Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/8/2011 6:31:21 PM EDT
I'm a political junkie, so excuse me for starting this thread.

6 Republicans face recall tomorrow and 2 Dims next week.

I know it's "just" a recall election, but this is going to be interesting...

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
They have cable in Canada?  Who would have guessed.  

It will be interesting.  The D's have been way more mobilized.  Union members are going around banging on doors.  I talked to a few while I was at work last week.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I figure the recalls favor the challengers because they are highly motivated.  

I think there should to be a bar of some sort (say needing to beat the number of original votes won by the incumbent) rather than a simple majority of votes in the recall election.

Frankly, Wisconsin's recall statute needs to be changed to indicate recalls are only allowed for criminal convictions or mental/physical inability to perform the job.  Just being angry with the legislator isn't sufficient reason to cost the taxpayers millions of dollars and to overturn properly held elections.

If regular elections don't matter and can be overturned with little effort, why bother holding them???????

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]
what's the results?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know if the Sec. of State in Wisconsin is one of Soro's people?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]
This was today?.....................I missed this!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Waht state is Al Franken from?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They have cable in Canada?  Who would have guessed.  

No, Al Gore was courteous enough to lend us his internetz for news updates.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

MN
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Polls just closed.
Live results posted here:

Disregard, better link posted below.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#11]

That link is way better than mine.

ETA: mother fuck, I burned 7500 on that?  

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I voted after work and the town hall was packed.  I asked one of the volunteers if it had been busy during the day and she just rolled her eyes.  I have no idea what that means, but I puzzled it out to mean she was in heat.  Waiting on pins and needles for the results, if they incumbents get voted out I'm going to lose hope for my state.  The unions were able to raise 9.something million for their candidates, guess they can't be feeling the private-sector reality too much.  Yeah, I'm talking to you, Teacher's Union!
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I voted after work and the town hall was packed.  I asked one of the volunteers if it had been busy during the day and she just rolled her eyes.  I have no idea what that means, but I puzzled it out to mean she was in heat.  Waiting on pins and needles for the results, if they incumbents get voted out I'm going to lose hope for my state.  The unions were able to raise 9.something million for their candidates, guess they can't be feeling the private-sector reality too much.  Yeah, I'm talking to you, Teacher's Union!

The articles I've read tonight said that most lineups to vote were long and winding around the buildings.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Evidently a Milwaukee paper wrote an editorial saying that Walker was totally right about his reforms.

They decided that the best time to run that editorial will be tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Tag to see the results.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

They'll pay good money to make sure their gravy train doesn't come to a halt.

Meanwhile, those of us paying for it all are trying to figure out how to make ends meet.
I wish you luck Wisconsin. I sure hope today wasn't Apathy Day on our side.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Results are starting to trickle in
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Tag in case this ends up being the official thread.

Go Repukes!
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MN

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Tag for how this turns out.  How butthurt will the Dems / Unions be if the Rs stay in power.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Ohio political types on both sides are likely to be eyeing this closely.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Tag for how this turns out.  How butthurt will the Dems / Unions be if the Rs stay in power.

And the flip-side - How butthurt will the R's / Teabaggers be if the D's gain power?

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#24]
GOP leading every poll so far.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the flip-side - How butthurt will the R's / Teabaggers be if the D's gain power?

Typical Trade Union Thug (hey, it's your User Title): using a sexual slur to describe members of the Tea Party.

Your avatar is appropriate given your User Title.  Perhaps you should brush up on your gun safety rules before you point your weapon at everyone.  But then you wouldn't be able to intimidate people, now would you?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

NICE!

Can we get live results anywhere?

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know what?  Never mind.

I don't want to get this thread locked.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typical Trade Union Thug (hey, it's your User Title): using a sexual slur to describe members of the Tea Party.

Your avatar is appropriate given your User Title.

His sig is good advice:

The Ignorant get placed on the Ignore List

He can keep DLoken company on my ignore list.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

NICE!

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/127331193.html

The race is tightening
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Won't matter.  Union guys are fucked either way.  Your dad had it good, and grampa got his pension.  Too bad you won't.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

NICE!

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/127331193.html
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#33]

I can already tell you how the media will play this, whichever way it turns out.
-K

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Won't matter.  Union guys are fucked either way.  Your dad had it good, and grampa got his pension.  Too bad you won't.

ETA - I'm not in AZ
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Only two races close right now - only one Dem leading.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Tag for the union leeches whining.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Now, I don't know much about this recall vote.  Are these all republicans being recalled?  And why?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think that's funny, huh?

UAW membership has gone from a high of over 1,500,000 down to about 355,000.  Sure are a lot of union thugs who've screwed themselves out of a lot of jobs.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Looking good so far.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#44]
We can lose two seats and still maintain control of the Senate.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Only two races close right now - only one Dem leading.

Milwauke still has 0 precincts reporting.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#48]
So will they keep counting votes untill all the R's lose?

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had tried to turn over a new leaf and emptied my ignore list. Thanks for reminding me that GoatBoy gave us an [IGNORE] button for the same reason that there is a [MUTE] button on the TV remote control.

BTW. Am curious if you union thugs brag about how tough you are after pushing down one the little old ladies from the Tea Party and break their hips?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Looking pretty good, but still a lot of counties with zero precincts reporting.  How many of those are urban/ Democratic?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top