Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 6:58:07 AM EDT
I need to get a few suits..Just to wear to church, occasional wedding, & job interview, and dinner twice a year.. Ive seen S&K and Mens Warehouse both have "$99 specials" but which one is a better quality suit?

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:00:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I always though S&K tending to be a bit more guidoish and flashy. I would go with mens warehouse.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I always though S&K tending to be a bit more guidoish and flashy. I would go with mens warehouse.

Will check them out..Looking for a "bread and butter plain jane"  Blue with thin grey pin stripes, single breast for a start..
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:13:47 AM EDT
[#3]
You may also want to check out Nordstom rack. Good deals on higher quality items.

When it comes to a lower dollar suit, there are several things you can do to make is appear less so.

First (and this is key) Take it to an excellent tailor. A well fitting suit, is key and can make a value suit look better.

Second, quality accessories. Buy at least two high-quality silk ties. And take care of them. Hang them up. Also, plan on spending $50 for a nice dress shirt. Nothing screams cheap like an inexpensive dress shirt.

Have your suit maintained by a quality dry cleaner as required. Don't let it get rumpled.

Lastly. Shoes. Polished. Keep shoe trees in them.

I can't believe I just wrote this. I feel a little bit gheyer right now, but hopefully I help another member.

-Z
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You may also want to check out Nordstom rack. Good deals on higher quality items.

When it comes to a lower dollar suit, there are several things you can do to make is appear less so.

First (and this is key) Take it to an excellent tailor. A well fitting suit, is key and can make a value suit look better.

Second, quality accessories. Buy at least two high-quality silk ties. And take care of them. Hang them up. Also, plan on spending $50 for a nice dress shirt. Nothing screams cheap like an inexpensive dress shirt.

Have your suit maintained by a quality dry cleaner as required. Don't let it get rumpled.

I can't believe I just wrote this. I feel a little bit gheyer right now, but hopefully I help another member.

-Z

Not at all.

A man should know how to dress properly for formal occasions.

Not everyone was in the military.  Not everyone had a white collar dad.

I had a 70 year old retired lady Marine show me how to tie a tie when I was in high school because my blue collar step-father did not own a single one.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd say go to Men's Warehouse because every time I have been there they have been very helpful and knowledgeable.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:32:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

-Z

Thanks for the tips esp. on Nordstroms.
+1 on dry cleaning...I have a few nice shirts and ties ive been wearing the past few years that are my current size.. My old suits just "shrunk"..
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Jos A Bank has suits for 99-150 online right now.  The quality and name of their suits are leaps and bounds above both SK and MW.

And to above, it's not gay a tall to know how to dress professionally and look good.

www.josbank.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top