Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/24/2004 7:30:48 AM EDT

KERRY PHONES SWIFT BOAT FOES

Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry personally phoned anti-Kerry swift boat vets, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Kerry reached out to Robert "Friar Tuck" Brant Cdr., USN (RET) Sunday night, just hours after former Sen. Bob Dole publicly challenged Kerry to apologize to veterans.

Brant was skipper of the #96 and # 36 boat and spent time with Kerry in An Thoi. Kerry and Brant slept in the same quarters, and Brant used to put Kerry back to bed at night when Kerry was sleepwalking.

Brant received a call from Kerry at his home in Virginia while he was watching the Olympics on TV.

The call lasted 10 minutes, sources tell DRUDGE.

KERRY: "Why are all these swift boat guys opposed to me?"

BRANT: "You should know what you said when you came back, the impact it had on the young sailors and how it was disrespectful of our guys that were killed over there.

[Brant had two men killed in battle.]

KERRY: "When we dedicated swift boat one in '92, I said to all the swift guys that I wasn't talking about the swifties, I was talking about all the rest of the veterans."

Kerry then asked if he could meet Brant -- man to man -- face to face.

Brant declined the invite, explaining that Kerry was obviously not prepared to correct the record on exactly what happened during Vietnam and what happened when Kerry came back.

Developing...

comment: Kerry Camp desperate
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#2]
[LA Confidential]They're waiting for him to mention money[/LA Confidential]

HAHAHA Kerry wishes it was only that!

KERRY: "When we dedicated swift boat one in '92, I said to all the swift guys that I wasn't talking about the swifties, I was talking about all the rest of the veterans."

MOTHERFUCKER!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#3]

BRANT: "You should know what you said when you came back, the impact it had on the young sailors and how it was disrespectful of our guys that were killed over there.

In other words Kerry is saying "I spit on EVERYONE else that served in VN *execpt* the guys were with me".

What fucking scumbag prick.

If this nation is so fucking stupid that they actually send this man to the White House then it's time for the S to HTF.  We will have fallen SO far from what we once were that it's time to start thinking seriously about starting over.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Oh, well why didn't you say so, that makes all the difference!

He just doesn't get it!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:38:03 AM EDT
[#5]
[scotty]"She canna' take ennymore, Cap'n!  She's gonna implode!"[/scotty]

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:38:04 AM EDT
[#6]
The shit is about to hit the fan, he's 30 minutes late for his own press conference, and Fox is reporting that he may admit his first purple heart was for a self inflicted wound. Man, this is almost as good as finding out Clinton was getting hummers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The shit is about to hit the fan, he's 30 minutes late for his own press conference, and Fox is reporting that he may admit his first purple heart was for a self inflicted wound. Man, this is almost as good as finding out Clinton was getting hummers.

Yeah, let's hope we see better results though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:42:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Kerry and Brant slept in the same quarters, and Brant used to put Kerry back to bed at night when Kerry was sleepwalking.

[Nelson] Ha Haa!! [/Nelson]  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

In other words Kerry is saying "I spit on EVERYONE else that served in VN *execpt* the guys were with me".

What fucking scumbag prick.

If this nation is so fucking stupid that they actually send this man to the White House then it's time for the S to HTF.  We will have fallen SO far from what we once were that it's time to start thinking seriously about starting over.

I agree!

If people can't see through this, then America deserves to go down the drain!

"When we dedicated swift boat one in '92, I said to all the swift guys that I wasn't talking about the swifties, I was talking about all the rest of the veterans."

I mean, come on! How old are we again? That sounds like something a 10 year old would say Sen. Kerry! What he should do is just man up and apologize, no ifs, ands, or buts!

My dad was in VN...3 tours...3 years...and he didn't commit ANY of of the acts you accused him and the 'other' veterans of!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:43:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I am starting to feel sorry for Kerry.
Like brer rabbit and the tar baby.  He is just covered and only making it worse!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:54:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Today's guest word is: hubris.

hu·bris    pronounced  (hybrs) also hy·bris (h-)
n.

Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance: “There is no safety in unlimited technological hubris” (McGeorge Bundy).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Greek, excessive pride, wanton violence. See ud- in Indo-European Roots.]

Tomorrow's word is: asshat.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

politics is good
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, I don't believe it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#14]
how disgusting...the guy is scum.

I found it an interesting point from Savage yesterday - if Kerry scored 3 PH, 1 BS and 1 SS in 3 months of active combat, that would make him one of the most highly decorated veterans in this country's history.

It is ironic that he is stanchly defending the medals he so willingly threw over the fence back at Congress and in the face of other veterans - he is a disgrace
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:00:10 AM EDT
[#15]
this is a great day
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#16]
too bad the first self-inflicted wound didnt finish the job
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Hey, come on Guys, I didn't mean YOU, I meant all those other ASSHOLES...!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Soooooooo...... If he is saying that other swiftboat vets cannot comment on what he did because they were not on the same boat as him, then how can he state that all other soldiers besides the "swifties" committed atrocities when he was not there. He is using a double standard. Not to mention the fact that he tries to discredit the ones against him by saying they were not on the boat, but when a story surfaces that helps him he acknowledges it as fact - even when that source comes from a different boat than his. But wait - how the hell can anyone be sure if they werent on that boat with him????

What a moron. He is sinking faster than the titanic. Bye Bye John John. You have dug your own grave.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

MOTHERFUCKER!

+1

So he's disrespecting my dad who was a medic assigned to treating burn victims during the war?!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

MOTHERFUCKER!

+1.....like "all the rest of the veterans" are somehow less deserving of respect than any of the others.  what a fuckin moron.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#21]
if this wasn't hurting kerry, he wouldn't be trying every thing he can to shut up the swifties.  mcole
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#22]
The Kerry speech got dropped by Fox after 8 min and cnn after 10 min msnbc never coverd it. nobody can cover the BS Kerry spews

Hahahahahahahahaha! Everyone dropped his live speech! Hahahahahahahahahaha! What a loser!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Today's guest word is: hubris.

hu·bris    pronounced  (hybrs) also hy·bris (h-)
n.

Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance: “There is no safety in unlimited technological hubris” (McGeorge Bundy).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Greek, excessive pride, wanton violence. See ud- in Indo-European Roots.]

And the Bible says, Pride cometh before a Fall.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Link?  Nothing on the FOX site.  Who on FOX stated the speculation about that?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#25]
The DUers are going nuts.

8. Damn, everyone has cut away. CNN, FAUX, not on C-span

9. Can you believe this shit?

8. F*uckers cut him off!!

www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x773065#773103
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#26]
With the Banjos playing in the background........"You got a right pretty mouth there johnnie boy."

Fuck kerry...it's to late for any ammount of dicksucking to make it all go away.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The DUers are going nuts.

8. Damn, everyone has cut away. CNN, FAUX, not on C-span

9. Can you believe this shit?

8. F*uckers cut him off!!

www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x773065#773103

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Kerry ain't qualified to suck sweat off a monkey's nutsack let alone be a Senator-if this bastard is elected all bets are off for the future of this republic-shit the betting for the future of this country started downward after Jimmy Carter fucked everything up.....get ready for a Brave New World
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#30]

What a God Damned low life POS!!!  Just when I thought he couldn't crawl any lower, he proves me wrong.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:24:02 AM EDT
[#31]
You know what the difference is between the SwiftVets and Kerry?  The SwiftVets aren't running around bragging about what huge war heros they are.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
drudgereport.com/siren.gif

KERRY PHONES SWIFT BOAT FOES

Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry personally phoned anti-Kerry swift boat vets, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Kerry reached out to Robert "Friar Tuck" Brant Cdr., USN (RET) Sunday night, just hours after former Sen. Bob Dole publicly challenged Kerry to apologize to veterans.

Brant was skipper of the #96 and # 36 boat and spent time with Kerry in An Thoi. Kerry and Brant slept in the same quarters, and Brant used to put Kerry back to bed at night when Kerry was sleepwalking.

Brant received a call from Kerry at his home in Virginia while he was watching the Olympics on TV.

The call lasted 10 minutes, sources tell DRUDGE.

KERRY: "Why are all these swift boat guys opposed to me?"

Kerry then asked if he could meet Brant -- man to man -- face to face.

Brant declined the invite, explaining that Kerry was obviously not prepared to correct the record on exactly what happened during Vietnam and what happened when Kerry came back.

Developing...

comment: Kerry Camp desperate

Oh, so he was calling ME a war criminal!  He was on a boat for 3 1/2 months, but somehow managed to find evidense for war crimes, throughout the country, against hundreds of thousands of veterans he never met...I HATE THAT COCKSUCKING LIAR!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Go to:  www2.swiftvets.com/index.php?topic=KerryONeill

Then click on "Streaming Video of the Debate"
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
You know what the difference is between the SwiftVets and Kerry?  The SwiftVets aren't running around bragging about what huge war heros they are.

GunLvr

That, and, their story doesn't change like the wind.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:00:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Goxxxamit JHP, you is one of those f'g liars.  Distorting the facts to make him look bad.  Everybody knows those were only  HIS ribbons, he threw somebody else's medals.    Everything else must be bogus then.

BTW duh moved the thread to the Campaing 2004 section

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x660677
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#36]
And the Kerry implosion continues and speeds up. How much longer until he has a nervous breakdown? Will he make it until the Swiftees really turn up the heat?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Yes but what is this doing to the poll numbers?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Considering how close this election is and considering how many Veterans we have in this nation (over 1 million Americans served in the Vietnam theatre alone), a 10 point drop is significant. I mean think of all those who have served this nation. If you could gain say, 10% of those to your side, that could be the election right there. Of course most veterans support republicans anyway by in large, but the 10 point drop was among those who previously had a favorable opinion of Kerry.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#40]

A man died and went to heaven.  As he stood in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him. He asked, "What are all those clocks?"   St. Peter answered, "Those are Lie-Clocks.  Everyone on Earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie the hands on your clock will move." "Oh," said the man, "whose clock is that?" "That's Mother Teresa's.  The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie.  "Incredible," said the man. "And whose clock is that one?"  St. Peter responded, "That's Abraham Lincoln's clock.  The hands have moved twice, telling us that Abe told only two lies in his entire life."   "Where's John Kerry's clock?" asked the man. "His clock is in God's office.  He's using it as a ceiling fan."
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Down 10 points with veterans, about 48% of undecideds who see the ad consider it credible.  I think its doing quite a bit of damage... most of it multiplied by Kerry's response.

I dont doubt you but do you have a source please?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I am starting to feel sorry for Kerry.
Like brer rabbit and the tar baby.  He is just covered and only making it worse!

I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He's a lying, self serving, moron prick, who's getting exactly what he asked for.

Oh, poor Kerry, they are telling the truth on him and picking on him. Screw him. He had Michael "fat ass" Moore make a whole MOVIE about Bush. Kerry and all his little marxist moron buddies attacking Bush for a long time. Now it comes around that people want to tell the truth on Lying Crying Kerry and he cries foul.

All he is, is a immature little toad trying to play to a bunch of short sided idiots who don't want to see any truth at all. If Kerry told them that the sky was green, they would all say, "Wow, I never notice it, but he's right." And it would be pitch dark out. Morons! All of them.

Kerry tries to take our GOD GIVEN RIGHT, our only way of self defense and our hobby cause it scares him. He lies to us. Belittles us and he expects us to vote for him? F%%% HIM!

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
...I said to all the swift guys that I wasn't talking about the swifties, I was talking about all the rest of the veterans."...

+ (whatever the next number is)

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...I said to all the swift guys that I wasn't talking about the swifties, I was talking about all the rest of the veterans."...

+ (whatever the next number is)

This should sway many Vietnam vets who were (supposedly) supporting him. This is such a slap in the face for them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Heh came up with this a few days ago.  "Kerry Kerry quite contrary"  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I liked the part in the NY Post article where they asked if any of the pro Kerry vets could validate his claim of Christmas in Cambodia and none of them could.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#49]
I heard mention on freerepublic that directly contacting a 527 group is ILLEGAL per the campaign finance reform act.

Don't know if it is true and even if it is, we all know damn well that no one will do a damn thing about it...

Can anyone confirm?
-LS
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top