Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 4:50:27 AM EDT
Ok so what type of rnds are our snipers using with the .50 cal BMG sniping rifles?

I know what we used when I was in for our .50's, but they are belt fed not usually used for sniping. I would think .750 grains in a FMJ wouldn't be,...shall we say as fun as a lighter HP round that is designed to get some expansion in the millasecond it passes through a targets mud sack, & into the 12 mud sacks behind him.

So what are they using for this application?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:59:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what the operators are using, but I like Raufoss rounds (I know some snipers DO use them).  It really shreds up soft targets behind light armor and are a pretty accurate round to begin with. I just wish they weren't $40 a piece.  I also have three different frangible (solids) loads (from Watson's Weapons).  My match rounds are from HSM and use the A-MAX bullet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:00:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Raufoss

"The Navy uses it in their 50 cal sniper rifle and when
we made the rifle for them we were required to test each gun with it"

--- Gale McMillan
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:03:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top