User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/27/2011 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Walmart is all about profit and maximizing their use of space. The store stocks what sells, if the product isn't profitable at that location, it's gone. There are two Walmarts in my town, the one by the Mall does not sell guns, the one on the edge of town does. A country Walmart I frequent in a small town near a lot of hunting is like a Bass Pro; tree stands with mounted animals on display, tons of guns and shooting equipment. A friend of mine in rural Nebraska buys reloading supplies at Walmart. Walmarts only corporate ploicy is "make a profit".

I'll bet that those of you whose Walmarts don't sell guns live in a "non gun" area, that is to say, not covered up with gun totin' rednecks.

Only an idiot would call Walmart "Commie" since they worship profit above all else. They are the antithesis of comunisim.

I read an article where Wal-Mart has decided to bring guns back to many of their stores. Seems that the margins on gun sales are small but they will bring guys like me to the store and even if I don't buy a gun, I might buy other crap. Without guns and ammo, I seldom go to Wal-Mart.

OP, I did buy a Ruger 10-22 there for both myself and my nephew. My normal FFL doesn't even stock these guns because the margins are too small, the only ones you will see in his shop are used.

Link Posted: 6/27/2011 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
bought a wally world special a few years ago

22" SS barrel
deluxe birch stock

but then sold it

looked like this
(not my photo)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/CajunBass/DSCF0002a.jpg

Identical to mine. Good rifle with no complaints.
Link Posted: 6/27/2011 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]
My local one has 10/22's but I was spared the misery( there is never anyone in SG) of buying one there when my local funstore had a used one in minty shape for 185...out the door.
Link Posted: 6/27/2011 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#4]
My wal-mart 10-22 $217,Mini-14 $627.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top