Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/5/2005 6:49:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2005 6:52:46 AM EDT by John_Wayne777]
I thought I had seen it all. I really did. Then, this morning as I was awakened by the alarm feature of the TV, I saw something so utterly stupid that I thougt I was dreaming.

Yes, the Sauna belt. Now I ask you, good people of ARFCOM, who on earth actually buys such an implement of torture? Who is actually so rediculously uninformed about the human body that they believe putting a bloody heating pad around your flabby waist sweats away "fat" as opposed to sweating away WATER WEIGHT? What idiot believes that dehydration is the ticket to weight loss??

And the "usage" of this insane thing is even MORE rediculous:

"Wear the Sauna Belt underneath your cloths [Their spelling, not mine...] as you go about your daily work routine or while jogging, golfing or gardening."

Well GEE WHIZ! Wear a device that makes you sweat buckets underneath your work clothes while at your job! Effortlessly sweat away pounds while sitting in an important meeting! I am sure all your co-workers will appreciate you sweating like a whore in church as you spend 8 or more hours around them!

And why not wear it while jogging? Forgive me for being dense, but if a person is JOGGING, then why on earth would they need some idiotic device to make them sweat "effortlessly"??? And do you notice that the darn thing has an ELECTRICAL PLUG??? How in the heck are you supposed to go jogging when you are tethered to an electrical outlet?

And the absolute BEST part:

"Decreased body fat may be achieved by the belt when used in conjunction with exercising."

Really? Gee whiz! You mean all I have to do is exercise wearing this monstrosity to loose fat?

Who BUYS THIS STUFF ANYWAY, AND WHY HAVEN'T WE PUT THEM IN A HOME YET?

Better still, who are the people who would buy such a thing and what useless piece of junk can I sell them to get rich????

How many outright lies can you tell about a silly product without being arrested for fraud???

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:55:21 AM EDT
Bumping.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:57:07 AM EDT
HAAAA
[/gump] thats all i have to say about that [/gump off]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:57:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:08:45 AM EDT

And why not wear it while jogging? Forgive me for being dense, but if a person is JOGGING, then why on earth would they need some idiotic device to make them sweat "effortlessly"??? And do you notice that the darn thing has an ELECTRICAL PLUG??? How in the heck are you supposed to go jogging when you are tethered to an electrical outlet?

You carry a 12-volt car battery and an inverter in your backpack. Duh.

Actually, I see stuff like this and hope it sells like hotcakes. There are far more dangerous ways that stupid people could be spending their money.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:09:25 AM EDT
Anyone dumb enough to buy it....deserves to be ripped off.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:11:19 AM EDT
That kind of reminds me of this:

www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail116.html
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:31:57 AM EDT
It's just that people are soooo lazy these days. They don't think being fat has anything to do with stuffing their mouth with too much food and sitting on the couch. Excercise and self-control are too hard, so they look for anything that will make them slim without actually doing work. Diet pills... "workout in a bottle" ... ab-energizer, stupid gimmicky "workout equipment" that lets you workout without actually doing work, etc. As long as there are lazy people, this stuff will sell like crazy.

Btw, I was at a Mariner's game a few days ago, and sat behind a couple of large cows. Guess how they started out the first inning? Fry bread aka "Elephant Ears"!! A couple innings later, they both were munching from their own large bags of candy! Mmmm... A couple innings later, and it was cotton candy time! Every time they started on something new I couldn't help but laugh. Then these people will tell their friends at work "But, I hardly ever eat anything!! I just have the fat gene".
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:55:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:14:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2005 9:19:23 AM EDT by Headless_T_Gunner]
Saw a guy wearing a sauna suit the other day jogging around noon. It was 97 degrees with high humidity and the sun was bearing down like a mo fo. He ran for about half hour and then took off the suit next to his car. He was wearing his clothes under the suit. His car had a fart can muffler and a wing on the trunk.

www.ballyfitness.com/rapid_results/expert_advice/product_tip_sheet/Exercises/saunasuit_ex.asp
Top Top