Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2003 12:59:01 PM EDT
Do you see many folks carrying unconcealed in Arizona? or do you open carry? Is it legal to have,& carry a switch blade in your state? & what is the legal blade length for carry there?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do you see many folks carrying unconcealed in Arizona? or do you open carry? Is it legal to have,& carry a switch blade in your state? & what is the legal blade length for carry there?
View Quote

You see people open carrying but not terribly often. Myself and some biker friends open carry sometimes when riding. It does seem to gain you a lil more respect from cage drivers. I've heard some folk say it's asking for trouble. I'm not sure I agree with that. I have my CCW and prefer to conceal when I can. At this time of year that can be difficult. When it's 110 degrees and I wanna jump on my Harley as I am today, I'm in 501s and a muscle shirt. Kinda hard to hide my glock 30 in this garb so it's slapped in my paddle holster and away we go.

Here ya go. Me in the summer on my Harley
[url]http://community.webshots.com/photo/78286947/78477167THcYdd[/url]

Pocket knives may be carried out of sight without a permit but the Attorney General's opinion is that this only includes pocket knives with blades that do not exceed four inches in length. Arizona statutes do not address the issue of switchblades but, as a minimum, it is likely that the concealed carry of any switchblade with a blade longer than four inches would also require a concealed weapon permit.
They do sell switchblades here in the gunstores. I know the Outdoorsman in Mesa has them.
A good source for carry laws in the different states is [url]www.packing.org[/url]

--RR

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I lived there for four years just recently and I only saw it two times.

When you refer to a switch blade are you actually talking about a stilleto that opens from the side or are you refering to a real switch blade that opens directly from the top of the knife handle by moving up and down with the push of a button?  Just curious.  I've been trying to find an actual switch blade for a while now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive seen quite a few people open carry around Phoenix.  It hardly raises an eyebrow.

Arizona has virtually no knife laws, except the 4inch concealed law.  You can own auto knives and switchblades.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Myself and most of my friends open carry almost every day.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

When you refer to a switch blade are you actually talking about a stilleto that opens from the side or are you refering to a real switch blade that opens directly from the top of the knife handle by moving up and down with the push of a button?  Just curious.  I've been trying to find an actual switch blade for a while now.
View Quote

The automatic knives I've seen are typical folding blades that hinge open when you push the button. I've never seen one having a blade the projects out the end if that's what you mean? I myself carry a non-automatic Benchmade 910s. I can "flick it open into a locked position as quick as anyone armed with a switchblade. Doesn't matter how fast you can open it anyway. It's weather you have the skill and nerve to use.
--RR
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

i see folks carrying open very infrequently, i carry open very seldom. Usually i use my thunderwear to carry in the summer.
Auto knoves are legal here, and the 4" rule applies.
as far as "switchblades" any knife that opens automaticaly either from the side, or out the front, is considered a switchblade.
try looking here [url]http://gunbroker.com/auction/Browse.asp?Cat=3078&Timeframe=0&Page=1&Items=50[/url]
a real nice OTF knife is the paragon ATKO 10. or if youve got the money a microtech HALO
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

... Yes, it's Arizona after all
... and yes I have/do
... Yes, automatic knives are legal
... As long as you need
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I carry either a Glock 17/Fobus, A Kimber/Galco Leather 3 diff holsters, or my Beretta 92/Galco
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh and the retention strap holsters are crap, and barely add any retention unless your talking about a Safariland Level III duty rig.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What type of equipment do you use to open-carry?  Some sort of retention/strap holster or just the regular Kydex "quick-draw" type models?
View Quote

I carry in the COP 3 slot.  It rides high so I can pull my shirt over it if I'm in line at the grocery store or somewhere else confined.

I never use the kydex anymore because it doesn't simulate duty/carry gear, and I try to keep my draw consistant.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#13]

You can't carry firearms in public places that serve alcohol.

I don't see many people carrying firearms in public.

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You can't carry firearms in public places that serve alcohol.

View Quote

You can't carry firearms in public places that sell alcohol for consumption on Premis.  I personally carry everywhere I go regardless of what they sell.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#15]
are you refering to a real switch blade that opens directly from the top of the knife handle by moving up and down with the push of a button?
View Quote
I have a super automatic that operates just like you say. The only problem I have with it,is it appears to be a cheaply made knife from the orient via Tijuana. But it does work. I don't see to many open carries in my area unless you go to Oatman...all types up there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top