Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2010 8:05:22 PM EDT
This thread is now a comp-tac review.  

See Pg 2 for update.

(link direct to the post:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1086233&page=2�)
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#1]
They've gone way downhill.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:07:09 PM EDT
[#2]
How long have you had the phone number?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How long have you had the phone number?

Since last Monday (Aug. 23).  Ordered the holster on Wednesday Aug. 25.  They are the only company, of any form, that I've provided that number to.  I haven't even given it to friends.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]
That's not the "real" originating number.  Out-bound call centers can out-pulse any number they want.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's not the "real" originating number.  Out-bound call centers can out-pulse any number they want.

Yeah, I'm sure it's not.  Which is what leads me to believe someone sold the #.  And the only people that have that number are comp-tac.  I wonder if it can go to "sold" that fast.  Unless they dump all their numbers on the last day of the month.  I began receiving the messages yesterday, the first.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I'm sure it's not.  Which is what leads me to believe someone sold the #.  And the only people that have that number are comp-tac.  I wonder if it can go to "sold" that fast.  Unless they dump all their numbers on the last day of the month.  I began receiving the messages yesterday, the first.

I've never worked any out-bound centers (my employer actually refuses to work with any sort of out-bound center, as point of policy).  But it wouldn't surprise me if they do a dump at the end of the month.  I might be able to score you a google voice account, so you can ad-block numbers, and screen calls.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never worked any out-bound centers (my employer actually refuses to work with any sort of out-bound center, as point of policy).  But it wouldn't surprise me if they do a dump at the end of the month.  I might be able to score you a google voice account, so you can ad-block numbers, and screen calls.

I've got google voice.  Just haven't set it up on this number yet.  It's actually a spare phone that I'm going to give to my kids.  My toddler decided my G1 needed to take a bath.  It fried it.  I ordered a new one, but it was DOA, so I'm waiting for another one.  Just using the el-cheapo until my "good" phone comes back.

I love google voice BTW.  The greatest invention for cell phones yet!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got google voice.  Just haven't set it up on this number yet.  It's actually a spare phone that I'm going to give to my kids.  My toddler decided my G1 needed to take a bath.  It fried it.  I ordered a new one, but it was DOA, so I'm waiting for another one.  Just using the el-cheapo until my "good" phone comes back.

Rumor has it that Google is working on a VoIP cell service.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:38:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Should have gone with a Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB holster and not the shitty Comp-Tac.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I can already use their VOIP on my computer, functionality just went active a couple days ago.  I bet it won't be long before I can use it on my cell.  

And that service isn't computer to computer.  I can call any number I want...

With google voice, I can already make essentially any call in the US for free.  No using minutes, etc.  You can even text through google voice.  I haven't tried that, as I'm not a huge texter, but it's there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Should have gone with a Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB holster and not the shitty Comp-Tac.

I looked at that, but based on lots of research, the user reviews on the comp-tac (actually the m-tac) were much better.  

That, and I'm not a fan of the crosses on the clips.  Not for religious reasons, but it's something that draws the eye.  It gives people something to ask about.  At least that's the way I see it.  If someone I knew was wearing one and I saw them, I'd ask what they were.  IMO, the whole idea of CC is to avoid drawing the eye to area.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I looked at that, but based on lots of research, the user reviews on the comp-tac (actually the m-tac) were much better.  

That, and I'm not a fan of the crosses on the clips.  Not for religious reasons, but it's something that draws the eye.  It gives people something to ask about.  At least that's the way I see it.  If someone I knew was wearing one and I saw them, I'd ask what they were.  IMO, the whole idea of CC is to avoid drawing the eye to area.

I love my Comp-Tac, but I did start getting texts after I ordered mine.

I also see the crosses on the Crossbreed holsters as a bad move. They lose a lot of sales because of it, mine included.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I also see the crosses on the Crossbreed holsters as a bad move. They lose a lot of sales because of it, mine included.

Good to know I'm not the only one, on both counts.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I've never seen anyone else refer to Comp-Tac holsters are shitty.

Both of mine are GTG and i'm getting a 3rd belt holster for use with a TLR-1 attached.  I just need to mod it to be a slide model so I can use a 19/17/34 in it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:59:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I just sent comp-tac an email questioning the text deal.  We'll see what they have to say.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:44:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I never got any text messages from them.  I highly doubt it's them, plus I doubt anyone would be able to get your number in 2 days.  Either the guy that had the number before you, or the company is just spamming random phone numbers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I get constant spam mail from them and I've never purchased anything from them. That being said cell phone companies roll over phone numbers fast, my last new (to me) number I was getting calls, texts from people I don't know.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Guess I'm the lucky one. I have placed several orders from them and never got any texts.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:33:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Guess I'm the lucky one. I have placed several orders from them and never got any texts.

It may not be them, just coincidence.  We'll see what they have to say.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I made the mistake of texting SWFA as part of a scope giveaway contest or some BS they were having, and from that point on they texted me every day with a spam ad.

Verizon lets you block 10 numbers IIRC, so I set up a block and that was that.

No where did they mention I would get spammed daily on my cell for entering their retarded contest.

Serves me right for thinking I could win a free scope. Greed always backfires.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:45:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I never got any text messages from them.  I highly doubt it's them, plus I doubt anyone would be able to get your number in 2 days.  Either the guy that had the number before you, or the company is just spamming random phone numbers.

I have cycled through a lot of numbers in recent years for work/moving. I get wrong numbers, spam, and random texts after each new phone. I have also ordered from Comp-tac a half dozen times and never had an issue with my current number.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:47:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just recently I have started getting random prerecorded calls about home security systems.  I haven't gotten any text though.

I ordered from them a long time ago.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:52:00 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

and not the shitty Comp-Tac.

God damn, Arfcom really can denigrate every firearm and accessory ever made! This is almost as bad as last months "Those are stupid. I don't know why anyone would buy that crap." statement in reference to Holland & Holland Double Rifles.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:27:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Same here. Love my Comp-Tac holsters also.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:32:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It may not be them, just coincidence.  We'll see what they have to say.

Both companies are firearm related [Paladin does firearm related books and such] which does suggest it has something to do with someone in the firearm industry "selling" numbers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:42:32 AM EDT
[#26]
I have 4 MTACs

Never a problem with the holsters and never gotten any unsolicited calls as result of using Comp-Tac
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:45:06 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and not the shitty Comp-Tac.

God damn, Arfcom really can denigrate every firearm and accessory ever made! This is almost as bad as last months "Those are stupid. I don't know why anyone would buy that crap." statement in reference to Holland & Holland Double Rifles.

Opinions are like assholes, get over it.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:45:51 AM EDT
[#28]
I've bought lots o' stuff from comp-tac and give them my cell # all the time.  I've never experienced what you were describing.  *shrug*
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:46:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I have not had any problems after ordering from them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:56:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's already up and running

I didn't have a problem with comp-tac and I like my holster... no idea - the fact that you're getting calls from other firearms related places though makes it sound like they did sell the number.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:13:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:23:29 AM EDT
[#32]
I only got some Smarties and a hand written thank you with a smiley face.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:25:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Same, they've been nothing but a great company to me
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:34:09 AM EDT
[#34]
I got a phone call one day from a number I did not know and after playing with google it turned up as a spam calling center number.

I don't have my number out and I figure they are just using call phone numbers and those automated calling machines that were suppossed to be outlawed.

These days I won't answer a number I don't know, email I don't know or recognize does not get read, and same would go for text.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:36:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This. I've had both and the Crossbreed is ten times more comfortable than the C-tac. And it seems to conceal a bit better (G19).
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:41:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soooo get different clips. Tucker Gunleather has several styles of clips, none of which have crosses on them
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:47:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the need to go public with your bridge burning?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was responding to the "shitty comp-tac" post I do believe.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the fuck not? It is a public forum...

I have ordered from Comp-tac twice and haven't got any weird calls.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Comp-Tac replied:

Ragedracer,

I can assure you we do not sell our customer’s private information. All information given on our site to set up an account is used strictly for ordering, shipping, and contact information in case we have questions (since all of our gear is custom and all guns are different).

This is a very serious matter and I do appreciate you bringing it to my attention. I will check with our website programmers and see if there is anything they can figure out.  I will let you know as soon as I do.

Thanks,

Jenn K.

Sales/PR
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soooo get different clips. Tucker Gunleather has several styles of clips, none of which have crosses on them

Why should I have to spend extra $?  I don't think I'll be disappointed with the M-Tac.  They use better leather, cut the holster for the gun instead of making it universal, and cover the hardware on the back with another piece of leather.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

What, do you work at Crossbreed?    I ordered from Comp Tac 6-8 months ago and I haven't had any solicitations other than the emails I signed up for.   The MTAC I'm using works awesome.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Uh-oh, do I sense another "christian persecustion" thread happening here??

(relax folks, its a joke in response to a trend on ARFCOM lately)
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:38:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Why should I have to spend extra $?  I don't think I'll be disappointed with the M-Tac.  They use better leather, cut the holster for the gun instead of making it universal, and cover the hardware on the back with another piece of leather.  

I've been doing business with Comp-tac for years now and they've never sold my info to anybody.  That said, I own 3 MTACs for a reason (and a variety of their other gear) and I think you'll be very happy with the Minotaur MTAC.  It's a fantastic holster.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I brought up the Crossbreed "crosses" and, as luck would have it, I'm a Christian.

It's nothing to do with religion.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I brought up the Crossbreed "crosses" and, as luck would have it, I'm a Christian.

It's nothing to do with religion.

No worries, I'm Christian as well I'm just poking fun at a couple of the threads in GD recently.  

I think you'll like the MTAC.  I have one  that I love and recommend them to anyone looking for a good quality IWB holster. I'm sure crossbreed makes a quality product as both have loyal followings here on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#47]
No ctac spam here and I've ordered a few things.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#48]
I've ordered a few things from them and no phone marketing, but then again, I gave them a vonage land-line phone number, not my cell phone.

I never give my cell phone # when ordering anything.  Last thing I need is for advertisements to start coming directly to my cell!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, I'll take them at their word that it isn't them.  I've received several emails from them today updating me on stuff.  Here's the latest:

Ragedracer,

My programmers still haven’t found anything but they’re still poking around. I was looking into a couple things myself and it’s possible it might be associated with your browser. Do you have all of the most recent updates on your internet browser (internet explorer, firefox, etc)? Sometimes there are security breaches and they will send out updates to patch the breaches. It is possible that somehow someone was able to snag some of your information as you were filling it out online. Just to be safe, I would suggest making sure you have all the most up to date updates on your internet browser and also your computer.

If I come across or hear anything else I will let you know.

Thanks,

Jenn K.

Sales/PR

Sounds like it's either my browser or just coincidence.  I'm leaning towards coincidence as I'm running fully updated Chrome.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well, I'll take them at their word that it isn't them.  I've received several emails from them today updating me on stuff.  Here's the latest:

Ragedracer,

My programmers still haven’t found anything but they’re still poking around. I was looking into a couple things myself and it’s possible it might be associated with your browser. Do you have all of the most recent updates on your internet browser (internet explorer, firefox, etc)? Sometimes there are security breaches and they will send out updates to patch the breaches. It is possible that somehow someone was able to snag some of your information as you were filling it out online. Just to be safe, I would suggest making sure you have all the most up to date updates on your internet browser and also your computer.

If I come across or hear anything else I will let you know.

Thanks,

Jenn K.

Sales/PR

Sounds like it's either my browser or just coincidence.  I'm leaning towards coincidence as I'm running fully updated Chrome.

Download Avira anti-virus personal, it's free. It will get any spyware, trojans, or any other crap that got on your computer from surfing porn.

It's the best free anti-virus program I have used to date. Make sure to update it often.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top