Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2001 8:48:00 PM EDT
Let me start by saying F**K Chicago!!.

I live here, and the more I see about it's gun laws, the more it sucks.  I can't wait to finish school and move.

Because I am a Chicago resident, I need to store all my guns (I don't believe in registering firearms--even the few I own that are "legal" here, so they ALL stay out of Chicago's jurisdiction) outside the city limits.  

I just bought 2 very different .45 ACP pistols.  I had forgotten about the Multiple Purchase certificate until my dealer mentioned it.  They came from different dealers and got to my dealer at the same time.  Now Chicago has or will have my name from the ATF.  The purchase is legal--there are no restrictions on the number of handguns you can buy in IL, I have my FOID card, followed the 3 day wait, etc.  But I figure Chicago will give me some hassle eventually.  I just hope it is enough that I can get the media (conservative media, ISRA, etc.) involved.  I couldn't even pick the pistols up after the 3 day wait, because I had to have enough time to get the guns and get them to where my guns are stored.  Occasionally, life sucks.

Now to the .45 related stuff-- the two guns I got (traded for one, bought another) are a Colt Combat Commander (blued, Series 80) and an HK USP (Variant 1).  To me, they represent both ends of the .45 spectrum--an 80+ year difference in design history.  The Colt is a Classic--a functional work of art.  Every time I pick one up (I have a Kimber and a Colt Combat Elite already), I realize how much of a Genius John Browning was.  The USP has most of the new technology--high capacity for a .45, decocker, polymer frame, integral rails for lights, double action, etc. but in the end, the Colt has a more  substantial feel to it.  I can appreciate the USP as a well designed technological wonder, but it doesn't have the same "feel" as the Colt.  

Does anyone else feel the same way?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah,
the metal 1911s
don't leave you with
that "I just hit a softball with a wiffle bat"
feeling.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
thats how i feel also, iv been having trouble deciding between the classic work of art, of the super new hitech 45
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 1:16:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be honest, the only reason I got my Para was 1: I wanted at least one pistol in case Ohio ever gets Concealed Carry, 2: If I was getting a pistol, then .45 acp was the caliber I wanted, 3: it was a high capacity .45, 4: it was a private sell to boot. Just to hard to pass up.
My first impression was, wow this is hefty. I'm more of a long gun type, but figured I should have at least one pistol (for all the pistol attributes, sometimes they're is no substitute or alternative in some situations). As time went by, I got to liking the feel of  that P-14 more and more.
Want to hear one of the coolest sounds in the world? Clear your .45 and lock the slide back, then trip the slide release.....music to my ears. I think I did pretty good for my first (and maybe only) pistol purchase.[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top