Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 10:00:03 AM EDT
(who has the "not this shit again" picture... Insert -------> Here )

"`Cop killer' slugs seized
By Marie Szaniszlo
Friday, August 20, 2004

The seizure of hundreds of rounds of ``cop killer'' bullets and nearly $400,000 worth of pot in Roxbury has police looking for the cache's owners.
Area D-4 police and Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents found the marijuana and 800 rounds of armor-piercing bullets and other ammunition at an undisclosed location in lower Roxbury, Sgt. Daniel Keeler said yesterday.
``You have drugs, and you have weapons,'' Keeler said. ``Combine those two, and you have violence.''

The cache included 175 pounds of high-grade ganja, multi-round clips of ammunition capable of piercing many brands of bullet-proof vests, and hollow-point bullets, which expand on impact, increasing the likelihood of death.

``They can't get (this ammunition) in this state because of our gun laws, so it's probably coming from out of state,'' Keeler said. ``We are actively seeking those responsible.''
State Attorney General Tom Reilly is seeking an injunction against several Internet companies his office had ship scores of illegal weapons and ammunition to Massachusetts by simply filling out an online order form and providing a credit-card number.
    In the last three weeks alone, Boston police have teamed up with federal agents and state police and seized at least 16 guns and numerous rounds of ammunition.
    ``Operation Neighborhood Shield'' has also netted more than 150 arrests since a string of murders prompted law-enforcement agencies to counter the surge in violence with a new approach to crime in the city's poorest, most vulnerable neighborhoods. ``We're sharing information much more than we have in the past,'' Keeler said, ``. . . (and) we hope to be even more successful'' in the coming days."

news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=40657
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#1]

"Keeps me some cops...!"
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I plugged in "oh no not this shit again" an google images and got this:

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#5]

In the last three weeks alone, Boston police have teamed up with federal agents and state police and seized at least 16 guns and numerous rounds of ammunition.

Confiscation??
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

multi-round clips of ammunition capable of piercing many brands of bullet-proof vests, and hollow-point bullets, which expand on impact, increasing the likelihood of death.

``They can't get (this ammunition) in this state because of our gun laws, so it's probably coming from out of state,'' Keeler said. ``We are actively seeking those responsible.''

Wow, hollowpoints are forbidden in the great state of Mass.?

And one of there Senators wants to protect all of us???

What did they find, a rusty SKS and a Jennings .32?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#7]
New Jerksey prohibits hollowpoints as well. I refer to "Hollow Point" ammunition as "Safety Bullets" when ever I teach folks about ammo.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

multi-round clips of ammunition capable of piercing many brands of bullet-proof vests, and hollow-point bullets, which expand on impact, increasing the likelihood of death.

Wow, hollowpoints are forbidden in the great state of Mass.?

Nope, they're perfectly legal. I'm just shaking my head about the manner and language used by the "journalist" and the mis-representation and/or lack of knowledge used by the cop.

Thanks to IchWarrior for the pic.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Hollowpoints, etc are legal in MA.  The cop is talking out of his ass.  You have to have an LTC or FID to purchase or possess a firearm or ammunition.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Tagged 'cause I got work to do.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Can we please hack off the East coast and CA from US...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
New Jerksey prohibits hollowpoints as well. I refer to "Hollow Point" ammunition as "Safety Bullets" when ever I teach folks about ammo.

My understanding is that they're legal to sell and posess. Tthe NJ law regulates how a person carries, transports and uses them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#13]

They can't get (this ammunition) in this state because of our gun laws, so it's probably coming from out of state,''

Yep, Gun laws REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY Work, huh, asshole?

Just fucking unbelievable.

SG
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#14]
lord i hate mass
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
lord i hate mass

So say the rosary.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

They can't get (this ammunition) in this state because of our gun laws, so it's probably coming from out of state,''

Yep, Gun laws REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY Work, huh, asshole?

Just fucking unbelievable.

SG

Thats why guns and ammunition need to be controlled on the federal level.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top