Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2002 5:24:33 AM EDT
The California legislature is voting to ban .50 cal. rifles today.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27045

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:35:44 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27045[/url]

I've gotta quit reading these articles... man, it pisses me off...
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:49:46 AM EDT
[#2]
California is a joke.

Ban the .50BMG! "If it just stops one assasination!"

Tax Coca-Cola! "For the fat people!"

Tax all ammo! "So our hospitals don't go broke!"

Every time I see one of these proposed laws I just laugh. Cali is so far beyond help it's not even worth getting mad about anymore. The more restrictive laws they make the worse the state becomes. It's already recognized as the state of gays to every other state in the union, as if that isn't motive enough to move by itself.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:53:03 AM EDT
[#3]
But she's so beautiful...
[img]http://www.statearms.com/images/rebelal2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:54:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
California is a joke.

Every time I see one of these proposed laws I just laugh. Cali is so far beyond help it's not even worth getting mad about anymore.
View Quote

it's interesting, but i've begun to feel the same way. the politcs are an embarassment to the nation. i wonder if there is any way t to give california back to mexico...provided all of the people there went along with it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#5]
According to NRA contacts, the hearing date listed on the state's Web site is incorrect.  AB2222 is scheduled to be heard in the Assembly Public Safety Committee no earlier than April 16.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
California is a joke.

Every time I see one of these proposed laws I just laugh. Cali is so far beyond help it's not even worth getting mad about anymore. The more restrictive laws they make the worse the state becomes....
View Quote

I laugh at it too, but perhaps for different reasons than you do.  Caliban madness can spread to your state.

I laugh because Caliban law lists dozens of things that are illegal to import into Californistan or manufacture here, but the laws are all unenforcable.

If you enter this state by land you will get checked for fruits and vegetables, if the agricultural inspection station happens to be open.  You may get searched by the feds for illegal aliens, if the checkpoint is open and you didn't happen to drive around it on a back road.  But there is ZERO effort to prevent you from bringing in any kind of firearms, high-capacity magazines, ammo, etc.  You can put any of those items in checked baggage on an airplane, and there is no chance that the state will question you about their legality.  The state has no law enforcement agency charged with that responsibility.

There are too many laws for the state to enforce them all.  Occasionally someone gets popped on a weapons charge, but it's ALWAYS in conjunction with a drug bust or a robbery bust or a stolen property investigation.

Any state that has a rapidly growing population, a large number of immigrants, or a lot of people living in urban areas is subject to the same bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:00:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
But there is ZERO effort to prevent you from bringing in any kind of firearms, high-capacity magazines, ammo, etc.  

The state has no law enforcement agency charged with that responsibility.

View Quote

I'm sure the politicians are working on closing the 'welcome to kali - your papers please' loophole as we speak.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#8]
FL_BOY,

About every other year someone in the Caliban legislature floats a proposal to create a state version of the BATF just to enforce gun laws.

So far it's never made it out of committee, due to budget reasons.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey, the Commiefornia politicians aren't stoopid. They want to outlaw one of the few weapons that can take out their armored cars, by one of the people they've pushed past the brink with all their silly legislation and taxes.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
the politcs are an embarassment to the nation.
View Quote

The same can be said about PA.
1. Your state voted for Gore in the last election.
2. It is illegal to hunt with an AR15 in PA.
3. It is illegal to load more than 3 rounds in your AR15 magazine at your state ranges.
4. Your State police have been keeping an illegal registry of gunowners since the 1930's.

California is bad, but PA is just as bad.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#11]
California really, really needs to defect.  They have not adhered to Federal Law in years.  The California legisaltion includes Domestic Terrorits like Dianne F.  California should not be allowed to participate in the United States of America since they are not united, but a seperatist republic. Build a wall sky high and STOP all federal funding for them at once.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#12]
All your big bore are belong to us.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
FL_BOY,

About every other year someone in the Caliban legislature floats a proposal to create a state version of the BATF just to enforce gun laws.

So far it's never made it out of committee, due to budget reasons.
View Quote

There is a bright side to recession.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone hear about Kali's sh!t policing policy. No kidding. There's a law now on the Kaliban books that requires restroom stalls to be up to some imposed standard. It was originally going to be tasked to the CHP, but they refused to take it on, so it was given to the state's - get this - Dept. of Weights & Measures! I wonder if there's some limit on how far up you can fill the crapper?

The state seems to be a microcosm of the fed. Or maybe the fed looks to Kalifornya for guidance?

I'm just glad I got the [flame][devil][flame] out of there. The political district demographics make it impossible for sane localities to make a real presence in the legislature. It'll take a downright revolt/strike/refusal to obey by gov't instituion employees (LE, etc.) to stem the legislative tide that the has drowned public policy over the last decade.

To put it simply - you're being voluntarily [stick]ed, [spank]ed & [sex]ed just living there.

Pull up your drawers & haul out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

i don't see how you can make that comparison.

1. philadelphia and pittsburgh voted for gore. fwir, the rest of the state was overwhelmingly republican.

2. but pa is also a class iii and ccw state. which would you rather have?

3. the 3 round rule is a pain, but from my understanding the 3 round rule was put in place because irresponsible shooters were doing too much damage to facilities with heavy fire. also, i've found it's generally not enforced unless the range is crowded or a person is just unloading.

the state range i use has a pistol range with covered shooting area, a shotgun range, a rifle range also with covered shooting,  an area for shooting clays, and an archerey range. in addition there are two auxillary ranges that are open 24/7 that can be pretty much used for anything.

target stands, sand bags, target back,s clay throwers are provided. there are no fees. plenty of parking. and i can bring any number of guests. i'm more than willing to pause after three shots (so it sounds as if i'm reloading) in order not to upset anyone.

4. i've read some things about this. are there any indications it is true or that the "records" are even accurate? do other states do anything similar?

pa may not be prefect, but i think most ca gun owners wouold be very happy to have pennsylvania firearms laws. of course ca is kind of messed up, so maybe not.

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I believe that CA is a CCW state as well.  California is also largely conservative except for the major Metro centers.  This can be said for nearly every state in the country.
At least AR's aren't banned in PA.  I would rather have some three round rule any day.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#17]
From WND article:

"Gov. Gray Davis, the Democratic incumbent, has yet to take a position but has said he is against any new tax measures."

I'd say you CA boys need to let your governor hear about this, too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#18]
"The Gun industry Sold these sniper Weapons to Osama Bin Laden"

I read that Now BULLSHIT first the GUN industry
has to get GOVERNMENT approval to export these guns, two, there is nothing said about how our
government GAVE them stinger missiles'. now
all of a sudden Barrette firearms selling guns
to TERRORIST but its OK to send them stinger missiles'. WHERE IS OUR SO CALLED GUN ALLIS BUSH
at on this one!  
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The same can be said about PA.
1. Your state voted for Gore in the last election.
2. It is illegal to hunt with an AR15 in PA.
3. It is illegal to load more than 3 rounds in your AR15 magazine at your state ranges.
4. Your State police have been keeping an illegal registry of gunowners since the 1930's.

View Quote

1) I wouldn't say PA is just as bad... Yeah, Pittsburg and Philly metro area are pretty liberal, but the rest of the state is mostly conservative and gun friendly.  

2) True, you can't hunt with semi-autos in PA, which does suck, but I don't think we're the only state to disallow this.  I'd love to put together a varmit AR, but being I can't use it, it would be somewhat pointless ;).

3) I don't believe it is "illegal" to load more than 3 rounds at a state game commission range, but it is against their rules.  These are free ranges that the state provides free of charge - you don't like their rules, go buy some land or get a membership at a private range.  Seems simple to me.

4) As opposed to the legal registry of "assault weapons" in CA?  While PA does restrict the private sale of handguns, long guns are still allowed so you can mostly remain "off the books".   Up until the instant check requirement, you could also use your CCW permit for firearm purchases, which I believe would also mostly keep you off their records.  I believe the problem is that we use PICS (state version of NICS) here instead of NICS, and they do keep the PICS records indefinitely.  I'd like this to end just as much as anyone else here, but I honestly think anyone who thinks the feds aren't keeping records are just kidding themselves...

On top of this, PA is class III friendly, is a shall issue CCW (I got mine in 24 hours, though it varies from county to county), has reciprocity of such with FL and KY, issues non-resident permits to anyone who has a permit in their home state, and has a state preemption clause.  In general, once you get outside the two major metro areas, PA is very gun friendly.

Rocko
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
From WND article:

"Gov. Gray Davis, the Democratic incumbent, has yet to take a position but has said he is against any new tax measures."

I'd say you CA boys need to let your governor hear about this, too.
View Quote

Yup--he doesn't mind raising taxes, or sicking OSHA (or whatever that safety group is) on business' to find stupid problems to fine them to help pay off [i]his[/i] debt (which in turn hurts customers going to the business) but create a new tax?  Never!!!

He's just covering his butt till after the election.  If he loses or after he wins this will be one of the first thing he ok's I bet.  He pissed off a lot of enviros because of the gas thing, and although they probably won't vote for Simon hopefully they'll not vote at all.
Can't wait till he's gone.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
1) I wouldn't say PA is just as bad... Yeah, Pittsburg and Philly metro area are pretty liberal, but the rest of the state is mostly conservative and gun friendly.  
View Quote

The liberl power bases in California are also in two metro areas: Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer are from San Francisco, Joe Waxman and Maxine Water Los Angeles area.  People outside of these two areas are moderate to conservative.  Unfortunately these two large areas have larger population thus ensuring perpetual liberal electorates.

Tectonic plate, where art thy sting?
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

At least AR's aren't banned in PA.  
View Quote

They are not banned in California either, I own several.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top