User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try looking at the real deal now:

New Army Service Uniforms

Ugh, two shades of dark blue and with white shirts?  WTF.  They're trying to make the Army look like the Air Farce.  Army should wear green with green.  Period.z

The Army should wear blue - specifically the dress blues we have right now...

The pickle suit needs to go...

Link Posted: 1/29/2010 11:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Getting ready for the coming out parties in the various branches ......the new army dress blues are just swishy and right on time..iodine on finger and put down throat to puke

Puke would be better associated with the current A's...

As in 'puke green'...

Link Posted: 1/29/2010 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still don't like it.

Me either
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 11:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
The new Army class A's are a shit soup sandwich.  And I thought the Green A's were bad!  Troops should look like troops.  We should take a lesson from the Germans on how to make them look like troops should look.  As fucked up as the nazis were, they knew how to design a fucking uniform.  

This mismatched leisure suit 70s look is a bad joke.  Fitting to be adopted during the current regime I guess.  All the pics look like the taylor took the day off and the cook slapped something together.  

Maybe once they do away with DADT the queers will come out and fix the damned thing.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 11:48:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Those look an awful lot like Marine dress blues

With many more patches, stickers, bells, whistles, flags, ropes, chains and streamers
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I still think the Beret is retarded.  It was a symbol of an elite military force, that required special training and a rigorous spirit, a sharpened mind, and a tough body.  

And now we have even the dishwasher's in the mess halls wearing them.  No offense to Military Dishwashers, but its hardly a post worthy of such a traditionally lauded symbol of bad-assery.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell, let's go all the way back to the Zouave look.

/thuper
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Everybody is SPECIAL now.  

Fuck that.  Give em a hat.  Beret wearing is for Frogs and Jean-Claude VanDamme wannwbes.  

Hats have brims to shade the eyes from sunlight and let you see the enemy.
Hats keep the elements out at least a bit.
Hats make a statement about the wearer.  The beret actually does this, but the statement isn't what they intended.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 12:00:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://www.76thpenn.100thpenn.com/76th.jpg

/thuper

Naaah, Let's go back to the Revolution or the war of 1812.  Much better designs from a visual perspective.  Not so good functionality though.  Hmmm...
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 12:28:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

With many more patches, stickers, bells, whistles, flags, ropes, chains and streamers

Even the Brits keep their blues simple

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 12:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 12:35:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The old Army khaki uniforms were much nicer looking.

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 12:40:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The old Army khaki uniforms were much nicer looking.

http://www.raabcollection.com/Resources/Images/Manuscripts/BigImages/large_EisnehowerinUniform44.jpg

Now that is a nice dress uniform!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 12:41:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.76thpenn.100thpenn.com/76th.jpg

/thuper

Naaah, Let's go back to the Revolution or the war of 1812.  Much better designs from a visual perspective.  Not so good functionality though.  Hmmm...

Yeah, they were much better looking uniforms than those the Army has now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 1:07:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Guess I'm the black sheep, but I like the regular old green class A's.  I think they look very sharp and professional.

+1 But from what I read in the link provided, it will be discontinued in the year 2014

I guess the army wants 1 field uniform and 1 dress uniform. The Marines seem to be happy with 2 field uniforms and 2 dress uniforms. I always like several of the Navy uniforms and how they had several different kinds for summer, winter, dress, etc. The army beret and boots with the dress blue uniform looks terrible.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 1:09:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess I'm the black sheep, but I like the regular old green class A's.  I think they look very sharp and professional.

+1 But from what I read in the link provided, it will be discontinued in the year 2014

I guess the army wants 1 field uniform and 1 dress uniform. The Marines seem to be happy with 2 field uniforms and 2 dress uniforms. I always like several of the Navy uniforms and how they had several different kinds for summer, winter, dress, etc. The army beret and boots with the dress blue uniform looks terrible.

That's it. I'm officially resigning. Thanks FGG.

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 1:12:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Marine have 3 field (Woodland, Arid and Arctic) versions of the MCCUUs, 2 Dress (dress blue and evening dress) and 1 service (the green and tan service alphas).
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 1:17:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Except for the cunt cap, yeah. I wish they'd keep the green, and go back to the peaked cap for EMs and NCOs as well as officers.

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 1:26:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Looks like a police honor guard uniform...

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 1:28:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Though I am probably in the minority, I actually greatly preferred the tan (or khaki) uniforms to either the "pickle suit" or current blues. IMHO, it just looks better.

Here's an example of General Westmoreland sporting a set of dress tans......

Nice. Neat. Simple.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 1:30:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you planning to stay for 20 yrs?  Do you even wear them often, other than Christmas parties and promotions/award ceremonies, I guess wearing a dress uniform might not matter whatever it looks like. A friend of mine, a retired LTC, used to work at one of the small bases in the Washington D.C., I can't recall the name of the fort but it was in northern Virginia and he had to wear dress uniforms all the time. I'll have to ask him what he thinks, he may not care, he just likes to golf in Savannah, Georgia all day now.

Another friend of mine is retiring in 2 years. I told him I thought his new ACUs were yucky, last year and he laughed and said they were comfortable and he didn't think it looked that bad. His wife doesn't really care, she just wants him to retire ASAP so they can move to San Antonio, TX. I'll ask what he thinks, although he'll be out before the switch.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 1:33:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you planning to stay for 20 yrs?  Do you even wear them often, other than Christmas parties and promotions/award ceremonies, I guess wearing a dress uniform might not matter whatever it looks like. A friend of mine, a retired LTC, used to work at one of the small bases in the Washington D.C., I can't recall the name of the fort but it was in northern Virginia and he had to wear dress uniforms all the time. I'll have to ask him what he thinks, he may not care, he just likes to golf in Savannah, Georgia all day now.

Another friend of mine is retiring in 2 years. I told him I thought his new ACUs were yucky, last year and he laughed and said they were comfortable and he didn't think it looked that bad. His wife doesn't really care, she just wants him to retire ASAP so they can move to San Antonio, TX.

We'll see. I'm dropping a packet for flight school when I get back. I'll wear anything they tell me to if I can fly choppers. BTW, Savannah and San Antonio are 2 of the coolest cities in the country.

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 1:47:19 AM EDT
[#23]
No Tab = No Beret.  As it was and as it should always be in my Army.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 1:52:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Is that your way of saying:"It could be worse."

And where in the flying fuck does the question mark go in that sentence?
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 1:57:04 AM EDT
[#26]
My Son in Law got his last August for their wedding - I'm glad it wasn't this POS
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 2:26:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugh, two shades of dark blue and with white shirts?  WTF.  They're trying to make the Army look like the Air Farce.  Army should wear green with green.  Period.z

+1
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 2:30:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Except for the cunt cap, yeah. I wish they'd keep the green, and go back to the peaked cap for EMs and NCOs as well as officers.

+1
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 2:43:03 AM EDT
[#29]
berets just go with the whole new OPENLY gay military so well Look for a rainbow ribbon in the near future.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 3:06:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Dump the beret...

Yes, I've always thought the Beret looked like crap

The Marine cover (Standard Hat) look Far better

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 3:23:18 AM EDT
[#31]
These should be a hit at the Mall and South Beach.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 3:23:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Sorry , just give up. the Army can't compete with the Marine dress blues uniform. Jesus designed that uniform just for Marines so it would be garunteed that nobody would ever look better than they would.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 3:24:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
berets just go with the whole new OPENLY gay military so well Look for a rainbow ribbon in the near future.

You mean the Army Service Ribbon?

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 3:26:23 AM EDT
[#34]
gay
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 3:33:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah, that looks better.
The first rendering took too much from Marine dress blues.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 3:43:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean the Army Service Ribbon?

http://i46.tinypic.com/2i6ib6g.jpg

Goddamnit I have one of those.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 4:24:55 AM EDT
[#37]
What is it with the changing uniforms all the time. Next thing you know they'll be making changes to keep up with next season's fashion. I would have though t that the funds would be butter put towards the war...
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Why does he have a freakishly big EIB?!?
And no combat patch huh?

Because it's not real..

The real 'new' dress uniform, is a slightly modified version of the (very) old blues.

And yes, no combat patch (last I heard).

They have a badge you wear on the right pocket instead of a patch on the sleeve.  I saw them at Ft Dix.  Females wear the badge on their belt line, I think the patch on the sleeve is a much better way to go.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
cool, you play with crayons

Okay here's a pic

http://www.armytimes.com/xml/news/2008/08/army_newblueuniform_082008w/081908at_ClassB_male.JPG

Boots are worn with dress uniforms?  Pants tucked into the boots?

WTF is this, looks like an old Coast Guard outfit
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#40]
I agree!  

If you want to look like a Marine...Man up and become a Marine!

All the services need to have dress uniforms that make them look independent and honor the history of the respective service.

Ours does...right Marines!!

Semper fi!
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Boots are worn with dress uniforms? Pants tucked into the boots?

WTF is this, looks like an old Coast Guard outfit

The jump boots are only authorized for airborne and a few other special units.

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Looks nothing like Marine Dress Blues...

...but is also looks nothing like the US Army Service / Dress or whatever we are supposed to call it now.

I swear, some people fixate on the collar of the Marine Dress Blues, as if that wasn't the basic collar design of hundreds of different countries uniforms up to the '30s - up to and including the Army.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What is it with the changing uniforms all the time. Next thing you know they'll be making changes to keep up with next season's fashion. I would have though t that the funds would be butter put towards the war...

That uniform has been the same since maybe the late '60s.  All we did was phase out the old green service "Class A" and adopt the blues to wider use, the peanut gallery's incomprehension notwithstanding.

The idea of a tan/green uniform came about in an era when we deployed and served in war zones in that uniform.  It has been obsolete ever since, and it is due time we got rid of it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#44]
The current dress blues look fantastic. The beret and in some cases jump boots in the pictures on the Army's ASU website look awful from my civilian perspective.

They should model it after The Old Guard. Obviously considerations need to be made since they put an insane amount of preparation/tailoring into their uniforms. Take a page from the Marines and wear it with a minimum of flair.

Fantastic, one of the best uniforms of the US Military:

If they want a green dress uniform to wear berets/jump boots with bring this back, another fantastic uniform:

Instead they picked this:

Good god.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still don't like it.

Sooooo....basically you can put shit on your white shirt in Dress Blues, blouse your pants if you are Airborne.  I hate it.

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#46]
dumping the greens was smart.
Nobody wears them anymore.
We have been wearing a blue service uniform longer than any other branch of service.
We have always had the blue service uniform.
The greens/pinks/greens etc were considered a business casual uniform to be worn daily.

The green uniform has been an awful abortion since the 1970s when we adopted the air force cut with polyester.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The current dress blues look fantastic. The beret and in some cases jump boots in the pictures on the Army's ASU website look awful from my civilian perspective.

They should model it after The Old Guard. Obviously considerations need to be made since they put an insane amount of preparation/tailoring into their uniforms. Take a page from the Marines and wear it with a minimum of flair.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2z4bafr.jpg

If they want a green dress uniform to wear berets/jump boots with bring this back, another fantastic uniform:

http://i48.tinypic.com/70w9jl.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/123umm8.jpg

Good god.

The old guard does not wear any sort of special uniform.

They wear the very Dress Blue uniform that is now also the service "Class A" uniform!

Only now it has a "Class B" variant, and provisions to sew on combat stripes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Good god.

Other than beret and jump boots (which has always been gay in blues) whats the difference between the top picture and the bottom.
They are the same uniform except one has full sized medals and the other has ribbons.

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Why is the Army NCO wearing USMC Gunnery SGT rank in the imbecilic crayon drawing?
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good god.

The old guard does not wear any sort of special uniform.

They wear the very Dress Blue uniform that is now also the service "Class A" uniform!

Only now it has a "Class B" variant, and provisions to sew on combat stripes.

Yeah but they don't wear it with a bunch of stuff on it, nor do they wear it with a beret. Also the belt on the jacket is an interesting feature. I think it is all the stuff on pockets that make it look cluttered. The drill sergeant badge on his right pocket and whatever that is on his left pocket plus whatever that cord on his left shoulder is.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top