Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 10:51:31 PM EDT
The "my body my choice" abortion argument got me to thinking... since siamese twins are technically one body, what if one twin was able to go in for an operation that removed the other twin's head (he'd have to do it on the sly of course)?  It's his own body right? Would that be murder?

What if he chopped off the other twin's fingers or toes? Would it be assault or self mutilation?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#1]
This thread can only end in tears... a lock and possibly a ban.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This thread can only end in tears... a lock and possibly a ban.

+1

Not quite sure how that would work, but it will probably piss a few people off.

IBTL
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The "my body my choice" abortion argument got me to thinking... since siamese twins are technically one body, what if one twin was able to go in for an operation that removed the other twin's head (he'd have to do it on the sly of course)?  It's his own body right? Would that be murder?

What if he chopped off the other twin's fingers or toes? Would it be assault or self mutilation?

Usually, if the twins are still connected they die within hours of each other...but this thread is interesting...I hope you're not banned or anything like the others are saying...I find this somewhat...fascinating.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]
ibtl

can he go screw himself/herself?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#6]
It would be a hard choice. Kinda like cutting off an arm or leg.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:20:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Someone smack him repeatedly.  Unless he is a siamese twin.  Then it is just plain wrong...
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:22:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Freedom of choice?

Suicide?

Ibtl
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:42:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ibtl

can he go screw himself/herself?

why would you say that, thats really weak and childish

can we not talk about the things we want or are we to be muted in our quest for answers by weak minded fools?, he asked a valid question, answer him or don't post. The twins share a body, then joint ownership, if the twins have seperate bodys yet are joined then assault would happen if one twin hurt the other, and I believe if they are both of sound mind, then a agreement would have to happen before risk of seperation.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:49:38 AM EDT
[#10]
What if one twin commited a crime & the other didn't?  Would they both end up in jail???  If both served time in prison how would they abide the "no association with other felons" parole conditions????  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#11]
What if one was gay and the other was straight and they have only one butt hole?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:56:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What if one twin commited a crime & the other didn't?  Would they both end up in jail???  If both served time in prison how would they abide the "no association with other felons" parole conditions????  

Ya gotta love ARFCOM!

If one twin committed suicide, it's kill the other. That'd make it a murder-suicide, wouldn't it?

Oh, IBTL
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:01:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:03:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Tag. Very interesting.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:07:48 AM EDT
[#15]
 Tough call.  Generally with unseparated siamese twins if one dies, they both die...should they happen to live past the first days of their lives.  I'm sure the circulation issue of one heart trying to pump blood through both bodies would cause massive internal organ failure in the living twin and cause their demise as well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:37:09 AM EDT
[#16]
hmm depends on what the actual connections are.  Kind of a permanent "Weekend at Bernies"

I guess you could put casters on the casket, otherwise the folks at the local market might not be happy when you both arrived.  Specially after a few weeks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Deep thoughts
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What if one was gay and the other was straight and they have only one butt hole?

then I guess they're both screwed
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:40:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
hmm depends on what the actual connections are.  Kind of a permanent "Weekend at Bernies"

I guess you could put casters on the casket, otherwise the folks at the local market might not be happy when you both arrived.  Specially after a few weeks.

Well that's just it.... most siamese twins living cannot be separated because they share a major blood supply.  The other body might be brain dead but I don't know if you could literally KILL your siamese twin without killing yourself.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

If one molested the other would it be incest or just a very weird form of masturbation??????
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that's just it.... most siamese twins living cannot be separated because they share a major blood supply.  The other body might be brain dead but I don't know if you could literally KILL your siamese twin without killing yourself.

Surgically remove his head (and patch it up so no blood loss)? (And I'm thinking of being joined by something other than the head here).  Then you'd have to lug around his body all the time.  But, you'd always have spare organs right there in case you needed a kidney or liver or heart or something
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya gotta love ARFCOM!

If one twin committed suicide, it's kill the other. That'd make it a murder-suicide, wouldn't it?

Oh, IBTL

technically wouldnt that be a suicide-murder?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
 Tough call.  Generally with unseparated siamese twins if one dies, they both die...should they happen to live past the first days of their lives.  I'm sure the circulation issue of one heart trying to pump blood through both bodies would cause massive internal organ failure in the living twin and cause their demise as well.

and if it didnt, could you imagine walking around with your dead sibling still attached to you?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#24]
What if one of them is infected with Solanum?Would it affect both of them? Could they be seperated then?

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#27]
What about the death penalty?

CRC
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Are there any fraternal siamese twins?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:56:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Are there any fraternal siamese twins?

Medically not possible.  

Now if you're talking about lodge brothers , why not?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:01:07 AM EDT
[#30]
If one is a hardcore liberial and ther other is a conservative how do the poltical meetings go?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:05:15 AM EDT
[#31]
You can kill your self can't you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top