Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 6:17:59 PM EDT
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/gunregistry/article/856086––ndp-rethinks-opposition-to-gun-registry

They are not going to show up eh.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]
The about-face is driven in part by tactics the Conservative government is employing as it tries to build support for killing the registry. One Conservative MP has accused Canada’s police chiefs of plotting to use the registry to seize Canadians’ rifles and shotguns.

If Kookier and Co got their way, they would do just that!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what a registry is all about.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]
"What's all this aboot?"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
At least one of the 12 New Democrats who supported the Conservative bill on second reading will change his vote.

MP Charlie Angus (Timmins-James Bay) said his “Granny Angus” didn’t raise him to run away from a fight and he will oppose Manitoba Conservative MP Candice Hoeppner’s bill during the final House of Commons vote, even though he supported it earlier.

“The Conservatives are unfortunately creating an impression that rural Canadians are somehow nut jobs, but they are not. For me, at the end of the day, I just don’t want to be standing beside these guys,” Angus said.

“At this point I am going to vote against this bill because I think the Conservatives … are treating Canadians as if they are fools on this.’’ .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top