Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2007 5:34:05 AM EDT
Lee Gerrard FOUND DEAD

News Now Update: Body Found in Jefferson County.

A body was found on the side of a quiet, nameless dirt road off of Tram Road right before you cross the St. Marks River in Jefferson County. Deputies say it doesn't appear to be an accident.

The area is heavily wooded and Deputies say, the only people who travel the dirt road are logging workers and hunters.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's office says it received a call around 3:00pm from a "passer-by" who found the body of a white male.

His age and identity haven't been released, but the Sheriff's Office expects foul play and say he died recently.

Deputies have a witness, but officials are not releasing identity. Deputies say this is the preliminary stage of this investigation.

ALL officers are asked to be on the lookout for the assailants, possibly more than one.

Contact the local sheriff for details, the killer needs to be stopped RFT

details to follow as soon as they are availible.

Lee Gerard was a large, tough man, with huge heart, consider his murderer to be armed and dangerous, likely to flee at all costs to every human in contact.

This is an attack on every last decent man left in this world.

UPDATE:

His body was found on the side of a dirt road. his Landscaping trailer was left, his truck was gone.

There were no visible signs of the cause of death. They are doing autopsy his morning.

This happened some time yesterday while he was working. His workers are suspected.

On friday he had fired a guy working for him that had threatened to kill him. He had to get the Police involved then.

The illegals he had working for him may have panicked, ditched his body, took the truck and left.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:52:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
who?

+1

Is this name supposed to register in any way?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:54:08 AM EDT
[#3]
A single murder doesn't even make the news lead in Memphis.  It has to be a multiple to make it on before the first commercial.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't go out there!!
I don't want you shooting any of our officers.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#5]
You would think there would be more interest when in fact there were illegals involved in this murder.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:31:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You would think there would be more interest when in fact there were illegals involved in this murder.

Illegals involved in crime? Inconceivable.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Oh, so THAT's your angle. I was wondering why you cared about a typical murder half a country away from you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:33:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll take a look when I walk out to my truck to get lunch!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#9]
No John, this man was my friend
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Body in Jefferson County identified as Tallahassee man
By Jeff Burlew and Jennifer Jefferson

The man whose body was discovered Tuesday afternoon along a dirt logging road in rural Jefferson County has been identified as Michael Lee Gerrard, 35, of Tallahassee, said Maj. Bill Bullock of the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

The body has been taken to the state Medical Examiner's Office in Tallahassee for an autopsy that will be conducted today, Bullock said.

Sheriff David Hobbs said that it was evident that foul play was involved.

"He hadn't been there long," Hobbs said. "It was pretty recent."

A member of a logging crew spotted the body about 3 p.m. off Tram Road, just across the Leon/Jefferson county line. Deputies arrived, and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement was called to process the crime scene.

The body was still at the scene after dark Tuesday. Hobbs, who was at the scene with deputies and FDLE personnel, said the body would be taken to the state Medical Examiner's Office in Tallahassee for an autopsy.

Bullock said blood was found on the fully clothed body. He wasn't aware of any recent missing-persons cases in Jefferson County.

The death is still under investigation.

"We're following up on some leads, and we'll see where the investigation takes us," he said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Hobbs or Bullock at (850) 997-2523.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:46:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope they catch the cockroach border jumpers.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry about your friend,

About the comments, it might have made more sense to people if we had known up front the connection to yourself.

Too many times lately there have been posts that cried wolf or were from the onion, etc.....

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Understood

I hope the perps suffer to their last breath.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
No John, this man was my friend

Sorry for your loss. Any leads?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Almost positive it was the illegals on his crew, he was threatened with death on friday, for firing one of them.

This man would give his last dollar to a stranger in need, and has on many occasions, he donated his time and money(he was a working guy) to others in need and their families.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#16]
How much of this could have been prevented if your friend
hadn't hired illegals in the first place?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Here's an idea......LETS WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE WE START BLAMING THE MEXICANS.....fuckin' racist asshats.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#18]
That was what the firing was about
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Who is being racist here??

This was a heinous act perpetrated by illegal aliens from mexico, this has nothing to do with people from mexico who are here legally.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Am I the only one confused as to what state?
There are a lot of Jefferson Counties....

Poster is from IL, but Tallahassee makes me think FL
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Here is a good picture of Lee
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Here's an idea......LETS WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE WE START BLAMING THE MEXICANS.....fuckin' racist asshats.

Your powers of deduction fail you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#23]
This happened around the Florida/southern Georgia border area.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Hiring illegals is somewhat advantageous when it comes time for payday and doing taxes, but rather inconvenient when it comes time to tracking a murderer.

I'll keep an eye out for some brown guy running towards the border looking over his shoulder for ya.

ETA: Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

If you had botherted to be more clear in your initial post, there wouldn't have been so much confusion as to what your point was.

Truly sorry for your loss....I hope they crucify the bastards who are responsible.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 5:05:11 AM EDT
[#26]
I knew the guy too.

He was a jumper, real nice guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top