Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 9:27:56 AM EDT
My wife works as an accounting clerk at an industrial plumbing company where they use Peachtree software.  Since they've been treating her like shit she recently went out and found another job at a similar company.  

Currently she uses Peachtree software, but the new job will be using Timberline accounting software.  I've tried to find a "Timberline for Dummies" style book but keep coming up empty.  My wife really wants to have at least a basic famliarization with Timberline before she starts.

So, does anybody have any idea where to find such a book?

My wife has about one week left at her current job before starting the new one, so any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:07:43 AM EDT
[#3]
call timberline and ask them if there are any tutorials available.  or ask for a demo version and she can install it on her home computer
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:26:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Look around their webpage. Most of the training appears to be subscrption($790)
but there are demos listed. I didn't try downloading any of them, but take a look

www.sagetimberlineoffice.com/service/training/anytime.aspx
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow. Timberline's still around?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I already called the company and asked about technical training manuals.  They have their "knowledge base" online, but you have to be a registered owner of the software to access it.  Obviously this won't help my wife get spun up before she starts the job.

So, the question remains, does anybody know of a Timberline For Dummies style book?  Or is the software just too much of a niche market to warrant it's own book?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy crap, blast from the past.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top