet affected my standard of living

Hate to rain on your little 'green' parade here but frankly I just enjoy driving and taking road trips. No purpose whatsoever except my personal enjoyment. I didn't buy a sports car for it to sit in the friggin' garage.

Besides you can piss-n-moan all you want, as much as I'd like the US to have a better long term energy plan for self-sufficiency it simply won't happen until the market forces us to do it. Period.

So with that in mind you could say that all the people who are being 'inefficient' (your words) are simply hastening the decision and all the 'let's all go buy a Prius' crowd are lengthening the time until we get off our asses and get a different strategy. So I'm sure there's a big "Thank you Lockedon" from Osama waiting for you. Ya jerk.

(How's that feel?)
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:27:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 9:29:35 AM EDT by ZitiForBreakfast]

I think you need a pancake on your head.

A tank full is a tank full of gas. Regardless of what it goes in.

A tank full for a rice burner is lets say 30.00 a tank full for a SUV is say 50.00, do the math for me, how am I funding terrorisim and you are not? Does all sales of oil above 30.00 goes to fund terrorisim?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:29:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PAEBR332:

Our gas really isnt that high. It can be a lot worse.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:31:39 AM EDT

[citation to First Amendment to Consitutiton of United States}

Yes, yes I do have a right to complain. Crude costs no more to get out of the ground than it did 50 years ago. There is no shortage other than as created by the market, ie limited production.

Ergo, if we dropped consumption, they would FURTHER limit production.

Now excuse me while I do a 340hp hemi burnout away from this thread in my Chrysler 300C.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:32:41 AM EDT
From my observations it is the econo car drivers who are the loudest complainers of gas prices.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:33:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Robert2011:
Okay, somebody explain why I'm paying more for diesel than premium?

IIRC diesel is basically the cull of gasoline. There is less of it therefore it costs more. Also more goods move by diesel trucks now than they did 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:35:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Originally Posted By PAEBR332:

Our gas really isnt that high. It can be a lot worse.

True, the Race Trac I fill up at in Davie consistently has gas that is roughly 10-20 cents cheaper than all competitors in the area.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:36:52 AM EDT

Kris

I may not approve of Ford and GM (notice I didn't say Damnear Chrysler) building in Mexico and such, but at least the profits from that goes back to the AMERICAN companies and supports the AMERICAN economy.

So, employing AMERICAN workers who would otherwise be out of work is bad?????????????
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:37:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
Does all sales of oil above 30.00 goes to fund terrorisim?

Did ya get that memo???
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:37:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 9:51:52 AM EDT by WildBoar]
Since the domestic vs import issue came up.

for you GM guys or anti import guys.
How do you feel about the Pontiac Vibe? Is GM now a traitor? What about when they used the Corolla as the Prism? Is buying a GM aiding the enemy you hate so much?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:38:17 AM EDT

Kris

Yeah and all thoes american employees who work for the Japaneese compaines do what with their money spend it in Japan. Atleast they are being made here to give our people JOBS
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:42:32 AM EDT
I think gas prices are still too cheap. I'd be in favor of raising gas taxes a buck or two a gallon to keep more cars off the road so those of us who can afford the gas can drive more.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:47:20 AM EDT
Typical, predictable responses eh, Lockedon.
Guzzle away, gents

Be a proud American.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:48:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LARRYG:

mpg isn't anything, a truck that gets 18 mpg and drives only 7500 miles a year uses less gas than a honda that gets 36 mpg and drives 15,001 miles a year. I got 2 trucks, I put about 7500 a year each on them.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Together, you put 15k on the 2 gas guzzlers combined. I am not taking sides in this argument, it's just that that is the second most nonsensical post on this thread.

1 truck getting 18 x 7500 miles=417 gallons
2nd truck getting 18 x 7500 miles=417 gallons
total=834 gallons

1 Honda getting 36 x 15001 miles=417 gallons total.

So, even though one truck doing half the mileage uses the same amount, your trucks combined use 834 gallons.

Sheesh.

Yeah, now I see how it's confusing. Point is that just because someone drives a honda doesn't mean they use less gas than a truck or SUV owner. If a truck or SUV owner doesn't drive as much as a honda owner, than they use less gas. I threw out the fact I got 2 trucks to show that yes, in real life, someone can own a truck and put only 7500 miles a year on it. One of my trucks is a 2003 Tacoma V6, it's the one that gets 18mpg. My other truck is a 1985 toyota 4 banger, probably gets in the 20's for mpg, haven't check it though. Still, some people drive less per year than others. You can drive less per year in a gas guzzler and still use less gas than a tree hugger in a hybrid if the tree hugger puts on a lot more miles, that was my point
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:49:50 AM EDT

Since the domestice vs import issue came up.

for you GM guys or anti imnport guys.
How do you feel about the Pontiac Vibe? Is GM now a traitor? What about when they used the Corolla as the Prism? Is buying a GM aiding the enemy you hate so much?

How about the GTO?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:50:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LARRYG:

Since the domestice vs import issue came up.

for you GM guys or anti imnport guys.

How about the GTO?

Toyota is building that for GM as well?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:51:21 AM EDT

NEWSFLASH:
You are part of the problem too.

You can sit back and critisize someone for driving a car that uses more fuel than yours, but the fact is, you are still driving a gas-based car, no matter how much you don't want to.

We need to get rid of assault rifles and buy bolt guns because there is a shortage on .223!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:52:15 AM EDT

I love rising prices on poor people, the little bastards don't pay hardly any income taxes, most none at all and make the "rich" pay all the taxes. Now it's payback time!

Mcuzi, is that you?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top