Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2002 12:16:15 AM EDT
I'm planning on going back to school to become a Machinist. Something I've always wanted to do. I'm 28 years old and have 13 years experience welding under my belt. Anyone do this? Have any pointers? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:23:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm planning on going back to school to become a Machinist. Something I've always wanted to do. I'm 28 years old and have 13 years experience welding under my belt. Anyone do this? Have any pointers? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
View Quote

Go for it. Learning another set of metal working skills couldn't hurt.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:32:45 AM EDT
[#2]
... Go at it with all your gusto my brutha!

... There are few things in life as rewarding, I promise.

Reference this old thread.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=89128[/url]

... I've discovered that there are many young and beautiful womenz that absolutely adore "older" gentlemen that have a 'leg" up on life. I'm serious. I'm a GOD with the gals in my track.

.. I am not the least bit shitting you!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Currently in school to be a LEO, and know from experience that working full time and going to school fulltime just doesn't work. Try to keep it to a maximum of 9 credits, with 6 being preferable, especially if you have a family.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:51:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh yes I almost forgot about the wemenz.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top