Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2003 3:14:17 PM EDT
AR15.com AK-74 GROUP BUY now in progress !!

Campby Bob, krinkfreak and Ohio Rapid Fire have done a fine job of delivering a great value to AR15.com members.  Please follow the link below for pricing and details.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=58235&page=6#bottom

BTW, these are NOT run-of-the-mill production AK's but are being CUSTOM BUILT by Ohio Rapid Fire.

5sub
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
OMG!  I was about to buy one of those from Arsenal, but the only problem was that Arsenal's rifles dont have the scope mount!

Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
OMG!  I was about to buy one of those from Arsenal, but the only problem was that Arsenal's rifles dont have the scope mount!

Thanks for the heads up

raven
I've wound up with a couple of AK's with no scope mount.  NOT GOOD.  Especially since I can't shoot for crap without a scope.

5sub
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up

raven
I've wound up with a couple of AK's with no scope mount.  NOT GOOD.  Especially since I can't shoot for crap without a scope.

5sub

Try B-Squares saddle style scope mount 18600 AK47
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Kobra sight so getting an AK with a side mount was mandatory.  Plus, these SEAK's come with Red Star Arm's nice AK trigger set (crappy trigger sets are a problem in some Romanian clones) AND a hard case.  It's a good deal, and the timing could not have been better.  This is exactly the gun I want

I had a SAR-2, and the 5.45x39mm is sweet.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up

raven

5sub

Nah, you ideally want the side plate on the receiver.  That's the original design, and Russian optics made for AK-style weapons are designed to mount to it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#6]
being poor sucks, what can i say?  if anybody is on the line about buying one, buy one cause i can't (good an excuse as any)
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, looks like another gun I can't get.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is it possible to get one with OD Green furniture?

S.A.,
you might check with "krinkfreak" to be certain but I believe they're trying to stay black only to simplify things.

5sub
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up

raven

5sub

Thanks much and I'll check out B-Square.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:00:07 AM EDT
[#11]
All,

Here is some information on the Special Edition AK-74 being produced for Team AR15.COM

This is what the rifle will look like:

Specifications are as follows:

Rifle:
- Brand New Bulgarian AK-74 5.45 Kit
- Side Rail Scope Mount
- RSA Fire Control Group (3 US Parts)
- RSA Gas Piston (1 US Part)
- US Pistol Grip (1 US Part)
- Ohio Ordnance Receiver (1 US Part)
- Bulgarian Muzzle Brake (Tack Welded)
- Bulgarian Black Polymer Furniture
- Magazine, Black Polymer Slabside
- Sling
- Cleaning Kit
- Bayonet
- Manual
- Hardcase

Cost:

$650 (Team AR15 Members Only)
$700 (Non Members w/$50 going to support AR15.COM)

Deposit will be 50 percent of the cost of the rifle.  If you decide to cancel after production begins, the cancellation fee will be half of the deposit.

Payment can be made by Cash, Credit Card, Money Order, or PayPal.

Note: Cost includes shipping to your FFL.

Appearance:
Ohio Rapid Fire "BLARK" Finish.  This finish is a durable Blued/Parkerized Finish.

Options:
This was discussed, debated, and beat to death.  In order to keep production times short and costs to a minimum, it was decided the rifle will come as a standard AK-74.  

Engraving:

Bolt Carrier Side below front trunnion will tentatively be engraved with:

AR15.COM
SPECIAL EDITION AK-74
001 OF 500

Note:  Final "total" number of weapons to be produced has not been decided at this time, and will be determined by total number of individuals desiring a weapon

Opposite side of Bolt Carrier below front trunnion will be tentatively engraved with:

MANUFACTURED EXCLUSIVELY
FOR TEAM AR15.COM

Note:  Both engravings are tentative and we are still open to suggestions from all of you.  Final engraving will be determined by Team AR15 Members.

Warranty:
1 Year on Entire Rifle from Date of Shipment

Production Timeline:

The first batch of can begin shortly after kits arrive at Ohio Rapid Fire.  The tentative start date is 1 Dec 03, with units shipping on or about 31 Jan 04.

Instant Message me if you want a rifle so I can get an idea of how many rifles will be in the total production number.  I will reply back to you to let you know I received your input.

Do it now, regardless of whether you want to be in the first batch or last batch.

Thanks,

KF
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Any chance on getting one in 7.62X39?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Update from KF
-----------------------------------------------

All,

Here are a few updates on the SEAK Production Schedule:

SEAK Rifle:
- AK-74 Kits are due to arrive at Ohio Rapid Fire during the first week of January. Their were some unexpected shipping delays from the country of origin, and they are inbound as of this date. This is good news for those of you who were worried about the holidays taking your fun money away from you. It also lets everyone snag the "Tax Refund" check before the spouses get their hands on them...

Just make sure you don't get yourself in trouble...

"I'm sick of you buying guns!!"Look biatch, it's a SEAK now get off my back!!

Production should begin on 15 Jan 04, with the first rifles shipping on or about 30 Jan 04. Later batches will take about two-three weeks to assemble and ship. Ohio Rapid Fire will be working full time on putting out these rifles to all customers.

SEAK Scope:
- I spoke with Bob and John at KVAR and they told me the factory producing the PO3 scopes are currently backlogged on a major contract with a foreign nation. They anticipate receiving scopes for the SEAK project within 3-4 months. This may not sit well with some of you, and I understand. But supply and demand always rules in a situation like this....So, it appears the best we could hope for to receive the scopes will be in the Feb/Mar timeframe. That's not so bad. If you purchase a SEAK, then you qualify to get the PO3 at the $195 cost from Ohio Rapid Fire. Consider it a "virtual raincheck" that you can use as soon as they receive them from KVAR. KVAR went on to thank all of us here at AR15.COM who supported them after the racially discriminating posts toward KVAR were made on GunGoons.Nutz

SEAK Mags and Pouches:
- Same schedule as the SEAK rifles. They should be due in during the first week of January and will be shipped with the rifles.

Production Schedule:
- First Batch should start on or about 15 Jan 04 and be ready to ship on 30 Jan 04. Deposits (1/2 of your order) should be received by Rapid Fire prior to 15 Jan 04 in order to be in the first batch.

- Second Batch should start 15 Feb 04 and ship on or about the end of Feb 04. Deposits (1/2 of your order) should be received by Rapid Fire prior to 15 Feb 04 in order to be in the second batch.

- Third and Last Batch should start 15 Mar 04 and ship on or about 30 Mar 04. Deposits (1/2 of your order) should be received by Rapid Fire prior to 15 Mar 04 in order to be in the third and last batch.

DEPOSITS:
- Under no circumstances should deposits be sent to Ohio Rapid Fire until potential purchasers are notified via email or "the call to send deposits" is posted on AR15.COM

This will save all of us trouble in case something happens (Murphy's Law) which may upset the SEAK Production Schedule.

I hope this helps everyone stay in the loop on the SEAK Project.

Take care,

KF
"SEAK Middle-Man Stuckee"

[ Edited By KRINKFREAK on 11/15/2003 12:49:17 PM ]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Since it's going to be a limited run and somewhat of a "collectors" item could a person get one on a C&R lic.?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top