Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 5:50:07 PM EDT
Sheesh!  Talk about a drama queen.  If you REALLY wanted to off yourself there are quicker ways to do it bitch.

mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20040826p2a00m0dm005000c.html

Girl bitter at mom's remarriage imports gun to commit suicide

OSAKA -- A woman charged with importing a gun from Thailand has told police that she wanted to commit suicide in front of her mother because she couldn't forgive her for remarrying.

"I couldn't forgive my mother because she remarried without consulting me and her attitude suddenly became cold," Sachiyo Nakanishi, was quoted as telling Osaka Prefectural Police and customs officials.

"I thought I'd commit suicide in front of her eyes," added the 21-year-old student.

Nakanishi, who is under indictment on charges of violating the Firearms and Swords Control Law with Akihiro Tomikawa, 35, allegedly tried to import the gun and four bullets in June by wrapping the weapon in newspaper and hiding it inside the casing of a computer. The gun was detected at Kansai International Airport and seized.

Tomikawa has remained silent over his involvement in the case.

Investigators said Nakanishi took a trip to Thailand by herself in April, and searched for a gun but failed. After returning to Japan, she met Tomikawa, who has organized shooting and tank-riding tours in Thailand and is familiar with the country, and allegedly asked him to purchase a weapon.

The two reportedly met at a hotel in Bangkok on June 17, and Tomikawa sold Nakanishi the weapon and four bullets for 1.05 million yen, police said. (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, Aug. 26, 2004)
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Wouldn't she have only needed one bullet?  What's the other three for?  In case she missed?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
She coulda booked her and mom a trip to L.A. or something cheaper, I think.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wouldn't she have only needed one bullet?  What's the other three for?  In case she missed?

Why have a suicide when you can have a murder/suicide. Let everyone in on the party.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#4]
1.05 million yen = 9,585.539880 US Dollars.

$9000 gun 4x$400 bullets  

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I couldn't forgive my mother because she remarried without consulting me and her attitude suddenly became cold," Sachiyo Nakanishi, was quoted as telling Osaka Prefectural Police and customs officials.

I liked that part the best.

Yeah, great reason for a dirt nap.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#6]
somtimes you gotta do what you gotta do.....

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why have a suicide when you can have a murder/suicide. Let everyone in on the party.

She had enough for a triple murder/suicide.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sheesh!  Talk about a drama queen.  If you REALLY wanted to off yourself there are quicker ways to do it bitch.

Well she couldn't have very well commited Hiri Kiri after all it is the "Firearms and Swords Control Law"
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Sad. Truly sad.

She got major ripped off.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well she couldn't have very well commited Hiri Kiri after all it is the "Firearms and Swords Control Law"

Barred the use of a gun or a sword, I think I'd pick the tallest building in Tokyo with an observation deck and see if I could fly. It would kick ass, except for the part at the end.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#11]
4 Bullets?

4???

What was she gonna do with the other 3? Practice?

Yeesh..
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#12]
A rope would've been cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#13]
man why not get a RR colt for that kinda cash
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top