Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2015 11:38:56 AM EDT
Protesters outside Oakland mayor’s house

Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf

Protesters gathered outside the home of Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf early Monday morning, saying they were giving her a “people’s inauguration” on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Around 50 demonstrators descended on the home around 5 a.m. to express frustrations that Schaaf spent her first day as mayor with Oakland police. They also said her time on the Oakland City Council contributed to gentrification.

The group stood in a circle and chanted through bullhorns outside the home in the city’s Upper Dimond neighborhood while illuminating tall letters spelling out “DREAM” in honor of King’s famous 1963 speech in Washington D.C.
View Quote

“This is the people’s alarm,” said one protester. “You chose to spend your first day as mayor with the Oakland Police Department, a force that has terrorized the black community since its inception.”

Karissa Lewis, 32, of Oakland said protesters likely would have been outside the mayor's home even if she hadn't spent time with police her first day.
View Quote

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Protesters-outside-Oakland-mayor-s-house-6024982.php

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, at least there were black people at this BLM Commie demonstration.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#2]
These three letter abreviations are getting confusing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I came in here expecting protestors protesting about the Bureau of Land Management, so imagine my confusion when I read this instead.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe if they stopped committing crime the po-po would quit fucking with them

#HoodCulture
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I was pretty confused when I started reading. I couldn't figure out why people protesting the Bureau of Land Management gave a shit about Oakland.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Turning on their own. Delicious.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I came in here expecting protestors protesting about the Bureau of Land Management, so imagine my confusion when I read this instead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BoweL Movement?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#8]
If black lives matter why do blacks keep killing each other?  Year to date in Chicago 14 blacks killed 14 blacks zero white killers so far.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#9]
what the hell is third world for black power?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#10]
what does this have to do with the bureau of land management?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was pretty confused when I started reading. I couldn't figure out why people protesting the Bureau of Land Management gave a shit about Oakland.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.
Fucking alphabet soup.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oakland's new mayor is a hell of a lot better than the last couple... The photo with their arms inside the pipes is at the federal building downtown...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#14]
MLK is spinning in his grave.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha me too.

As far as the Oakland Mayor, not guilty
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If black lives matter why do blacks keep killing each other?  Year to date in Chicago 14 blacks killed 14 blacks zero white killers so far.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oakland 80 Homicides at the end of 2014.
5 murders already in 2015.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#18]
What would happen if someone casually strolled up to those handcuffed together assholes and threw one end of a chain over the pipe then walked to a pickup and attached the other end to the tow hook?
I don't mean drive away, just do it to watch them freak out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

What would happen if someone casually strolled up to those handcuffed together assholes and threw one end of a chain over the pipe then walked to a pickup and attached the other end to the tow hook?

View Quote
They did something like that in Vidor, Tx. Worked out bad for all involved.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yuuup
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
MLK is spinning in his grave.
View Quote

Why?  This is what he wanted.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#24]
The monster they've spawned is turning on its makers.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

do you mean jasper tx?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oakland's new mayor is a hell of a lot better than the last couple... The photo with their arms inside the pipes is at the federal building downtown...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That may be so, but she needs to feel what her team really is about.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.
Fucking alphabet soup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.
Fucking alphabet soup.

Same here.  

As another poster mentioned, if black lives mattered, why are blacks killing so many of their own?  It's distraction and the embracing of victimization.  Not our fault!  It's da man!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#28]
I thought BLM was Bureau Land Management, then I realized it was black lives matter, the instantaneous running out of fucks to give was mind blowing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#29]
But she was asking for the beatings to more inclusive.....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Same here.  

As another poster mentioned, if black lives mattered, why are blacks killing so many of their own?  It's distraction and the embracing of victimization.  Not our fault!  It's da man!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.
Fucking alphabet soup.

Same here.  

Because by and large, they are told what to be outraged at.

There is no political leverage or money to be gained by protesting black on black crime, their "organizers" turn the other cheek, because frankly, I doubt they really care.

But when they can get large groups of people together and convince them that whites/conservatives/western civilization/whatever you want to call it is "holding them down" and get the pack mentality of a large amount of group thinkers in one place and ensure they stay riled up.

Just ask yourself this.  If we really were a "post racial society" like the liberals try to tell people is their goal, where would people like Al Sharpton and his like be?  I guarantee you he wouldn't have his own show on MSNBC, he wouldn't be considered one of the "powerful people in America," and so on.  The life blood of his relevance is class and racial warfare.  

Also, ask yourself this.  Why have so many of the "black lives matter" protests turned into anti-capitalism protests?  Once again, it is about money/power, as illustrated above, and political leverage.  The people on the far left that want to eliminate Western Culture from America (ie, communists) see the "black lives matter" movement and use them as the face of their movement too, which is why you have seen a lot of Revcom signs at the events, not to mention a lot of the protests were against people shopping at Christmas time, and absolutely 0 to do with police or "black lives."

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#31]
One of them needs a much longer shirt.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:07:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

same here.. LOL
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#33]
does anybody have a fuck i can give, fresh out..
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Who wants to bet me that there was not a single job among any of them? Any takers?

Those morons from "TurdWorldUnite".... I would love to walk right through their bullshit linking of their arms and break their Chain and then watch them piss themselves when they couldn't do shit about it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
what does this have to do with the bureau of land management?
View Quote

I didn't think the brother's camp, hunt or hike.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Still waiting for that "I Have A Job" demonstration.

THEN I'll be impressed. Til then, lazy useless turds are all they are.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#38]
The kid in me found it amusing that her name is Libby and she's a liberal, Libby the liberal, haha...
Anyway, I'm glad they're making it more clear that they support the Black Power movement, and thus make it abundantly clear they are basically just a black version of the kkk and they are all about racism to benefit themselves.  It amazes me that the the civil rights movement, the goal of people not being viewed by the color of their skin but by their character is so lost on these people.  It's crazy, they're all about skin color, defending and ignoring crime committed by black people and projecting their own racist views onto all cops and lumping groups of people together.  I think this absurdity is manifest spiritual blindness, "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." - 2 Cor. 4:4 niv
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't think they are going to accomplish anything.  Especially if they think teh root of the problem is the police and not criminal behavior.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah... saw that too.  Horrifying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Black lives matter.

Diet, not so much
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

The monster they've spawned is turning on its makers.
View Quote
Oh yeah, I'm giddy about this.  I know its a stretch, but what if we get enough of the black population to swear off voting for Democrats, we might buy this country some extra time.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a couple in that line-up that could use a fashion make over.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The kid in me found it amusing that her name is Libby and she's a liberal, Libby the liberal, haha...

Anyway, I'm glad they're making it more clear that they support the Black Power movement, and thus make it abundantly clear they are basically just a black version of the kkk and they are all about racism to benefit themselves.  It amazes me that the the civil rights movement, the goal of people not being viewed by the color of their skin but by their character is so lost on these people.  It's crazy, they're all about skin color, defending and ignoring crime committed by black people and projecting their own racist views onto all cops and lumping groups of people together.  I think this absurdity is manifest spiritual blindness, "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." - 2 Cor. 4:4 niv
View Quote

Better yet, quote Romans 13.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I saw these stupid fucks walking down the street when I went to the bar after my hockey game in Downtown Oakland. I just started laughing.

If black lives mattered to black people they would look at other black people and tell them to quit slaughtering black people. It's the communities own cultural problem, and I won't give the remotest fuck about that problem until they make strides to take responsibility for their own actions instead of pawning it off onto other people because it's easier.

Most of the protestors in Oakland are likely out of the burbs from vallejo, concord, walnut creek, pinole, hercules, albany and berkeley. Bunch of fucking middle-class born wash-outs who are failing at finding at purpose in life and have to attach to someone else misbegotten cause in order to make themselves feel better about their stupid miserable fucking wasted lives.

Fuck those guys.

Fuck the bay area.

Fuck Holder.

Fuck Obama.

Fuck every cocksucker so immature they're unwilling to take responsibility and exact control over their own lives.

ETA: I missed Sharpton. Fuck that guy too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.  Figured she'd pissed off the game wardens somehow.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:55:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:59:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah I was wondering what the Bureau of Land Management was doing in Oakland.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:11:36 AM EDT
[#48]
If she is buddy buddy with the PD, maybe she can get the cops to get those assholes out of her yard.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:18:02 AM EDT
[#49]
dat gut
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:23:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

dindu-muffin
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top