Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2005 4:27:39 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:29:56 PM EST
I still want to know why everyone still says the war is over oil. If it was over oil, why are the prices going UP?
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:30:05 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:30:25 PM EST
$34.00 for premium, I think I'll survive
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:32:19 PM EST
...How hard is it to drill for oil through glass?
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:36:35 PM EST
It's the damn speculators driving up the price and making all the money. OPEC announces an increase in production and price jumps. Just like the internet stock bubble.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:37:17 PM EST
[Tinfoil hat]I have to wonder if the price hike has anything to do with getting ANWR opened up.
[/Tinfoil hat]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:38:52 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:40:07 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:36:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By Daytona955i:

I guess it would make it easy to see how much is left to pump out of there!

>Nuke their ass, Take the gass!<

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:43:40 PM EST
I don't think Opec is doing anything other than pumping as much oil as they can. Not that it makes much difference.

Drilling ANWR... doesn't make much difference either. Drill it, don't drill it... Unless we put more oil on the market than the market demands, we're going to see shortages and real price hikes at the pump, the kind that hurt.

I guess we'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:45:04 PM EST
As much as high oil prices hurt us. Its hurts the euros and chinese even more.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:54:21 PM EST
... Sometimes I wonder if oil will ever flow unimpeded from Iraq. It just seems those "insurgents" Muslim fundamentalist indigenous Iraqis, are Hell-bent on disrupting production until the last US boot is off the sand.

... To me, that's even more reason for a determined control and resolve over the situation. I just wish I knew what the end game-plan is there.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:55:30 PM EST

Too Funny!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:59:58 PM EST
Everything operates not on reality, but the perception of reality. Posit: People think a bank might be financially shaky. Consequence: People being to withdraw their money. Result: Soon it is financially shaky. Conclusion: You can make banks fail. Think bigger - stock market, currency market, commodities market... small countries?

Originally Posted By Blue84S10:
I still want to know why everyone still says the war is over oil. If it was over oil, why are the prices going UP?

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:01:31 PM EST

Makes me wish I owned a few producing wells in western Kansas, that's for sure

Maybe I should drill my backyard just in case.

Jim
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:05:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By Peak_Oil:
I don't think Opec is doing anything other than pumping as much oil as they can. Not that it makes much difference.

Drilling ANWR... doesn't make much difference either. Drill it, don't drill it... Unless we put more oil on the market than the market demands, we're going to see shortages and real price hikes at the pump, the kind that hurt.

Immediate 500,000 barrels per day increase in output. You see, if they don't, they LOSE. Some where else, somebody will increase their output. Equatorial Africa, Russia etc. are all non-OPEC member areas that are hot.

Let it stew at $50 a barrel so the investors will encourage drilling.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 8:33:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/17/2005 8:36:45 PM EST by Max_Mike]

Originally Posted By Keith_J:

Originally Posted By Peak_Oil:

Immediate 500,000 barrels per day increase in output. You see, if they don't, they LOSE. Some where else, somebody will increase their output. Equatorial Africa, Russia etc. are all non-OPEC member areas that are hot.

Let it stew at $50 a barrel so the investors will encourage drilling.

Yea he is full of it as always. OPEC has excess production they have not touched yet. They CUT production 2 months ago by 1 million barrels a day.

THERE IS NO SHORTAGE. I don’t see any lines anywhere. THERE IS NO SHORTAGE.

What you have is a cartel manipulating prices. If ANWAR drilling has passed 4 years ago and the US had just 500,000 production up and running we would be seeing $30 oil right now. You cannot really blame OPEC because we are stupid.

We know what we need to do we just will not do… drill and build Nuke plants.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:05:26 PM EST

i like your thinking.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:09:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
OPEC will have a good shot at tanking this economy.

ANWR here we come.

A large part of the increase is the decline of the dollar .

One of the financial analysts on Fox had a graph with
the adjustment for the weak dollar , it showed that
the actual increase is around 2% . Which is below
the normal annual increases .
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:09:30 PM EST
Buy Honda!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:14:38 PM EST
I'm glad I filled up yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:17:01 PM EST

Not very.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:27:40 PM EST

With a triple cone bit, you could easily get 20 feet per hour from spud in. After that, the increased string weight would probably shoot the ROP to well over 50 feet per hour.

Triple cone bits crush instead of grind. Glass is no problem.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:38:21 PM EST
Increased Chinese demand sure does not help, everytime we buy something that is "made in China" we help a Chinese citizen buy a car.

The money we save at Mao-Mart we end up spending at the pump.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:40:01 PM EST

With a triple cone bit, you could easily get 20 feet per hour from spud in. After that, the increased string weight would probably shoot the ROP to well over 50 feet per hour.

Plus, the glass would only be a thin layer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 9:43:52 PM EST
What we need is more refineries. One of the the OPEC guys said best we can ship you all the oil you want but without new refinement plants it's not going to do you a lick of good.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 10:00:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/17/2005 10:00:45 PM EST by jrob709]

What we need is more refineries. One of the the OPEC guys said best we can ship you all the oil you want but without new refinement plants it's not going to do you a lick of good.

i caught that on tv the other day too. getting the oil here is only half the problem, i don't know about the rest of you but my car still needs gas. not straight oil. even if we're neck deep in oil its not doing any good.

need more gas production.

fucking eco-monkeys when / if anwar gets a few holes punched in it maybe they'll pop up a couple gas factories nearby.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 10:43:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By gus:

Plus, the glass would only be a thin layer.

Depends on how Rummy is feeling when the big balloon goes up
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 10:47:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By netwt12:

i like your thinking.

Goodness, I'm dense. I just got it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 10:56:23 PM EST
I like Dennis Miller's take:

FUCK THE CARIBOO, They don't need the oil.

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:36:50 PM EST
i believe the only GOOD argument for not ICBMing the whole friggin region is that crude gets contaminated pretty easily. but then again, i could be wrong....
Top Top